It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: what do we actually know?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is a thread for the people who post on this website telling people they are completely sure NOTHING is going to happen in 2012 because SCIENCE says so, because LOGIC tells this way...

So, these are the same people who bash other people because those guys think they know the future?
Don't they EVER REALIZE that by telling people " I'm sure nothing is going to happen in 2012 and I will laugh at you in 2013 " those skeptics are telling people what is supposed to happen in the future?
So, suddenly all the skeptics know about the future!!!

Of course, for them nothing ever happened, and nothing is ever happening, so the fact that Deepwater disaster is greatly bigger than thought is already debunked for them, the Timewave is alrady debunked, nothing happened at all of significant in summer 2010, of course, because millions of Pakistani homeless are non event for them, that is clearly " something that happens every day ", of course because every SINGLE day of EVERY SINGLE DAMN day some flood causes millions of people to be homeless and there is nothing significant in it.

All those people that say " I'm sure this is going to be debunked in 2013 " or " I already know that on December 24 2012 I will laugh at those dumb people " are clearly PREDICTING THE FUTURE.
And they are the same guys who post in every single thread about predictions of any kind than NOBODY CAN KNOW THE FUTURE.
Do you see this?

Nobody of you skeptics have a damn idea about what will happen in November/December 2012.
Damn, admit it already.
How can you know something will NOT happen to the point that you already know you will having a huge party that night? How can you know?

Admit it, because most of you skeptics would be the first ( and only ) people to freak out if ever something dares to happen in a dramatic/huge/world changing way...On that day...
You couldn't handle the damn idea!!!! You would go crazy!!!!

" How is possible that this damn disaster dared to happen on this specific day? On my book it was supposed to be my party and laught to dumb people day!!!! But...What???? Nobody can come to celebrate my party " Science told us nothing will happen "???? How dare they??? This was supposed to be MY day!!! ".
This is what skeptics , some of them, think...
Exactly the same of what some believers think...

I don't think 2012 has to be legend because I will be there, I don't know if I will be alive to see it, I greatly hope to see it, whatever it is...

You skeptics, not us...

Think about it

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Zagari]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'll bite.
No, wouldn't freak out as you phrase it. I'm rather level-headed.
Skepticism (at least for me) comes from not being excitable and easily scared.

So, as I said, nope no panic here. I deal with events as (or in the highly unlikely event regarding the date in question) they happen.

With regards to telling people what will happen in the future. Hmmm, maybe you should try saying.

"Present a case with a much higher probability of being true."

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Irony is everywhere in life.
You skeptics wouldn't be able to deal with a COMPLETELY POSSIBLE Yellowstone eruption right on December 21 2012 at 11:11 am.
What can you possibly know? It has a great chance to happen. Why not?

Irony will choose the day most people don't think something will happen to make something colossal to happen.
Remember the Titanic, guys...
People knew through their dreams and saved their life...
Titanic was NOT supposed to sink, but it did sanked.
And in a big showy way.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Nobody can predict the future.
Except for the people that believe in 2012, apparently.
I always say it's highly unlikely anything world ending will happen that year.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Will any believers put their membership on the line?! Just wondering.
If nothing happens, and I mean NOTHING on December 21st 2012, would you
be willing to resign and just disappear from this site?

I'm not endorsing the idea that any believer should, but I want to know who will
put it all on the line. Any takers?!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
people do not know enough about what is supposed to happen in the year 2012 anyways.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Not a single one of the 2012 "prophecies" has any scientific backing. Every single one has been debunked over and over again.

So now you're asking us to not debunk them because you think we couldn't handle it if something were to happen? That's totally illogical.

Fact is, there is no Planet X, galactic alignment happens once per year and only from OUR perspective (aka nothing galactic changes), pole shifts don't happen overnight but over a very long time, we have mapped all major asteroids and the next large one won't be here until 2014, wars happen all the time and aren't linked to "prophecies", and the rest of the prophecies are hogwash too.

Believe all you want, but I challenge you to post a single prophecy that's not based on total guess work or hogwash.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Yeah cant agree more mate, more and more people are slowly
coming out of their cocoon and these poeple will hopefully benefit
from their awareness. There is just too much expected to happen
at thesame time.

Various cultures calenders culminating, Mayan, Chinese etc.

The galactic alignment, the suns alignment with centre of galaxy

The procession of the equinox to the thirteenth sign Ophiuchus.

The alignment of the divine cross with the terrestrial cross.

If you think all these events are false or do not culminate well,
not all of us are blessed with the same amount of discernment,
good luck!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

My role as a " believer " in 2012, in this forum, will change if nothing significant will happen by January 2011.

I don't believe, anyway, that time doesn't exists. And, all the people who I met and which tried to say Timewave is already debunked by its own are simply blind to the result ( see mini cycle, perfect sequence 1979- 1986 ) and they didn't see enough into the thread to claim something.

You skeptics, most of you, already made up your mind to the fact that 2012 will be the most boring year of your life.
I won't think that way. I'm excited to be living now because there is a slight possibility of some change coming in 2012.
But I won't cry if I will wake up on December 24 2012 and the world will look like exactly the same as September 1 2010.
Anyway, I greatly doubt I will wake up on that day and that things in the world will be exactly the same as this day I'm living now.

Unless you work in the government, Nasa, army, you cannot possibly know what's in store for humanity, next.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There is always that one time when ya go ooooooooops....i didnt see that coming.

I dont know what is scarier.
1) An event like we saw in the movie or 2.) The so called phasing into 4th density from 3rd density and having to be careful of what you think about because it will determine your reality.

The second scenario speaks of everything temporal and not natural will begin disappearing and the need for you to be in a nature type setting to make the transition.
If you get afraid you won't make it to 4th density or might create a self fulfilling reality of an undesirable experience. Once you make it to 4th density you must hold positive thoughts with no fear for the first few hours to determine your future experience in 4th density.

If this is the case trust me....everyone will be scared. I don't care how brave you think you are. If this is indeed the case there is a possibility there will be no one that makes it to 4th density.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Fact is, dear friend, that I never posted in none of the Planet X / Nibiru threads because I didn't believe for a single second in my life that that theory is right.

Fact is, my dear friend, that I ONLY believe that Timewave Zero is the ONLY theory that can show us that something CAN happen in 2012.
The ONLY ONE.

And let me damn say this, please:
NONE OF YOU DEBUNKED IT IN ANY WAY...NOT YET.

PS: I don't believe in the given date December 21 2012 for Timewave.
I think its going to happen in the 3rd or last week of November 2012 if not months before...In May 2012.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Glad to see you will stick around after the date in question. Being Skeptical is
not a bad thing. It's natural to a question the validity of facts. In my opinion,
everyone's a skeptic to a degree. You are skeptical to the fact that others
believe nothing will happen. No one can see the future.

And by your statement you too could be on the other side come January 2011.
I will not judge you then and I have not judged you now.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by Zagari

Yeah cant agree more mate, more and more people are slowly
coming out of their cocoon and these poeple will hopefully benefit
from their awareness. There is just too much expected to happen
at thesame time.

Various cultures calenders culminating, Mayan, Chinese etc.

The galactic alignment, the suns alignment with centre of galaxy

The procession of the equinox to the thirteenth sign Ophiuchus.

The alignment of the divine cross with the terrestrial cross.

If you think all these events are false or do not culminate well,
not all of us are blessed with the same amount of discernment,
good luck!

The Mayan calendar just enters a new cycle, and the Chinese calendar doesn't even "culminate" as you call it. The Mayan calendar just restarts, but the 2012 dudes conveniently leave out that fact

The galactic alignment is hogwash. It only looks that way from our perspective, on a galactic scale, NOTHING changes. What's more, this happens every year

The rest of your points are all based on pure superstition...

As for the "time wave" (lol), that's a theory by a crazy man who was on shrooms (he really was, lol) when he came up with the theory. It's NOT based on sound science and just like the rest of the prophecies is total hogwash and based on false science and people who want to make $$$ selling related books/DVDs.

What baffles me the most is that you're seriously saying we shouldn't be sceptical...on a conspiracy forum!! That's a very dumb statement, sorry.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by MrXYZ]

[edit on 1-9-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
For most skeptics, is ALWAYS more likely that THEY are right and the others are wrong.
They are simply not able to say the contrary.
I admit I don't easily change my decision to work on Timewave theory, but why should I? Is that a loss of time? Of course not...Life is a lesson.

Thanks to my working to the theory, I have a clearer idea about world history than 99% people I know.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

From my research on Timewave, 2010 will be a precursor year to 2012.
And from what I see, I clearly see a rise in global events in the year 2010 than in the year 2005, 2007 etc.
2010 is simply weird to me.

2010 is the definite test for Timewave. I should expect something huge, something totally world freaking, in 2010, for the theory to work.

I know its not likely to happen, but am I wrong to hope it happens? Not.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

My dear friend, DNA was discovered using drugs, you know, honey???

Did you try drugs? I didn't. And I won't try them. But HOW THE HECK can you debunk the possibility that Mckenna did see something actually existing using drugs?
You never used them!!!! How can you say???? Its like, you are blind, everyone is blind, except Mckenna and you can't debunk the fact he saw colors.
Because you would have no idea what color is!!!! But COLOR IS TRUE!!!! Can't you see it?

How can you be sure there's not some creature that human beings would be able to see ONLY using Lsd???
How can you know? You never been under Lsd influence...You simply have no idea.
Damn, admit it. Because its true. Its a fact, you have no idea.

Scientists are the real danger to progress.
Like Mckenna said, Culture is NOT your friend!!!!!

Timewave is not yet debunked. 2010 is not over. November didn't arrived yet. Timewave can still be reliable.
And you clearly didn't dare to touch the topic of Timewave with the mouse before this moment in your life.

Think about it, Mckenna could have seen the " colors " people are not able to see because they have been said by science that drugs make you see non existing things.
But no doctors tried drugs and came back to say, no, those things are not real.
They know nothing and you follow them.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

So nobody can predict the future? do you really beleive that?
Nostradamus (his time of death + his grave robbers would be shot)
Mother Shipton ( practically all she wrote)
Edgar Cayce (beneath the sphinx)
children of Fatima (miracle of Fatima)
Hopi indians (world web)
open your eyes, come out from under your rock and free your mind
despite sciences great acomplishments they cannot explain anything
relating to a spiritual realm, despite its overwhealming reality

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

You forget Titanic people and their dreams and their decision not to travel...
You are forgetting the premonitory dream of that Usa President in the 1860s that got shot the week after the dream...

Of course, dreams are the things the brain creates and they show you your every day life.

Of course, yeah, in my every day life I always have 3 siblings, I live in New York, and I made sex with ( insert famous actress ).
That is what my dreams showed to me.
Of course, I happen to NOT live in New York, I don't have 3 siblings and I unfortunately don't know ( insert famous actress ).

I discovered people actually existing after I dreamt them exactly the same as in reality.
Wake up and study dreams the way they should be studied.
Dreams are not brain creation, they show your life in another universe.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Our lives, and everything in it (rock, trees, time, particles, all of it), means nothing without the CHAOS theory

I would like to leave 2012 to that. Just live my life with love, teach others what I know, and if, IF, something happens, I will be prepared.

If nothing happens, then Life goes on, and something else will happen later.

Life is like that.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
reply to post by MrXYZ

My dear friend, DNA was discovered using drugs, you know, honey???

Did you try drugs? I didn't. And I won't try them. But HOW THE HECK can you debunk the possibility that Mckenna did see something actually existing using drugs?
You never used them!!!! How can you say???? Its like, you are blind, everyone is blind, except Mckenna and you can't debunk the fact he saw colors.
Because you would have no idea what color is!!!! But COLOR IS TRUE!!!! Can't you see it?

Actually, I've tried shrooms...more than once. And the stuff you're saying "color is true" and what McKenna said is exactly what you believe when taking them. You FEEL as if your whole field of experience broadens...but it's nothing but a drug induced illusion. It's what the drugs do, they play tricks on the mind.

And if you check the track record of those people you listed, you'd realize that for every "prophecy" that came true, several didn't. Even a blind chicken finds a piece of corn once in a while

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join