It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another far left Nut gone POSTAL

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by ANOK

Don't forget, started his own commune, free love.

Definitely left wing.

So what? Manson was Manson, left right, or other, he was a nut-job and it's ridiculous to discredit people because of the actions of one, or more, nut jobs.

Do you want me to mention Hitler, Mussolini, Franco? All right wing nut jobs.

What came first the left? The right? Or nut-jobs? Are right wing 'Christians' who shot abortion doctors perfectly sane and normal individuals?

This is just another lame attempt at 'my side is better than your side'.
Don't people even bother thinking anymore? Just pick a side and support it like the local football team? No need to know anything about it as long as we're scoring goals.

Left wing, right wing, labels to stereotype you.
Have you read the thread???

I called the ding-dong that the OP relates to an eco-terrorist, which he is.

Along comes a crew of super ding-dongs that can't admit that he is just that, a leftie.

One of them decided to post a list of right-wing whackos, then ASKED FOR examples of lefties that have committed murder.

Manson was one of those that I provided for him, after he ASKED for it.

Then numerous posters wanted to vehemently deny that Manson was a hippie, which is absolutely preposterous. I tried to show that he was just that, a hippie, with history on MY side.

Then we had someone dare to say that hippies are all about 'peace and love', so I couldn't possibly be correct. So I provided the Ira Einhorn example. Pure and complete hippie guru, and also a cold-blooded murderer.

Now you come along and want to blame me for the whole mess?

Typical.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Manson was a sociopath who harvested a hippie persona because he knew that some members of the drug culture would be easily manipulated. He was a predator who sought the easiest prey.

A wolf in sheeps clothing is not a sheep.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Manson was a sociopath who harvested a hippie persona because he knew that some members of the drug culture would be easily manipulated. He was a predator who sought the easiest prey.

A wolf in sheeps clothing is not a sheep.

No, he was a hippie. A psychotic hippie, that is.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Same for Ira Einhorn?

Manson sure did play the part. You know, Haight-Ashbury, living in a commune, being a guru to his flock. Seems like an easy way out, saying that someone isn't a hippie because they did something that doesn't fit with the hippie 'standard'.

There is another group of pacifists, this one more conservative in nature, that have murderers in their ranks, the Amish. Read what a 'pacifist' this guy was, then tell me he really wasn't Amish.

It doesn't mention in this story, but after Ed killed his wife, he took the time ti eviscerate her, what a good husband he was.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The point I was seeking to make is that associating these people with any larger group of people or subculture is erroneous and misleading. The acts of the individual, in the three cases here (Lee, Manson, and this Amish guy you've just thrown into the mix) are not representative of the beliefs or accepted behaviors of their respective groups. Therefore the association of their behaviors to the group is not valid.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I made my point at the top of this page, please read it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have not intimated once that these groups are 'like' their crappiest members, that is something that you apparently have presumed, without cause.

I am saying, in response to some people who can't seem accept it, that there are nut-wads in all groups of people, including lefties.

And Hey, I 'threw' the Amish guy into the mix to show that I don't just think it is left-wingers that kill people, quite unlike another poster earlier in this thread, who seemed to think that right-wing has the only fringe wingnuts that kill.
PEACE

[edit on 3-9-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Maybe I did misunderstand your intent. And if so I do apologize to you.

My worry, in this thread and in several others, is to avoid generalizing - especially with regard to "left" and "right" as it pertains to American politics.

At this point in history the polarized state of this nation gives me great pause and reason for immense caution. This is the first time in my 44 years of life that I can actually envision Americans killing Americans over political differences.

This is why I feel such a strong need, on both a personal and public level, to illustrate the behaviors of individuals and not to assign labels which infer blame upon an entire group.

[edit on 9/3/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This guy IS a "leftie", just as the abortion Dr. killers are "righties" and the 9/11 terrorists are "Muslim" and the funeral protesters are "Christian" and the 60s bombers were "hippies". None of them represent the societal group they claim. They are all psychotic, hijacking the name of a certain faction of society to USE as their "purpose". And you fall for it every time!

Grow UP you guys!

NONE of these extremists represent the faction that they claim and the more you all buy into this, the more you end up arguing over childish labels. Don't be so sensitive and politically correct. The guy was an eco-terrorist, USING the left's position on the environment to justify his insane actions.

We should be talking about what this whack job did, not whether or not he represents all left-leaning people. It's clear he does not and it's clear that the OP has an issue with the political left.

It doesn't matter what the guy claims. When a person behaves in this manner, putting other people's lives in danger for a "cause", all claims he makes about his reasons and justifications are irrelevant.

Yes, his claimed reasons put him on the left, but his actions put him in the psychotic category, rendering all political labels moot.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Star that post! Thank you!

What you have said here:

The guy was an eco-terrorist, USING the left's position on the environment to justify his insane actions.

was all that I was saying to begin with, ever since, I have been trying to justify my position, getting dragged deeper by trollers from the left because I dared to say that he was an eco-terrorist.

I am taking a deep breath and letting go.....

Again, thanks.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Absolutely no need to apologize, but I appreciate it.

I understand your concerns, and they are indeed well justified.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You are absolutely right. The OP does have a "issues with the political left".
I am tired of the right always being blamed for these kinds of actions.
I started this thread in hopes of getting the jump on anyone from the left doing so.
The house of cards that the left has been building is about to collapse and it needs to. I have three young boys and I can not imagine the world they will have to bring their children up in if it does not collapse NOW.
What has this country come to when my children can not make mothers day and fathers day cards because some one might have same sex parents? That's not my childrens fault.
What has it come to when they are not taught our history as it actually happened?
What has it come to when every channel you turn to has sex, profanity or same sex couples everywhere? If that's your thing GOOD FOR YOU, but don't shove it down others throats in hopes of desincetizing them.
What has it come to when you are out with the family and every other word you hear from other youngsters is M Fer or some other filth.
What has it come to when our national debt has become a burden so great that our offspring will be paying for it for generations to come?
I do not recognize this county any longer and I AM NOT ALONE!
If this is PROGRESS then we need to stop the forward motion as soon as possible!
Somebody PLEASE, PLEASE hit the rewind button!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join