It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Cusack vs. Fox News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

An angry tweet by actor John Cusack against Fox News and its coverage of the lower Manhattan Islamic center controversey is being blown up by Fox in its own coverage of the incident, with claims it could incite violence and amounts to a threat.

A FoxNews.com web story on the incident stated:

Actor John Cusack went on a caustic Twitter rampage Sunday evening, attacking former House Majority Leader Dick Armey, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Fox News.

"I AM FOR A SATANIC DEATH CULT CENTER AT FOX NEWS HQ AND OUTSIDE THE OFFICES ORDICK ARMEYAND NEWT GINGRICH-and all the GOP WELFARE FREAKS," Cusack tweeted.

Full story can be found here.

As most of us may or may not know, Cusack supports the idea of a mosque close to Ground Zero. While most of us may not agree with the him on this topic, it is his right to speak freely about what he thinks about the way this is being handled by the networks. Not only are the networks blowing this way out of proportion, so are some in power in Washington. Not to mention a few political commentators, i.e. Rush, Hannity, Glenn Beck, are spreading the Islamophobia across the nation. Doing this by saying that if the mosque is to be built, that it could bring about violence.

However, there are two simple things that Fox News and the Republofacists are neglecting to realize. One, the proposed contruction site of the mosque would be at least three to four blocks away from where Ground Zero is located. Two, there is already another mosque in that same general area. Yet you don't hear anyone whining and groaning about the mosque that had been built years before.

The original article, which can be found here, also goes on to say that acts of violence could be incited by what Cusack has said. Acts of violence occurring just because a famous actor supports the construction of a mosque. Okay, so he is speaking out for the mosque, which he has a right to do that under the Constitution. I only have one question pertaining to this and the supposed "fair and balanced" journalism that Fox News is supposed to portray.

Has Fox News ever really looked at some of their own reporting and how it would incite violence? In my honest opinion, no they have not nor will they ever look. Besides, who said that people at Fox News are real journalists anyway? Whoever said that needs to be examined by a psychologist.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Right, what John Cusack has to say will incite violence but the islamophobia that is preached daily by Palin, Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, Cunningham, O'Reilly and Fox News aren't guilty of inciting anything. That's just free speech when they do it. What a set of double standards. You know, John Stewart really has Fox News pinned for what they are.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I agree that it is a set of double standards, and it needs to be stopped. My theory about this is that Fox News is singling him out just because he, like most of Hollywood, did not do "the right thing" and support McCain and Palin in 2008. This is just giving Fox News a reason to single him out, and only him, because he didn't vote the way that they wanted him to.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I tend not to invest too much time in people who pretend to be other people for a living for my political advice.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The biggest mistake in this whole situation is this...

... John Cusack mistakingly thinking that he is significant.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

wtf? can you please explain to me what ordick armenyand means? i am lost..and that other 'mumbo jumbo'. i appear to be suhlow (slow). satanic what??

thank you for your continued patience??

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog

wtf? can you please explain to me what ordick armenyand means? i am lost..and that other 'mumbo jumbo'. i appear to be suhlow (slow). satanic what??

How high was this moron anyway that he typed THAT into twitter? Mumble Mumble Garble Garble Gook!

Hey John C, just one quote for you...

"Me fail English?!? That's UN-POSSIBLE!!!" - Ralph Wiggum

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
"Twitter rampage"
Fox news, where integrity goes to die.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock

I'm sure he'll read that and cry while sitting in his $2000 dollar chair in his 2 million dollar home.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog

Pretty sure he is referring to: Dick Armey

www.sourcewatch.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
He is referring to Richard Armey, former House Majority Leader, of the United States Senate. He is also referring to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who is also a Fox News contributor. As for the death cult, I believe he is suggesting this because of all of the fear mongering that has been going on at Fox News for years.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
He is referring to Richard Armey, former House Majority Leader, of the United States Senate. He is also referring to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who is also a Fox News contributor. As for the death cult, I believe he is suggesting this because of all of the fear mongering that has been going on at Fox News for years.

And the preceding question to this was regarding the Muslim Cultural Activity center to be built in New York. Which is being left out entirely.

John Cusack was raised by parents who were political activists. He has always spoken his mind.

Because he mentions FOX - - is probably the only reason this time the media is making a circus out of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Two, there is already another mosque in that same general area. Yet you don't hear anyone whining and groaning about the mosque that had been built years before.

Probably because it was built there years before.

And big deal about John Cusack. He's just pissed off that "Hot Tub Time Machine" didn't do too well at the box office.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
And by the way:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The search function is our friend.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yes - there is another current thread on the same subject.

Cusack's current role is that of Edgar Allan Poe - in The Raven

I don't think he's that concerned about his last movie - - - he is a "working" actor who has a very lengthy and diverse movie resume

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Indeed. i wish hollywood folks would shut their yaps, nobody cares what these loons have to say. Go work on important things John, like putting out another meatball flick or better yet another craptacular middle aged guy in crisis so called movie.

brill

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
He really is a ProductManufacturedBySummer'sEve - Bag.

Maybe he could stand outside of Fox studios wearing a black trentchcoat holding an overly large boombox over his head and play a peter gabriel song. Or he could just jump off a bridge... I will take what is behind door number 2!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
John Cusack is a freaking nutball!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The only reason that the Fox Noise Channel paid any attention to this was because he basically tore Rupert Murdoch, and his NewsCorp partners in crime, a new rear end. Would be even better to see Fox News go further down the drain than where they are at now. I mean, after all, they are loosing sponsors left and right.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Indeed. i wish hollywood folks would shut their yaps, nobody cares what these loons have to say. Go work on important things John, like putting out another meatball flick or better yet another craptacular middle aged guy in crisis so called movie.

brill

The same could be said of anyone on this forum, yet we are still here, debating your words.

And I care about the opinions of other.... well, most of them, at least.

And, by the way, who are you to castigate anyone for using their right to free speech when yours is misused to infringe on his?

Some folks....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join