It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please STOP using the "Aliens --> Humans / Humans --> Ants" Analogy - it's weak!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You hear it all the time: Any lifeform capable of reaching us must be far more evolved than we are. If a mothership really is set to touch down, why on god's green earth would they want to help such a violent and primitive species as ourselves?

But you have to remember. The Klingons, Romulans, Feringi, and Borg are right up our alley in behavioral characteristics. Even as we speak we are engaged in transhumanism genetic tampering with humans>Sound familar?

As Kirk said when he was trapped down in that dead moon with the Genesis Project

" Kaaaaahhhhhhhhn........KAAAAAHHHHHnnn"

Supposedly that was a no no to post that video of Kirk yelling at Kahhhn.

I cant seem to understand that if it is viewable on youtube and ats has a feature to post content from youtube. Where am I in violation? Oh wait...this proves what I just said about the human pecking order in relations to Klingon, Borg, Romulan, and Feringi social characteristics.

I better throw in the Gorn for the Draconian aspect of the copyright violation I just got from Road Runner

[edit on 3-9-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
My dear friend,

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
Any lifeform capable of reaching us must be far more evolved than we are.

Whats to say they are not. With there being STRONG evidence of UFO's been spotting by the MANY, with others claiming their space craft can travel to near the speed of light. To have such a technology as this would have to be, at the very least, alot more advanced than us. I could also indlude people who have claimed to channel with ET's and have information given to them that far exceeds their spacecraft. Their care many cases out there which im sure you've seen presented here on ATS and indeed the internet as a whole.

If a mothership really is set to touch down, why on god's green earth would they want to help such a violent and primitive species as ourselves?

As some believe, through black Op's and indeed meditation/channling, they are in a position to help us grow spiritually> This is only a fw reasons why they would want to help us. Negative VRS Positive.

That would be tantamount to suggesting that I help the ants in the backyard ant mound. Would I really take time out to help them advance?

Not even close to the same thing. Depending on how advanced you are and if your in tune and indeed in love with ALL that you seek to cherish, why wouldnt you?

Are scientist not already doing this labs? I believe so!

I'd be more inclined to kill them.

This, my friend, is the very reason why you dont and wont understand spiritualism. Why kill them? They have every reason to live a life just like us. Their are people out there that feel the same way, and know fine well that ET's are the same loving and caring species as us. We have are difficulties here on Earth, by a selelct few, I agree, but if we were to be wiped out by them then we would have been long ago.

There are good and bad forces at work here, to see that you choose the negative is sadening , to say the least.

To suggest that an advanced lifeform is somehow invested in our positive progression as a species is a little silly, IMO.

Of course, your entitled to you opinion, as are others who believe the opposite.

Care to elaborate on suggesting " advanced lifeform is somehow invested in our positive progression as a species is a little silly " ?

It would be a waste of time on their part.

Why do you say that, please elaborate!

It would be far more likely that they'd travel here to either eliminate us or use us for their purposes.

Eliminate us? No, as per my above ^

Ants are doing the same thing today, that they were 10 minutes ago, that they were 10 hours ago, 10 days ago, 10 weeks ago, years ago, thousands of years ago... see?

Erm, no. They havent been getting help in advancment, as you speak of in this post. Their has been no help in helping them advance, other than lab experiments. We are not advanced enough to " take time out " and help them advance, as a species. In addition to this, are they evolved enough to be ecceptable for intervention, help and advancement?

Your senerio doesnt fit with your thinking here!

I would tend to think that an advanced civ. looking down at us would be quite impressed.

Indeed they would be. They would see the positive on the planet and guide help them advance, and at the same time, help those that choose th path of the negative!

And finally, if you subscribe to the ancient astronaut theory (which I do, it makes more sense than evolution or creation, imho), then we'll be a LOT closer to them than ants to us, because, you know what?! They likely ARE us. And, they do have some vested interest in how we progress.

My dear friend, you have just contradicted everything you have said above.

You believe in the ancient astonaunt theory

We will be alot closer to them, making them want to help us more

They have some vested interest in us

This puts them in a better position to help us advance. We are all on a journey of ONENESS, one in which the ET's very much are in tune with.

What a bunch of lemmings - commenting/rating something they don't even understand the connection (or lack of) - what has this place turned into?!

This place has turned into, and always has been, a place to express the freedom of speach......obviously within reason.

To call someone a lemming/name calling, is very negative indeed. Infact your whole rant has been a negative rollercoaster.

Who are you to say people dont understand the connection?

My dear friend, please take my post of one of positivity in which to present you with an alternative view point. Everyone is entitled to there own opinions, beliefs and has every right, like every other member and staff on here, to make/start discussions on something they believe so strong and take advantage of the freedom of speach. We all having something to say, things on our minds, and thing we find on the internet.

Thier are so many subject here on ATS, why not let people get on with doing what they choose instead of name name calling, undermining them and attacking them with negativity just because they believe in something.

You are not the judge, please remember that my friend

Be safe and be well,

Spiro

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Spiro]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this thread proves the ant analogy....we are a lower species
2nd line

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My quick opinion.

Even if an Alien species is vastly superior to us in intelligence, life, as far as we can tell at the moment, is still very rare, and even the most 'lowest kind of life form' found on a separate planet in space, would still be held at great regard by any alien species.

And even if life was far more widespread than we can imagine, our life would still be something of at least some interest. At least keeping us in record.

Kind regards

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Hitotsumami]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami
My quick opinion.

Even if an Alien species is vastly superior to us in intelligence, life, as far as we can tell at the moment, is still very rare, and even the most 'lowest kind of life form' found on a separate planet in space, would still be held at great regard by any alien species.

And even if life was far more widespread than we can imagine, our life would still be something of at least some interest. At least keeping us in record.

Kind regards

No, the lowest kind of life form found on a seperate planet in space would be held in high regard by US HUMANS.

If you can travel between star systems at the speed of light, and the galaxy is full of life, I highly doubt we'd be of any interest, considering we've only been to our moon.

It's like us being interested in primitive cultures here on earth, there are a few of us that are, but the majority just aren't interested in it.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Ants are doing the same thing today, that they were 10 minutes ago, that they were 10 hours ago, 10 days ago, 10 weeks ago, years ago, thousands of years ago... see?

And we aren't? We still worship the same primitive dieties, still are superstitious and fearful of the unknown, still deeply divided through fear of entrenched differences, still jealous and vengeful, still prone to solve problems through violence, and still proclaim what is moral through dominance.

Yes we can make a quicker better slice of toast now than we could then, but emotionally and spiritually the human race is probably evolving slower than the ants.

Besides I think termites would be a better annology, much more parasitical and like us they can fly too!

They just don't need to go through a gestapo sounding Home Land Security screening process to do it.

In fact we might be the least evolved species on the planet!

Who knows maybe the space aliens are coming to the planet to observe ants, or does everything have to be about 'us'.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by Hitotsumami
My quick opinion.

Kind regards

No, the lowest kind of life form found on a seperate planet in space would be held in high regard by US HUMANS.

If you can travel between star systems at the speed of light, and the galaxy is full of life, I highly doubt we'd be of any interest, considering we've only been to our moon.

It's like us being interested in primitive cultures here on earth, there are a few of us that are, but the majority just aren't interested in it.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by hippomchippo]

Thanks for the reply! I would like to respond.

I do not quite understand how any other species gaining intelligence and the ability to find life on other planets would not hold other life in high regard. As far as I understand, the rarity of something is one thing that determines value, and I can't see a reason why this wouldn't universally be agreed upon.

Of course, this assumes that life is rare.

Also, there is a difference between being interested in primitive cultures on earth and being interested with primitive cultures in the universe. The main difference is that it is life that formed OUTSIDE our own planet. It would be very important to learn more about it, and it would give us a better insight on our universe.

Also, I gave a scenario of if life was very plentiful and might not be particularly interested to a very intelligent species. Even if this turns out to be the case, if anything, that species would still visit and keep us in some kind of record or log book, similar to how we do with other species.

However, I don't think we would be treated the same way we treat animals on earth. The main reason is our intelligence. We can learn vastly new things and comprehend our reality much farther away than what any other animal can. I would imagine any Alien of high intelligence would want to spread this wealth of knowledge with any species that has the ability to learn, and we fall into that category.

Therefore, I think that all kinds of laugh found outside ones own planet, to any kind of species in the universe, based on rarity makes value or intelligence equals value, or even just as a record keeping, would be of very high interest.

Kind regards

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
www.ufo-blogger.com... 8UFO-Blogger+Uncover+The+UFO+Truth%29

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A normal ant to a human = not very interesting.
An ant from another planet to a human = extremely interesting.

Grasp that and you may understand why a more highly-evolved lifeform may have some interest in us humants.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We wouldn't just be ants, we would be ants with a massive amount of unwarranted self importance.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Talking about self importance, Michio Kaku is full of this.

He said something like, "For other species to visit earth they must be immeasurably more intelligent than us"

Why? Because we cant go to them?

I thought in his position he would be able to think theoretically.

What if they had a mineral on their planet which allowed them to defy gravity, like wood allowed us to float on water. And a rock when burned created a huge output of propultion, and metals so smooth they had no friction and areas of the planet where there was no gravity so as to build huge ships.

Surely there could be any number of things that they cant do, perhaps they are dying because they dont understand medicine or radiation. Just because they could supposedly travel in space doesnt necessarily make aliens any more knowledgeble than us on other subjects.

Do we know how a Salmon in the whole of the worlds oceans finds its way back to the same spot it was born, when I get lost and use a GPS, does that make the Salmon clever? Some with Pigeons, whales etc.

Our journey to GPS was magnets and stars to compass, maps, rockets then GPS, its taken us all that to do what a salmon or pigeon can already do, doesnt make them comparible to our intelligence.

He has done that a few time has Kaku, cleverly smirking about a technology called fusion which hasnt been invented yet. Well I have a power called Frictopotasium, its 10 times more impressive and powerful than your fusion Im sure, its clean it has no by product and can reverse cancer, cure aids and altzimers and produces enough energy to eat solving the world foot shortage, the only problem is its not been invented yet.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Read Dean Koontz's "The Taking".

Gives new meaning to alien invasion.............I'm on page 100.

Don't want to say anything because it would be a spoiler. Amazing stuff.

You can get a cheap copy (used) for under $5.00.

Signing off.............I'll be up the rest of the night reading this.

Good night ATS.

And yes, we humans could be as insignificant as ants, nothing more than a pest.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
A normal ant to a human = not very interesting.
An ant from another planet to a human = extremely interesting.

Grasp that and you may understand why a more highly-evolved lifeform may have some interest in us humants.

Again, an assumption that life is rare in the galactic backyard as we know it. To US, just now, sure.. even microbes not on our planet would be an amazing find. But one day, we may find that life is SO prolific, unless we find something truly amazing, something as common as "life" somewhere else will not dazzle us at all.

For all we know, alien species 209xalpha told their scouts to "go keep an eye on that primitive species in that tiny star system - we don't care what happens to them, but they are starting to hit space a bit, and they are warlike yet."

And even that is terribly simplistic. Their motivations and reasoning may well be more "alien" to us than we could possibly fathom. To assume we'd really have a good idea why they would be here at all is somewhat laughable. Or that they would care, or be interested whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

So, here's the funny thing, though...

The reason why aliens would find an interest in us, and NOT be hostile to us as Hawking and other theoretical physicists have feared, is because they ARE us - as I kind of alluded to in the OP.

Most people acknowledge that if life exists here, it probably does elsewhere in the universe (yes, even Catholics & Christians, now) - but most scientists agree that it is highly improbable that we would ever make contact with such life simply because the vastness between us and another communicable civilization, and the unlikelihood that we would even be detected as we've only been emitting radio waves for such a short time (relatively speaking) that the odds of another intelligent lifeform detecting us would be astronomically (pun intended) small.

Unless...

Ancient Astronaut theory is correct, the aliens already know where we are, 'cause they seeded us here to begin with. This seems the most plausible situation, given other unexplanable occurrences on this planet: Cambrian Explosion, lack of fossil evidence for evolution, the fact that most religions speak of fantastic events and 'gods' that could easily be explained away by advance civilization visitation.

And, this goes back to my other theories, linked below, about how all other (major) CTs discussed here...support and/or provide evidence for either or both of the following:

1) The existence of advanced civilizations and either the preventing of, or the preparing for, Disclosure.

- and/or -

2) The fact that the world does 'reset' itself, periodically - thru (historically / scientifically verifiable) global cataclysm - and, we are on the precipice of such a reset, currently.

[Ooh, this belongs in another thread, too]

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
the best way to describe it in my opinion is to take a murder scene investigator from the 1800's and have him solve a murder case in the 21rst century that would only be solved by forensics!

its not gonna happen!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join