It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish are dyining in masses, everywhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I had heard that some fish were washing ashore, but I had no idea that it was this bad. There are more vids linked in this one's description, and they are worth watching. The scariest thing is that the seagulls aren't feeding on them. I've heard that if the oceans die, we're next, and if the bees go away, we won't have long to live. So, does that mean that the countdown has started on Human kind?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Being at work I cant watch your video with any volume. However smelt die off like that is quite common year in and out on Lake Michigan...where is this, is it supposed to be the gulf?...any links to source material would help address this

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

apparently it's in bolivia buddy. : /

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
bpoilslick.blogspot.com...

second... who cares anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
That's a lot of dead animals, but nothing on what Humans have directly done.
....but I do understand the concern about ecosystem collapse...

I must say though that at c. 16 seconds in he says" in Bolivia they have had six million animals in the ocean die".
However, Bolivia is landlocked and thus doesn't have any ocean...so, if the presenter gets that wrong, what else has he got wrong?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Thanks for the insight into the spoken bits...being landlocked, I would imagine it could have something to do with the recent volcanic activity, supher or some such items levels could be high enough to kick a mass die off.

*Either way, I cant imagin a BP connection here unless theres a rig in that "lake"
(oh and I dont feed trolls
* And i care

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
When the last tree is cut, whan the last river is polluted, when the last fish dies, only then will we realize, we can't eat money. An old indian saying. Things really aren't looking good on planet earth right now. Peace and love to all.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Not like it matters.
I'm a vegatarian. (sarcasm)

OCEAN SPRINGS, Mississippi, U.S., Aug 26, 2010 (IPS) - Another massive fish kill, this time in Louisiana, has alarmed scientists, fishers and environmentalists who believe they are caused by oil and dispersants.

On Aug. 22, St. Bernard Parish authorities reported a huge fish kill at the mouth of the Mississippi River Gulf Outlet.

"By our estimates there were thousands - and I'm talking about 5,000 to 15,000 - dead fish," St. Bernard Parish President Craig Taffaro told reporters. "Different species were found dead, including crabs, sting rays, eel, drum, speckled trout, red fish, you name it, included in that kill."

Source

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Bolivia and Peru share the Titicaca Lake ( the highest lake in the world), it's really big and has lots of fishes. Probably that's the place in the video.

I have friends close to that location, at the peruvian side. I just sent an email asking them about it. If I know something I'll let you know.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

According to the prophecy of the Seventh Generation the Onkwehonwe would see the time when the birds would fall from the sky. The fish would die in the water.

www.2012endofdays.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by warpcrafter

Bolivia and Peru share the Titicaca Lake ( the highest lake in the world), it's really big and has lots of fishes. Probably that's the place in the video.

I have friends close to that location, at the peruvian side. I just sent an email asking them about it. If I know something I'll let you know.

UPDATE : According to one of my friends in that area, NO DEAD FISHES.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I could be mistaken but it was a river in that area where temps had dropped. Fish died, turtles died, even caimans/crocs died. The water just got too cold for them to survive from a very cold snap for the area.

The Mississippi Delta has many "red tides" that involve loss of marine life.

Stuff like this happens all the time, you just never used to hear about it before news went instantaneous via the internet.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Lake Murray, South Carolina has an annual fish die off at the end of the summer. The water gets really hot during the summer the outdoor temperatures are 92 degrees F and more for six months! The fish go deeper to find cooler water in the lake, there is not enough oxygen deeper down to support the fish and they die. This was the hottest summer on record for South Carolina for a long time. It was so hot people did not want to go outside, even after dark. If we all drove and flew less maybe global warming would lessen. Most animals don't want to eat something thats been dead awhile except the turkey buzzards.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I didn't know fish did dining let alone en mass

learn something new everyday

On a deeper note

WE'RE ALL DOOMED

but we've been doomed since the dawn of man so all I have to say is.... Meh

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by Trueman

I could be mistaken but it was a river in that area where temps had dropped. Fish died, turtles died, even caimans/crocs died. The water just got too cold for them to survive from a very cold snap for the area.

The Mississippi Delta has many "red tides" that involve loss of marine life.

Stuff like this happens all the time, you just never used to hear about it before news went instantaneous via the internet.

Well, according to my friends, there are no dead fishes in that area. The initial thought was that the place in the video could be a lake. Lakes in Bolivia and Peru are mostly located in the Andes area. Now I can confirm to you nothing like that happened around there.

Going deeper in my investigation, I analize your video and notice that river looks quiet. Rivers in the Andes are not quiet, they are noisy, no sandy borders and most of them have rapids.

So, it has to be another area. I believe I found your answer. Bolivia has also part of the Amazonian jungle, I had been there and I can tell you without a doubt, weather there is hot and humid all the time. Obviously, amazonian animals and plants are not made for cold weather.

I found an article of the peruvian newspaper "La Republica" (03/08/2010), and they confirm your information. The event took place in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. The goverment estimated 6 million dead fishes and declared "orange alert", due the unusual cold weather wave.

300 kilometers of the rivers Grande, Piraí and Ichilo, located in that tropical region were affected.

www.larepublica.pe...

Here is the link for that info, obviously is in spanish, but it basically says what I wrote here.

Ok, I think we can close this one.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

That's right, there was a thread about it some weeks ago.

Many fish died (and even some people) in some areas of Bolivia because of very cold weather.

new topics

top topics

join