It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Right NOW. A 'Gift of a Second Chance'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey silo good to see you too, just thinking about this thread and figured I would join back in to say that what I find kind of hard to deal with is that things have happened in my life recently which for the past years, 14 years, have been my focus and reason for living where I do.

Recently all of that and the best laid plans you know, went in a really terrible and different direction than I had always lived for.

It could have been the straw or straws that broke the camels back. Some of the worst possible outcomes for the ones I love most have been completely out of my control.

It has been one of the worst times in my adult life. Couple that with all the dreaded disaster worldwide and I have been closer to losing it than ever.

Anyway, this time of sorrow and challenge beyond imagining has caused some radical change to begin happening and it has made me feel like the only thing to do is surrender to this moment and let go the past, even moments before and also to not dwell in the future.

I know from many perspectives that sounds great, but living it has been like the dark night of my soul.

Silo we may not have always seen eye to eye, but I have always had great respect for your higher intuition and grounded common sense. You are the kind of person who says it like it is and that's where I am today, wanting that real individual finishing touch on myself.

see I have always compared myself to everyone, it has gotten much better over the years but as a young girl I had that one bad, we all have that 'thing', that was my main one.

I guess what I mean to say, share here is that from all of the events which were out of my control recently, my whole future has changed. We are moving across country, I think today we may have sold our house we put on the market less than two weeks ago with nothing more than a homemade sign.

Too many synchronicities to mention really, but I felt like you would be a good one to help guide me right now, weird I know as we are only cyber acquaintances but after what you wrote in the Op, you may have some good advice for me.

Ok, thank you for this thread and for believing in 2012 the way you do.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I understand the basis of the OP, however, in such a fragile economy, should I really squander my savings in order to fulfill my dreams before 2012?

In other words, fun costs money, traveling costs money, everything costs money....

what if your advice has people spending money and then nothing happens?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by stereologist

Try telling that to the man on the street.

Regardless of the fact(s) you think you know most people have the Mayan calendar, 2012 and world cataclysmic disaster all connected and snarled up in one huge hairy ball of confusion and misunderstanding.

Thanks for bringing up a point I failed to make, but, was the catalyst for the thread.

Out of the confusion and fear take hope and heart and make YOU the person you want to be! NO REGRETS 2012!

peace

Because people can't believe stupid things, right?
Oh, wait, lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Too many synchronicities to mention really, but I felt like you would be a good one to help guide me right now, weird I know as we are only cyber acquaintances but after what you wrote in the Op, you may have some good advice for me.

My heart goes out to you - it does.
And I would give anything if I knew what to say, or what to do to help.
I can listen. And I can feel and hope and pray all goes well for you.
But I'm only a person who's going through hell just like everyone else and hasn't the answers I need for me much less anyone else no matter how I wish that I did.

I mean, we all have our personal hells - by the degrees of hell is what makes us unique just as in the instances of it.

Someone may be going through a time where they feel there's just no window left open after the closing of a door, or without meaning to be glib, the light at the end of their tunnel is a train... Yes. A time when there seems to be NO relief in sight.

But there are very deep, soul changing reasons for these times and trials in our life. I think you and I can agree on it's these times in our life that is what we're here to face and to confront and be confronted by.

My opinion? It's the moments in your life, like you're experiencing now, that you need to embrace.
Embrace everything you're feeling, experiencing - even if it's the 'dark side' - especially if it's the 'dark side'.
If we try to get around these 'bad times, bypass them, do anything to get out of them I really think it will just redouble in effort to bring us down.

From what you said it sounds as if that's what you're doing, and I really encourage you.

It's not as simple as the old saying (that I hate), the one about when you get lemons make a nice drink. It's way more than that, but, at the same time, it is that simple.

I guess I'm lucky in that I believe we will never be given anything we can't handle. We may only thing we've been. And I do believe hand in hand with that we have to just embrace the dark as well as the light in our life. No, I don't mean evil - that we have to shun at all cost, but, the dark times, the hard times, the times when we get tired and loose our joy and find it hard to find faith.

I don't mean to babble on. I'll just say the first impression I got was if these things keep happening to you then maybe it's because you're resisting them too much. Sometimes it is better to give in, embrace and learn from the 'bad things'... Then maybe once you have the tide will turn and you'll be in for softer times. It sounds like that's what you're trying and again I just encourage you to have courage!

Between now and then my heart will be with you and of course I can and will listen any time... But can I guide? Sadly I lack the tools and the insight to guide.
Can I share? Yes. But honestly I just keep thinking there is something in you, you already know you have to do, that you have to change and now's the time to do it.

It's like what I was trying to say about 2012.
We're so close now - so close as we're almost too late.
And as the time grows closer, of course we can depend on friends and love and family, but, at the end of the line - we will be alone.
Alone to face what this new time will bring.

If we're prepared, deep inside ourselves, then, no matter if the earth flips on the outside (or not), something will have happened and our perception of earth will have 'flipped' on the inside. We'll be new, and 'more' of what we need to be as spiritual human beings as ever!

I dreamt last night, oh marvelous error, that there were honeybees in my heart, making honey out of my old failures...

Antonio Machado

Light and Love go with you during your trials Antar.

peace

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Because people can't believe stupid things, right?

Of course they can.
But what makes the difference is what we Do with what we believe.

If we prepare now, within ourselves, and make sure - no matter what happens - that we have no regrets?

Then change will come - because we've made it come - all to our best and betterment - which means in turn - all for the benefit of everyone.

peace

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Why would any of this be tied into the 2012 hoax? It shouldn't. Making the best of things doesn't require a joint end date. Why should everyone pick a date that is a hoax?

Few people think about 2012. Those that do think about 2012 push that on their friends and then there is the illusion that everyone must be thinking about 2012. This is a problem called sampling bias. The inference is based on a sample that reflects a group not representative of the population, because it was not chosen from the population in an unbiased manner.

Try going to a store and ask every 10th or 20th person entering the store a few question about 2012. Or try the same at the public library. Or try the same on a sidewalk. Hardly a person will know what this is all about.

This is a non-issue for people. They are more concerned with their wallets. People vote for the money they want. Their interest is not in a hoax perpetrated by a few charlatans.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

You know, I've thought about your post a lot. No, I've not been ignoring it, just mulling it over.
And I still can't find an answer.

Why would you want to spread negativity like this?
What's the point of being so sour?
No, I'm not poking at you I'm asking.

First, you're speaking as if your opinion has more validity, carries more weight than mine.
Fine, maybe it does for you.
But for you to call this a 'non issue' for people, also makes you the author of others conscience and the judge of what the collective 'they' find important and not.
Do you really have such a finger on the world?
No, you don't.

That you don't find 2012 an 'issue' - fine.

But why try to destroy someone else's message of peace and serenity in times of trouble?

I just don't get it.

The FACT is, the more people that look to this date as a moment of change, and prepare for it - just so - it WILL be a moment of change.

December 21st is it? 2012? Wow, over 4 million hits on Google, and the front page viewing editions such as USA Today. Hmmm.

And sure NASA and mentalists scoff and chuckle it's nothing but a Y2K scare. Spiritualists, disagree.
But it isn't like they've ever been in agreement before.

Regardless, and I reiterate, in my opinion it is an issue. Even if only for the few here who've answered this thread (and of course we know it's many more than that).

And, as a ripple in a pond, if we, the people who feel this IS an issue, begin to spread more peace, more acceptance, more understanding of others and of ourselves?

It can only be for the good.

Of course your opinion is interesting, and provocative. But your negativity?

Well... It's your choice, but, regardless if you believe 2012 will bring change, or not - it's never too late for YOU to put negativity aside. Even if you can't agree with others - wish them well anyway.

peace

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If anything whatsoever out of the ordinary happens in 2012

I think stereologist's brain might literally explode.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by silo13

If anything whatsoever out of the ordinary happens in 2012

I think stereologist's brain might literally explode.

Or if we told him.... WE TOLD YOU SO
he might answer back to us : ya i knew about it but i just wanted to screw a little bit with you guys

in that case our brains might literally explode
:bnghd:

edit on 9/9/2010 by Ben81 because: correction

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The only thing that the date 2012 has going for it is money. The spiritualists are cashing in on this date.

Just because there are lots of hits on google means little. At one time the greatest number of hits was on Rush Limbaugh's website to buy his line of ties. Don't forget the clicks on the star wars kid. Then there are the millions that had to open the email to see the naked tennis player and got their computers infected with a virus.

And, as a ripple in a pond, if we, the people who feel this IS an issue, begin to spread more peace, more acceptance, more understanding of others and of ourselves?

It can only be for the good.

But why dress it up in the name of a hoax?

To say it is negative to point out that 2012 is negative is a poor attempt to deflect that 2012 is a hoax. A hoax is negative. The essence of the hoax is to dupe people, to possibly scam them. By tying a message into 2012 you also tie people into all of the other claims of 2012 that include death and destruction from impossible events such as pole shifts, incoming planets, and whatever is the hoax-du-jour.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Since nothing will happen maybe you're brain will implode.

Actually, the lesson of 2012 is likely to be shame if people look back over their claims for years and they see that they duped themselves. Truthfully, I know that won't happen. The real lesson comes from the Millerites that refused to stop believing. They spent decades wasting their lives looking for the nonevent.

There will be the endless search for whatever hoax people think 2012 is.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ben81 I think you already realize that this is a hoax. I think you are looking for a way out claiming that some sort of enlightenment will happen. Isn't that the easy way out. I mean instead of having to do something which may require effort you can just sit back and magically and effortlessly everything is better. Is that what people are looking for here, the easy button?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It is not 2012 - that is for sure.

Trust me.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Ben81

Ben81 I think you already realize that this is a hoax. I think you are looking for a way out claiming that some sort of enlightenment will happen. Isn't that the easy way out. I mean instead of having to do something which may require effort you can just sit back and magically and effortlessly everything is better. Is that what people are looking for here, the easy button?

no ... i live my life day by day .. its been 15 years im working my a** off
but its been all my life i have been sensing it deep within me
and it has never stoped me living and working hard
thats why i dont live in fear or thinking that im not that rich
if i think about being exemple... more rich all the time .. i take life in a simple way thats it respecting all aspect of it.... i have no jalousy.. that he have a better car than me or a more cute girlfriend .. or how my home is small comparing to my neighboor
i have stoped a long time ago complaining about those silly human negatives emotions
i maybe not yet enlighten since i smoke and i drink beer sometimes.. im not perfect nobody is perfect
but many of my ideas ... are signs that im slowly awaken .. to what .. still not sure about it
but its looking good ... i have accepted the way im living and what kind of a person i am

i think its 2012 what i have sensed all my life without really knowing about it
lifes with her signs have slowly but surely prepared me for this transition
my world .. my futur better world for everyone .. a real heaven on earth like it supose to be
but since greed are habiting most of humans ... a event of a grand scale might mass enlight everyone
with or without any devine help .. HUMANS WILL ENLIGHT .. and it was time ...
its urgent that we all awoke...i feel it coming trust me for that

and i wasnt influenced by anyone or any threads,news,tv,books or a person
thats the beauty and pureness of it ... beleive in FAITH my friend ..
beleiving in nothing .. .. without being unrespectfull to you .. mean that you have young soul that need learning .. but you are still my egual .. not inferior or superior to me ....EGUAL ..
how many would say things like i just said to you ... only rare people thinks like me
meaning .. that i still have very good hope for humans beyond 2012
even if a ww3 brakes out
like i said many time it has to worsen to get better .. thats the sad part

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Beautiful post.
And equally beautiful outlook.
And, you could have truly touched on something I'd not thought of and I thank you for the insight.

I believe we are 'called'.
Those who 'feel' something is coming, well, we know we do, and naysayers can't and will never change our inner 'feelings'

In a way it makes me actually pity them.

It's a wondrous thing to know and FEEL the times we're in.

To be left out of such an occasion must be quite a bitter pill to swallow - as we see by some of the bitter responses to the thread.

I was going to say 'If only they knew how easy it was to...' - but - maybe it's wasted emotion.

If they're not 'called', if they don't 'feel' - they can't 'know'. So truly they might just be better off in their sterile existence after all.

What hell it would be for a bitter man, to feel a fleeting hope, only to have it be replaced by the cold realization hope will never be his...

Stay well and strong Ben, and thank you again for the insight.

peace

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

thanks silo .. compliment fully accepted with honor
lol

i usualy dont double post my words
its from the last update i have made in the age of enlightment has started thread
but i want to double it here to

maybe you have already read it .. im not sure ..

LETS BE PROUD OF OUR SOULS IN THE AFTERLIFE "OTHER DIMENSION"
the importance of the "what if"completely worth it...lets avoid bringing any shame... that will hunt our soul forever in remorses and regrets

these threads are the most important ones on ATS
since we spread hope after 2012 .. whatever happens
good work Silo and S&F by the way (already S&F once ahahah damn i can forgot things sometimes lol)

and whatever happens .. even a "nothing at all" .. wont change the way i am
but its better be prepared for it in the mind (open minded)... than being a bodybuilder
they will be the first ones to screams like bunch of scared cats ahaha without being disrespectfull

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Funny that. It really makes me wonder. There are those who subscribe to the theory that some people are here, purposefully and exactly for this 'event'. To help others through it.

Are you one of them?

even if i am one of them or not .. it wouldnt make a difference
its a good thoughs since theres nothing bad to be a peacefull messenger

but like batman said ..

damn my mind can be full of surprise
... the batman quote just came to me in the reply
now i have no choice to add it to my profile

each time i saw the film .. deep chills came to me lol.. i loved the sensations
its a brilliant quote lol

oh and by the way you still own me a "R"

you said that

I WANT MY "R" BACK NOW ahaha jk

i love being silly sometime thats another thing from my nature a good sens of humor lol ... or more like my enormous sens of humor

edit on 9/9/2010 by Ben81 because: the R thing

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ben I dont know what planet you are from but you sure do inspire me sometimes.

Warm Regards,
Rajaten

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
As much as i do want something to happen ( a good thing that is, for the human race) i don't think nothing will happen. All i see are people making alot of money through books and stuff. When 2012 comes and goes, they will not be bothered because they are alot richer.

Now, i know one of the predictions talk about the world changing vibrations, meaning we will change too, and take us on a higher level/ Which is all well and good, but i tell people not to put all their faith in this, because if nothing happens, they will feel angrey,depressed etc.

Deep down, we all know the chances of something happening, good or bad are quite low.

I do understand why people believe this kind of stuff though. The world is not a good place. In fact, its a terrible place. You could say its hell, or close to hell. And we do seem to be on a brink of another world war

So, i hope i am wrong, and something wonderful does happen on this date. But i will believe it when i see it, and everyone should do the same because after nothing happens on 2012, there will be another prediction, and books will be written about that date too. The most important thing to most people on this planet is money, and alot of people don't care how they make it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

signature
Every man should have a built-in automatic crap detector operating inside him
- Ernest Hemingway

BEEP BEEP BEEP
just kidding . Doesnt it say that the masses will be deceived. In this thread people seem to be saying the masses are non 2012 believers.(makes one think for a second) whether you believe the 2012 hype or not all one needs to do is look outside and think of the weather and events since you were young. i live in the state of minnesota the land of 10,000 taxes.... i mean lakes and we are running out of drinking water , it rains very little, snows lightly and has slowly gotten warmer in the winter and colder in the summer since i was a kid 30 yrs ago. No matter what the weather channel says

This kind of thing is happening all over the world and in many places it is much worse with natural disasters as well. So weather or not you believe in the mayan callender , bible , 2012 or anything in my opinion doesnt matter it is our reality and the events happening around us that is the truth and the truth is all that matters. Also keep in mind it is not only the maya or a handful of cultures that talk about trouble in 2012 almost every single ancient culture has 2012 information in texts or coded into there buildings. Buildings that we can NOT recreate today.
Ancient cultures obviously had different knowledge than we do today (if youve done the homework that is) So i always keep an open mind to ancient knowledge But, you dont need it... If you take the average big storm and catastrophe data for the last five years and project that increase through to 2012 . And keep in mind storms and disaters increase as we reach solor maximum( which is in 2012) it could get pretty ugly around here. So it doesnt matter if you believe the maya and 2012 hype. The simple truth of the varifiable facts at hand is the only information needed to educate ourselves. Crap Detecting 101 class dismissed Great Sig Silo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join