It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Know Who Started the Tea Party?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm just wondering, because I was kinda busy, after losing my job, working to keep my house and feed my family.

Did the Tea Party just happen spontaneously, or did someone with clout start it? If anyone can help inform me, I'd be mighty obliged.

I am a supporter of Ron Paul and the Constitution of the United States of America.

Thanks for any information on the "history" of the Tea Party.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think the "tea party" was invented by the news media....not sure which one, probably a biased one im sure. I believe it is known by another name "libertarian?" or "constitution party?" but I'm pretty sure the Tea party was named such so it could be ridiculed and the ideas taken less seriously. just my opinion, but I am a bit of a cynic

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is the information I got off wikipedia. This is the best I can get for you.

The Tea Party movement is a fiscally-conservative socio-political movement that emerged in the United States in 2009 through a series of locally and nationally coordinated protests.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
www.infoplease.com...

that should get ya started

[edit on 1-9-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ron Paul started it. Him and bunch of gadamn patriots... you know the type

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thanks everyone who's posted so far, but I've done the searches and I can't seem to figure it out, still.

Does anyone know who coined the phrase?

I pose the question because, to be honest, the name of the new "party" kinda upsets me, due to the derogatory sentiments behind it.

So my question is, how was it formed, because it seems to be divisive, to break up the libertarians and constitutionalists.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cryingindian

Read boondock-saint reply. His is better then mine. The name came from the Boston Tea party. What is also funny is that when the tea was thrown overboard. Taxes were actually lowered. But early Americans were sick of the British monarchy.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Which Taxed Enough Already party do you mean?

The original, or the new one?

The original was started when a bunch of patriots got sick and tired of a tyrannical king and as a protest, they went to the Boston harbor and ransacked a ship of tea.

The second was started when a bunch of seperate patriots got sick and tired of a tyrannical government and as a protest, took up the name of the original Taxed Enough Already party.

Kinda like history repeating itself.

To me it is a combination of the Ron Paul Revolution, The market ticker forum also, the rant on CNN by one of the commentators on the government destruction of the economy, the conservative Republicans sick of the progressive RINO's infiltrating the party, the Constitutionalists, the Libertarians, and the other parties sick and tired of the government.

If you look into the militia movement, that is also part of it.

It was like a perfect storm, we had a liberal progressive Bush in office furthering the globalist plan and then we get the penultimate progressive in the WH. With Pelosi and Reid making the other two components to the perfect storm.

Add in a global economic debacle created by the government, endless wars, rampant corruption, absolute lies from every big government stooge out there, and what do you get?

Taxed Enough Already party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d16998bfe3b.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 1-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i thought the teaparty was started by the guy who put
on ron paul's first 'money bomb?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Ron Paul started it. Him and bunch of gadamn patriots... you know the type

Ron Paul had nothing to do with the inception
of the Tea Party. Read my link above.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Rick Sanelli's rant on CNBC is what I thought started it. Not too long after this rant they held a Tea Party in Chicago. FOX news kind of hijacked the movement unfortunately.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by asmall89]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
wait a min !!!
did I read that right?
A Wall Street Banker started the
Tea Party???
lol

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i think santelli stole the idea.

wiki link

No fundraising drives for any campaign matched the success of the Fawkes bomb until December 16, when the moneybomb on the Boston Tea Party's anniversary

google ron paul tea party money bomb.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A bunch of brother Freemasons about 250 years ago, I thought everyone new that.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Lol yes I guess he is a Wall Street Banker, but hey he was speaking truth. Who really thinks saving companies like GM was a good idea?

Around that time I think a lot of people were angry about the bailouts, and a "Tea Party" kind of protest was on a lot of people's minds. Did anyone really like their taxpayer money being used to help out corrupt corporations?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
CIA?

hahah

Anyone find it interesting they dressed up as natives when they threw the tea overboard?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I remember this pretty clearly.

Prior to Santelli's tirade, there had been an internet initiative going around that encouraged people to send a teabag to their Reps in Washington.

If one were to search ATS for something like "Send a teabag" I know that several hits will come up.

I posted on these threads myself.

Here is one of many links regarding sending a teabag.

Linky

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Matter of fact, this is from an ATS thread:

posted on 26-1-2009 @ 07:19 PM

If thier actions disgust you, send them a teabag, and a letter of grievance. Take these idiots to task. They should all know what the teabag is a symbol of.

signature
"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as there shall be vacant lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison)

Link to ATS thread

Posted a full month before Santerelli

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

it appears that that Tea Bag article requesting
sending tea bags to congressmen was written
March 14.

Santelli's rant was at least a month or more earlier.

And lastly, there is a big difference between
sending a tea bag in the mail and organizing
a party affiliation. The OP asked who started the
party, not who sent the first tea bag.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The OP asked who started the party, not who sent the first tea bag.

And I was simply giving him my recollection of how (and possibly who) started the movement

not how it was hijacked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join