It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John's Brother - John the Baptist - Freemasons, Templars & Leonardo DaVinci

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

There are more historic documents that prove Freemasonry started in England in the 10th century. What is your source of this inaccuracy and who from the English Masons said this?

Scottish Rite was actually started by some York Rite Masons here in America.

reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I have never heard of the phrase "John's Brothers". I do have some old encyclopedias, but they are packed up and I'm away from the area. I'll have to have my mother send me them.

You should research the Royal Order of Scotland. I have various ideas about the Templars and Freemasons. Also, have you ever read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail"?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

There are more historic documents that prove Freemasonry started in England in the 10th century. What is your source of this inaccuracy and who from the English Masons said this?

Those documents alluding to Freemasonry being practiced in the 900's are examples of those "forgeries," as the Zionists like to call them. The authenticity of the Halliwell and Cooke manuscripts have been questioned, and they were only published in the 1800's.
Take a look in Mackey's Encyclopedia.
www.themasonictrowel.com...

Scottish Rite was actually started by some York Rite Masons here in America.

According to Mackey's Encyclopedia, the degrees derive from the Rite of Perfection which was developed by French Jesuits and imported to America by a French Jew.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

John the Baptist Remains Found in Bulgaria!
August 04, 2010 03:47 PM EDT
views: 6559 | comments: 1

The remains of John the Baptist have been found in Bulgaria on Sveti Ivan Island. The island is located in the southern Black Sea. Archaeologists are excited about finding the bones of John the Baptist.

Five years ago, researchers in Iran found his remains. However, archaeologists are convinced that these body parts in Bulgaria are his true remains. Archaeologists are planning to continue to run more tests in order to definitely verify the remains of John the Baptist.

They located part of the jaw, a tooth, and also part of an arm. The bones were located in an ancient monastery, inside an altar. It must have been tremendously exciting to make this discovery.

The chief archaeologist opened the remains of John the Baptist with “great ceremony,” according to BBC News. Then a local Bishop blessed his remains.

John the Baptist is typically honored by Christians or those persons in the Eastern Orthodox church. He taught about Jesus Christ as the coming messiah to the people, and then he baptized him. He was then beheaded by King Herrod.

It must have been incredibly exciting for the archaeologist who located his body parts in the altar. The researchers who discovered the bonesof John the Baptist are probably not particularly happy about this discovery. It will be fascinating to see if these bones are truly authenticated.

Here is a video link to the BBC News story on John the Baptist and his remains!

© Bella Rose: July 2010

A scene where John the Baptist was beheaded by Herrod...

Source

news.gather.com...

edit on 19/1/2012 by Sauron because: - internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigurd

I expect them to be as fake as most medieval relics were, being mainly a way of taking money off the dumb and inspiring awe and devotion.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
The authenticity of the Halliwell and Cooke manuscripts have been questioned, and they were only published in the 1800's.

Except it was found in the 14th century.

According to Mackey's Encyclopedia, the degrees derive from the Rite of Perfection which was developed by French Jesuits and imported to America by a French Jew.

Fact remains the AASR, the official body, wasa founded by York Rite Masons. That is fact.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
According to my Merovingian training
John was driven from Jerusalem at a young age
Remember how all the babies 2 years and younger
were slaughtered. Someone in the community knew
that baby John was still alive, and being son of a
high priest was not a coincidence. There were a lot
of jealous women there who were bitter about what
had transpired. Just before he was seven John was
bullied out of town and grew up as a feral child.

Later when a new generation grew up John was like
the boggie man, a ghost, the memory of slain child-
ren. But like all children do, the new generation out-
grew the restrictions of their parents, and when he
turned out to be groovy and fun everyone went
swimming.

If not for this decoy Iesous would never have been
able to have a normal childhood. Let alone figure
out how to be a man on his own. John is the quest-
ion 'who is the sacrifice for the sacrifice.' John took
the heat and the abandonment that we treat our
fathers' word with. This allowed Iesous to grow until
he was ready.

The whole time John was in prison
they thought they had
the one.

Tragic story really.
The past is a
brutal and
bloody
place.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I found this quote from Jesus talking about John. What i would really like to know is what is the correct translation.

bible.cc...

New Living Translation (©2007)
I tell you, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John. Yet even the least person in the Kingdom of God is greater than he is!"

New International Version (©1984)
I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he."

Most translations have it describing John as "among those born of women" while a few say "of all who have ever lived". The question is did later authors want to cover something up by adding "born of women" over "all who ever lived". In the more common version it is clarifying by stating that Jesus was better than John because Jesus is the best man period, while John comes in second only because he was born by man.

I have never read the bible but i hear there are great things about John the Baptist in the bible. If anyone can clearly spell out John and Jesus' relationship from the bible that would be great. Also did the dead sea scrolls ever mention John?

edit on 19/1/2012 by Sauron because: - included ex tags

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Best Masonic Thread I have ever seen! I have read up through the middle of page 3 and I have to go for now, but i will return!

I am a fairly new Mason, but I am confused by RockPucks stance that we are entirely separate from the Stone Guild Masons. It is a convenient allegorical connection, but the degree work is more literal and direct than just a convenient structure to build off of. The way we organize ourselves, wear our aprons, and conduct our business is centered around operative Masons from the Temple. Why would you claim they were completely unconnected? Honest question, not questioning your accuracy, it is just a lot different than I have been taught.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

There is much fog around the history of our Craft. Its something of great debate in many circles.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Thou, O God! knowest our down-sitting and our uprising, and understandest our thoughts afar off. Shield and defend us from the evil intentions of our enemies, and support us under the trials and afflictions we are destined to endure, while travelling through this vale of tears. Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble. He cometh forth as a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not. Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee; thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass; turn from him that he may rest, till he shall accomplish his day. For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will

sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. But man dieth and wasteth away; yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he? As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up, so man lieth down, and riseth not up till the heavens shall be no more. Yet, O Lord! have compassion on the children of thy creation, administer them comfort in time of trouble, and save them with an everlasting salvation. Amen.

source

please forgive the source. I was having trouble finding this somewhere else. this is a masonic prayer given during the third degree. It is in print elsewhere so I think it's OK to post. this is in reference to your above post. I hope it helps.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Those documents alluding to Freemasonry being practiced in the 900's are examples of those "forgeries," as the Zionists like to call them. The authenticity of the Halliwell and Cooke manuscripts have been questioned, and they were only published in the 1800's.

They were discovered in the British Museum at that point as Masonic documents. Previously, their connection to Masonry had been disregarded. Their authenticity is not in question.

Mackey's writings on this subject were incorrect, and were later corrected by other Masonic encyclopedists, most notably Henry W. Coil and A.E. Waite. Mackey erroneously confused the Clermont Chapter of Rose Croix with the Jesuit Clermont Chapter. Furthermore, Morin was not a "Jew".

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
John the Baptist! I am visiting my father for the holidays and he has Morals and Dogma by Albert Pike. I wanted to provide this paragraph regarding John and the Templars:

"The secret thought of Hugues de Payens, in founding his Order, was not exactly to serve the ambition of the Patriarchs of Constantinople. There existed at that period in the East a Sect of Johannite Christians, who claimed to be the only true Initiates into the real mysteries of the religion of the Saviour. They pretended to know the real history of YESUS the ANOINTED, and, adopting in part the Jewish traditions and the tales of the Talmud, they held that the facts recounted in the Evangels are but allegories, the key of which Saint John gives, in saying that the world might be filled with the books that could be written upon the words and deeds of Jesus Christ; words which, they thought, would be only a ridiculous exaggeration, if he were not speaking of an allegory and a legend, that might be varied and prolonged to infinity.

"The Johannites ascribed to Saint John the foundation of their Secret Church, and the Grand Pontiffs of the Sect assumed the title of Christos, Anointed, or Consecrated, and claimed to have succeeded one another from Saint John by an uninterrupted succession of pontifical powers. He who, at the period of the foundation of the Order of the Temple, claimed these imaginary prerogatives, was named THEOCLET; he knew HUGUES DE PAYENS, he initiated him into the Mysteries and hopes of his pretended church, he seduced him by the notions of Sovereign Priesthood and Supreme royalty, and finally designated him as his successor.

"Thus the Order of Knights of the Temple was at its very origin devoted to the cause of opposition to the tiara of Rome and the crowns of Kings, and the Apostolate of Kabalistic Gnosticism was vested in its chiefs. For Saint John himself was the Father of the Gnostics, and the current translation of his polemic against the heretical of his Sect and the pagans who denied that Christ was the Word, is throughout a misrepresentation, or misunderstanding at least, of the whole Spirit of that Evangel.

www.themasonictrowel.com...

What do you guys think of this?

I also would love more discussion on "John's Brothers", the original name of the Freemasons in France. The deeper i dig, the more i am becoming convinced that Freemasons are almost 100% connected with the Templars, especially through the Southern France region. Freemasonry was probably heavily influenced by France (and scotland, where the Templars escaped too) and the first Templars are all from southern France. Add the story that Mary Magdalene could have come over to Southern France with Jesus' baby and you have quite the connections, i would say so myself. Merovingians and the Septimania could be the keys to the missing history.

edit on 19/1/2012 by Sauron because: - internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
You could be right. I've always been fascinated with King Dagobert II. Wasn't it two years after his murder, he was canonized a saint? Supposedly, he was the last priest king from a royal lineage. When the long, red-haired kings came of age, they were not appointed, but already kings.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
John the Baptist - it makes sense that Masonic lodges are dedicated to him. If you trace John the Baptist properly and thoroughly, you will find out why. Hint: Hermes

The Christmind is an Empty Buddha bowl first filled with Hermes and the three Magi are the three Wise Men from the Orient, Lao Tzu, Confuscius and Sidartha.

John the Baptist as Hermes, things that make ya go hmmm..

A knowedgeable Freemason once told me, that the Book of John was originally written for a Masonic Lodge... could that be true?

I think there's a code for human transformation contained in the book of John! I've heard this. The ordering and the structure contains the secret.

Gee, I am starting to feel like I'm Tom Hanks in the Davinchi Code!

edit on 2-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2
You could be right. I've always been fascinated with King Dagobert II. Wasn't it two years after his murder, he was canonized a saint? Supposedly, he was the last priest king from a royal lineage. When the long, red-haired kings came of age, they were not appointed, but already kings.

I need to look more into Dagobert II. I wonder if there is a connection between the merovingians, the Rosslyn Chapel and bees. I think that one of the merovingian kings used bees to represent himself and in his tomb there were 300 golden bees inside. I know that the Templars built Bee Hives in Rosslyn Chapel, hidden for 600 years until recently.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I believe there is a connection. Dagobert II was married in Rossylin Chapel the first time, I believe, and the secret(whatever that is) lies with him? I'll have to go back and read.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Yesyesyes!
You've got your thinking hat on, I see

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Hi,
If you liked the Bloodline movie you are really going to like Ben Hammott's book Lost Tomb of the Knights Templar - more info on his website www.benhammott.com...
I must admit I really enjoyed the book, it is very funny in places and written in a style that draws you in gives the impression you are on his journey with him. It also makes clear what really happened and when. In Bloodline it seems Hammott found everything in a very short space of time, when in fact it happened over many years.
So, if you are at all interested in this subject, or just like a good enjoyable read, you won't go wrong by reading Hammott's book. There are also some preview chapters to read on his website.
As for the Tomb he found, he is in talk with the French DRAC to get permission for an excavation, seems to me the French are not to keen for it to go ahead at the moment. Perhaps because it was found by an Englishman or because of the possible sensitive nature of the person inside. Ed

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

Dagobert II lived in the 7th century and the Roslyn Chapel wasn't built until the mid-15th century.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
I found this quote from Jesus talking about John. What i would really like to know is what is the correct translation.

bible.cc...

New Living Translation (©2007)
I tell you, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John. Yet even the least person in the Kingdom of God is greater than he is!"

New International Version (©1984)
I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he."

The greek says "ἐν en γεννητός gennētos γυνή gynē" "ἐν γεννητός γυνή" ....by begotten (of) a female.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join