It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

''Stem-cell work thrown into limbo''

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

In Washington DC, a district-court judge had put a temporary stop on government funding for research involving human embryonic stem cells, pending resolution of a suit that is seeking to make the hold permanent
(article)

This is truly the worst news of the month. Stem cell research, can help us in so many ways. It makes you wonder, the true motives, for wanting it stopped.

I can understand that people think, it is wrong to use embryonic stem cell's, but the benefits, far outweigh the moral implications. There are three types of stem cell's, but only embryonic stem cell's can be manipulated, and grown into any type of cell, contained in a human body. They are also prime candidates for drug and medical testing, potentially eradicating the need for animal testing.

Information about embryonic stem cell's and their benefits

I'm sorry, but I'm all for this research, purely because of it's benefits. How can they say it's morally wrong, when in some states a woman can have an abortion after 24 weeks of gestation !

The baby in the following video was born after 26 weeks gestation.

This baby, is only 2 weeks, older than fetuses that are being aborted in the US!!

A normal gestation period for an abortion is 14 weeks. This is what a 14 week gestation looks like;

Now you tell me where the moral implications lie ?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
god i love modern teck its things like this taht make me glad we evolved .
for once a happy never ending .
as for stem cell resurch emboritic cells are not the only ones that can be used any more and if the cell can be used to make any cell then creat more embrotic cells from one could come a billion then you dont need any more from a human .
and no way im spell checking that lol

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Your missing the point that the problem is not cultivating them, it's using them in the first place. And yes there are other cell's that can be used, but embryonic cell's are the only ones that can replicate any cell in a human body.

And your lack of spell check is expected, considering your lack of contribution

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

Thats completely ignorant.

www.usatoday.com...

I just recently seen something to do with a major goverment grant given out for an outdated form of stem cell research in-which the embryo's are killed, thats the type & what fryed the right to life groups fish regarding it all in the first place. "NOW THIS ?"

The better part of CANCER research is complete & total fraud, yet...
if allowed, it will continue until rapture. Ditto for private sector H.I.V. research as well. Why ? Because "BiG PharmA" is large & in-charge of it all, thats why.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
well don't expect much with a attitude like yours .
you put in a video and two lines then say I didnt put in much ? lol call the kettle black are you?

top topics

join