It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Seen Free-Mason Oriented Comedy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is as much a question as it is a personal observation..

I can't recall ever seeing a satirical or any kind of comedic media of any kind in criticism of or in reference to the Free Masons. Such as some of the humor we use critiquing our presidents and other well known people. I cannot think of a cartoon, comic or joke being transpired anywhere with relation to the Free Mason society!

I'd like everyone to get a chance to participate in this thread, so although the Free Masons are pretty well known to everyone, just in case you don't know anything about them.. some relevant links

So anyways, if you humor the idea that perhaps the Free Masons are indeed a secret society that has controlled humanity since it's origins ( or at least for a long long long time ) Well it would make sense they would find ways to decrease or eliminate all scrunity of themselves.

I suppose this could make sense, just to keep them out of everyones minds. The more out of mind they are, the more secret their control over us would be kept. And also, too many minds harboring those thoughts might indeed make those thoughts come to fruition.

Just some thoughts i've had breifly, would like to hear other opinions or if you have seen any kind of Free Mason critical comedy

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I guess that not many people are aware of them, or understand how they work. The masons seem to be open to all types of stories and mention, since they didn't take much offense to the book "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown.

edit spelling.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by NeutronAvenger]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yes, I have.
A sketch in a television show, by the British comedians Hale and Pace.

It was a parody of an initiation ceremony.
Without going into too much detail, I do remember that the punchline was;

"These two bricks of solid mortar
Will teach you not to (monosyllable) my daughter".

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Somebody will post theMonty Python links soon. Hilarious !

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Monty Python The Freemason Artichect Sketch!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
them being confused for the "illuminati" is one of them.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
They're called the 'stone cutters' but it's obvious those are masons being depicted.

I believe the creator of the simpsons, like alot of other animators and cartoonist, is a freemason.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Jay Electronica]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

well the illuminati did hijack freemasonry so it's not so far-fetched to get them confused.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Oh my god that is funny! I've not seen that episode! thank you so much for sharing that.

BTW,

My "Brothers" and I will be over to visit you because of this horrible injustice. If you would be so kind as to leave the door unlocked and some cookies on the table. Revenge makes us a bit famished.

*SATIRE* *SATIRE* *SATIRE* *SATIRE* *SATIRE* *SATIRE* *SATIRE*

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay Electronica
reply to post by platipus

well the illuminati did hijack freemasonry so it's not so far-fetched to get them confused.

I'm a Master Mason and I cant ever remember being invited to any of the illuminati meetings. Darn it. I even made up a new hand shake!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock

Monty Python The Freemason Artichect Sketch!

lol that last skit was pretty funny

Though, that being said, parady, especially when the parody is created for those ignorant of the real nature of something, especially something they imagine to be trumped up as conspiracy, creates a flippant and disinterested attitutde in the aforementioned ignorant viewer.

Thats the effect of parady. We see this all the tiem today in the simpsons, futurama, Family guy, south park etc. This is obviously a psychologically effective method. Instead of becoming intellectually curious, the opposite response is provoked; that of apathy and disinterest. The like creates the like

I dont see how anyone could deny that satire, even if it does make mention of the subject that otherwise shouldnt be mentioned, is often even more effective than ignoring the subject all together. The simpson also recently did a parady of freemasonry (with mr burns as a freemason)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Oh my god that is funny! I've not seen that episode! thank you so much for sharing that.

BTW,

My "Brothers" and I will be over to visit you because of this horrible injustice. If you would be so kind as to leave the door unlocked and some cookies on the table. Revenge makes us a bit famished.

*SATIRE* *SATIRE* *SATIRE* *SATIRE* *SATIRE* *SATIRE* *SATIRE*

Thats an interesting avatar you have there.

Looks like a knight, bent over an alter, worshipping the proverbial 'black sun', the type worshipped by the 'teutonic' nazis, whom you apparently defend, at the North Tower of Wewelsburg Castle...

Hmmmm. Yes, you might be different from many of the masons here. Have you read Jungs essay "wotan"?

[edit on 2-9-2010 by dontreally]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
Ever Seen Free-Mason Oriented Comedy

No, but I do have a Youtube video of Networkdude trying to program his microwave clock. It is always '12:00, 12:00, 12:00' at his house.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ever Seen Free-Mason Oriented Comedy?

Does the life of George W. Bush count?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Does the life of George W. Bush count?
Considering he wasn't a Mason? No. It doesn't.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

hahahaha i had never seen that, thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
No, but I do have a Youtube video of Networkdude trying to program his microwave clock. It is always '12:00, 12:00, 12:00' at his house.
WM: Brother Junior Warden, what is the hour?
JW: Blinky twelve, Worshipful Master...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

There's also a Masonic/UFO comic strip that was fairly fun... Bugsport

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

At least once a day a Brother posts at least one Masonic joke on my facebook page .. it's not that hard to come by.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
A fair argument could be made tat "National Treasure" would qualify under the terms of the OP

But that's just me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join