It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your current favorite military in the world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I hope this is the right place for this thread. If not mods please move! I wanted to chat with other military lovers and see who they believe are their favorites armies in the world. I'm split between two as of right now. Both the United States Armed Forces and the People's Liberation Army. Both groups are a testimony in time it's self.
en.wikipedia.org...
United States Armed Forces

en.wikipedia.org...
People's Liberation Army

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
my favorite army is the one that doesn't exist.
Why would anyone have a favorite war machine?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Costa Rica
The sooner the world rids itself of the military the better, but since we are as a species still too backwards and tribal for that to happen i better stick to the topic. I would say the PLA as well, considering they will be the most powerful military to have ever existed on planet earth within my life time i think it's a safe to put my money on them.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Canadian.

We have great armed forces, that we rarely use

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Rebel not sure if I am understanding the question correctly.....I am only going off of what I know currently of the following and I admit Im a little biased, only because I am from this country. The USMC baby! I like the pride, mystique, full dress uniform, history, and concepts. Just my personal opinion

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Ohh baby! The USMC is amazing! Russia also has a great military. Keep it faithful that's what I always say.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Expect an influx of Libertarians when asking a question like this...

To me, are perfect unit should be versatile, flexible and strategic. So first on my list would be The United States Marine Corp.

Second would have to be the British Special Air Service or 'SAS'. There motto "Who Dares Wins" speaks for itself.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Here's a list you should enjoy. This list the top 10 special forces in the world. Even though the PLA and the Vietnam military is not on there I still really like them. If the U.S. and PRC went to war we would need to learn more about technology. Because that one special weapon China has up it's sleeve. It is more simple to hack a computer for information then fight without knowledge of your enemy.
listverse.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Canadian.

We have great armed forces, that we rarely use

Then why have them?

Canadian troops are a great bunch of guys.

And on topic? My choice is any military that's not actively shooting at me.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
my favorite army is the one that doesn't exist.
Why would anyone have a favorite war machine?

Contrary to current opinion on ATS, the military does more than just bust up stuff and kill people. That's more like a perk.

Check out pictures of Haiti. 99% of that aid wouldn't have made it there without USAF Airlift and USN sealift. And other countries militaries that had support on the ground rescuing people.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I'm split between two as of right now. Both the United States Armed Forces and the People's Liberation Army. Both groups are a testimony in time it's self.

What does this mean "a testimony in time it's self"...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Any Army that can squash all of the armies on earth in one fail swoop is a
the side I want to be on. Till then The Republican Guard was a neat one.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by cluckerspud]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I would definitely pick the french foreign legion.
These men truly do not fear death, most are running away from their past and thus have nothing to lose, they are also trained mercilessly.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Uzbekistan's definitely. Most powerful military in the North-East Middle East baby!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well as a 5 year veteran of the United States Army my desicion is kind of bias.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well the American Navy for sure
My heart was stolen by a sailor and I love him for it. I think that might make me more bias however.

Also many things I have always been into conspiracy wise involve the Navy so I definitely prefer the Navy.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Favorite..like Whats your favorite loli-pop? You mean who are the worlds greatest modern warriors. The US and Israel have the greatest fighting forces on the face of the earth. Bar none. And if we live long enough we'll get to see it proven.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

The US and Israel have the greatest fighting forces on the face of the earth. Bar none. And if we live long enough we'll get to see it proven.

Israel?? I doubt they would rank in the top 10 as a stand alone force.

And if you took away all their US donated weapons probably top 20 would be a stretch...

Lets remember their population is only around 6 million so not a bad effort..

BTW, as an unbiased Aussie, I'd have our SAS guys up there..

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Israel?? I doubt they would rank in the top 10 as a stand alone force.

I disagree! Israel structured one of the toughest martial arts in the world Krav Maga as well as design the UZI and Desert Eagle firearms.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

British and Australian SAS without a shadow of a doubt.
Both amazing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join