It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Right NOW. A 'Gift of a Second Chance'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is a hard post to write because I have to separate myself from the hype, the glamor (yes glamor), the trendy 'in the know' thoughts and theories about 2012, and, examine it for what it is.

A 'possibility' that will invoke change.

2012 is epic of it's own creation.
From a calendar that's debatably an 'ancient relic come to life predicting disaster and world change', to an antique appointment book dropped by a long ago Mayan, the 2012 'Fact vs. Myth' is a combination whirlwind and cleansing fire roaring through the news, blogs, here on ATS and just about everywhere else the information age reaches, into our imagination and beyond.

And by it's sheer movement and proportions - it will bring change.
For isn't calling it 'just a bunch of hype' defining 'it' in itself?

So, what will the hype do? Hopefully catapult us into action!

Fact.
No one knows for sure what really will happen in 2012.
Everyone's got their own theories be it First Contact, a massive pole shift, the rise of ancient Gods or a Second Coming. WW3. Sun flares to roast us all? Who knows!
But rest assured something WILL happen.
What my heart tells me is true? Whatever happens, whatever 'it' will be? If I don't go to work on ME now - I'll get left out. And I don't want to be left out.

Point being? We can't use the short time we have (left) between now and 2012 unwisely.
We can't rely on sleeping out overnight on in a makeshift tent on the eve of this great event in hope to be one of the first in line to get the winning ticket or prize for whatever 2012 is going to bring.

I suggest if you're one of those people waiting in line? It's time to get OUT of that 'line' and start doing! I propose we stop waiting for 2012 and bring 2012 to you.

How? By being honest with yourself. Ask yourself what needs changing in you, and do it.
It's as simple and as complex as the Nike add: 'Just Do It'.

As a little example.
Have you ever been a pound, stone, kilo or two overweight and had an upcoming 'get together' to prepare for?
It's 3 months in the future, you'll have time to do that 'slimming' for that wedding, that reunion, that special date?
A month and a half to go and you're still popping biscuits thinking, no rush, right?
Two weeks from the event something in the back of your mind starts itching and wondering if you'll be able to cut it.
A week before? You're looking into the newest thing in corsets, the overnight diet wonders, a tummy tuck and three days under a sunlamp, cause hey, if you're overweight you still look cool if you've a tan right?

Not this time - This isn't the time for overnight diets and snake oil cures - but to do something now while you still can.

What is that action? I can't tell you. No one can. Only you can tell you.

How?
Put yourself in 'you shoes.'
Close your eyes and picture yourself watching the clock, just moments before 2012.
Imagine yourself watching the countdown.
Then ask yourself - 'What didn't I do?'

What will you be berating yourself for? What will be your regrets? Those things you'll wish with all your heart and soul you'd done while you still had time?

You've asked yourself and your heart knows the answer. The right answer. For you. And from the only person who's opinion really counts and who's answers you can trust. Yours. Now's the time to trust you.

Ok, so where to go from there?

Well, researching someone else's ancient theories isn't going to help. Studying myths of the 'end times' wont either. Doing what all the 'New Agers' tell you to do - will not matter a whit.
What will matter is not what you believe about 2012, but, what you do, with you, about it now.
Now. Not in the last minute, but starting this minute.

So, for a moment place yourself in the 2012 scenario of your choice, and ask yourself, 'What is it I wish I'd of done - before?'

Now - Go change it. Go be it. Go do what needs to be done. Because 2012 is not a time to go into wearing stones of regret.

Because No matter what - if you believe 2012 will bring change NOW - and do something about it NOW - 2012 will be a miracle! And you will NOT be left behind.

So, your 'Gift of a Second Chance' is here. What are you going to do about it?

Me? I'm going to start by getting in touch with everyone I know who I've done wrong, or, who I feel has done me wrong, and either way, ask for forgiveness and give it. From there, I don't know what else, not yet, but I bet if I listen to my heart it wont take long for something else to come to me.

What about you?

Peace

And for all of you who truly want to change - to grow - to be more - I hope and pray you find the courage and strength to do it.

Edit = an 'oops'

[edit on 2-9-2010 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Good post.

The beauty of it as that if something does happen in 2012, or not, you have still improved yourself.

Something I learned long ago is that you have no control over the past or the future. The most important thing in the universe is what you are doing right now, because that is the only thing you have any control over.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
S & F

Be true to yourself.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

From a calendar that's debatably an 'ancient relic come to life predicting disaster and world change',

There are no predictions associated with the Haab calendar.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Try telling that to the man on the street.

Regardless of the fact(s) you think you know most people have the Mayan calendar, 2012 and world cataclysmic disaster all connected and snarled up in one huge hairy ball of confusion and misunderstanding.

Thanks for bringing up a point I failed to make, but, was the catalyst for the thread.

Out of the confusion and fear take hope and heart and make YOU the person you want to be! NO REGRETS 2012!

peace

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I took this video out of the first post - I was concerned it might cause some confusion.

Regardless of the name and date, put that aside.

Just listen and think about HOPE and let it help you find the courage you need people.

2010 will be here in the blink of an eye!

peace

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Whatever happens be ready for it, I know I am. If we all die then we all die.
Don't give in at any costs, I can feel the rain, a fresh start I hope without them telling us what to do.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Everyone's got their own theories be it Fist Contact

you NEED to put a R
it hurt my eyes without this R

i will continu to read the thread seem to be very interesting

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
S&F

nice thread .. it bring only good values
it make the wake up call ring on our ears

since we live in this lock up society..
so far im doing my best to wake up people
and save them from GREED
before its to late .. 2012 is coming .. it is so just THERE
can you beleive we are in 2010 ...
2012 is around the corner
we still have chances to heal our soul
and help making this better world
preparing the transition to 2012
i dont beleive in all of those apocalypse speculations

since my youngest age i have sensed i was born for this event
looking at the stars being fascinated by space and all the good things on earth... i made the difference between good and bad almost from the start
i didnt know my soul .. now i know .. that the soul contain so much
i have many though and things in me that .. where the hell i got all those things ... why im not like everybody else (generaly speaking)

your thread is contributing to the good cause
we dont have much time left
we can save many souls with a few good logic though
all peoples have the possibility to wake up to this higher purpose
you can see it .. but people in general DONT want to see it
thats why its a hard work but still possible to enlight some peoples

continu your good work Silo

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I do not believe many people know about the 2012 hoax.

The only reason the few people that know about the hoax think it involves disaster is that they have been repeated lied to by a number of frauds and hoax perpetrators. It is the lack of fact checking by these people that has allowed this asinine hoax to take hold.

The Mayans had no predictions or whatever associated with the Haab calendar. There is no planet coming into our solar system. Pole shifts are a hoax shown to be nonexistent for over 40 years.

This hoax preys on the uneducated and closed minded people that are unwilling to take the time to learn and to open their minds to the overwhelming evidence.

A second chance begins by people learning that they can start an education today. They can learn the things they shunned in high school. People are able to take the time to learn. If people take the time to read and learn, then maybe this so-called "consciousness shift" is actually people learning and dumped the hoaxers.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Enjoyed your OP Silo, it seems to be where the 'in' people are 'right now' so timely to say the least and right on in its message.

Have been up to this challenge you propose for a couple of years and one thing I find, when you start genuinly creating your own reality, there are always challenges which will test you on every level.

Staying focused and becoming strong within is an important part of the process for sure. Letting go or first reccognizing the material world, the third dimensional influence is part of it too.

I personally feel that there will be a dimensional shift, knew that before any of the terms were coined, yet only if you are ready for that level of responsibility.

It's not easy and there are a million ways to go astray, but if you perservere, it is possible. We cant raise our vibrational frequency and rise up to the next level, we can however invite the higher aspects of our souls to come down to help raise us up, to assist in this natural process.

Earth herself is undergoing this process and we are feeling the affects because in reality we are not seperate. Some Scientists believe that we are facing the 6th great extinction, the third eye Chakara of Mother earth being opened in my way of thinking, but I see it, feel it as her ascention, her awakening of the Crown Chakara.

If you were sitting next to Buddha as he became enlightened, it is entirely possible that if you were silent within and available to the emense energy, you too could have become enlightened when he did because your energies would not have been seperate, the same is happening with our entire planet, Mother earth is ready to shed this illusion, this pain and awaken to the pure bliss which was and always will be her true Birthrite.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

the only thing we can do is to look inside ourselves and look for the answers within. drop the material bounds and look after the truth. that's the only thing that matters, all the rest... all the rest will cease to exist at some point, this world will change, and it's upon us to prepare for that change - some will welcome it, but for most it'll be pretty painfull and they may simply reject what's coming - that's their choice... but i don't think you wanna be one of them.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is a lovely idea. The thought of witnessing the great change approaching in the sky on december 21st and having regrets is very powerful.

Personally, now that I have done so much research on the ancients and uncovered all the evidence for the 2012 shift, I am kind of at a loss for words and unsure of what to do for the next two years. Your OP outlines a good guideline for what to do now. Thanks again.

Peace and love,
Rajaten

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Double post edit

[edit on 1-9-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

There, lol, you got your 'R'! hehehe
Dang but my eyeballs cross editing so I thank you for picking up on that one!

Fist Contact, lol. Ouchy!

But in all reality that's what we all need, metaphorically speaking.
A good face plant to get us mad.
At least being 'mad' catapults people into change.
But still, I owe you an 'R'!

since my youngest age i have sensed i was born for this event
looking at the stars being fascinated by space and all the good things on earth... i made the difference between good and bad almost from the start
i didnt know my soul .. now i know .. that the soul contain so much
i have many though and things in me that .. where the hell i got all those things ... why im not like everybody else (generaly speaking)

Funny that. It really makes me wonder. There are those who subscribe to the theory that some people are here, purposefully and exactly for this 'event'. To help others through it.

Are you one of them?

The beauty in that?

You can be if you choose to be and it sounds like you have. So a conscious thought of change or recognizing and nurturing your soul within that was 'planted' here for this event(if you will accept that term loosely).

peace and thank you

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

A second chance begins by people learning that they can start an education today. They can learn the things they shunned in high school. People are able to take the time to learn. If people take the time to read and learn, then maybe this so-called "consciousness shift" is actually people learning and dumped the hoaxers.

You bring up some points that are needed and welcome, though I'm not going to address. Not because I haven't 'read up' of 'studied' - but because we're too close to the date to 'stay in the classroom' if you will.

It's time, and late if I might add, to get on the horse and ride.
It's time to start preparing for the jump for no matter what theory (and that's all they are at the end of the day, a collection of theories from many cultures and fields of thought), for no matter what theory, SOMETHING is going to happen.

As for not many people knowing about the 2012?
That I will debate.
It's everywhere.
From the cinema house and their 'disaster' movies, to main stream media and on. Believe me, when I hear about 2012 in the fields where workers are wondering here in this town where once you cross the piazza you've stepped back 200 years into the past? Oh yeah, people know. And in my opinion, a lot more than you might think.

Beyond that, it doesn't matter really the numbers of people that know. All it's going to take is a handful that believe, truly believe, and 'change'. Do one little something that is nicer, kinder, more accepting, less critical, and the actions of that handful of people will explode. Will go 'viral' as they say.

On a personal note, I thank you for your post, I do. I just hope something inside you can spark to life in mystery and wonder for the times we're going into. I for one want to yell with combined expectation and the thrill of it like a little kid going down that first big hill of a roller-coaster! My hands in the air yelling in pure joy!

I wish for you some of that expectation and joy.

peace

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hi Antar - Good to see you.

Thank you for your beautiful sentiments and thoughts. It's so good to know people are 'out there' who just, well, who just know. And who are not afraid to pick up the challenge and revel in it and share their beliefs with others.

And you're right, it's not going to be all peaches and cream this spiritual awakening.

Those who take up an active role in recognizing their spirit for what it is - even before trying to change it - are in for some real crisis.

I just hope the joy and the expectation and the true desire to know just who and we are, to understand and be blessed by just who and what the earth is, will give the courage needed to continue the search for who we are when times get rough. And bless all who try with more faith and courage to change.

Thanks so much for your reply!
hugs and peace

[edit on 2-9-2010 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

the only thing we can do is to look inside ourselves and look for the answers within. drop the material bounds and look after the truth. that's the only thing that matters, all the rest...

You're right.
It's as simple and profound as that.
Now add the desire to know, the desire to change and we've got the recipe for what we'll need to feed us and get us through the upcoming months!

Thanks for putting it so distinctly and eloquently.

peace

reply to post by rajaten

I was feeling at a 'loss' also.
So much info, so much soul searching wondering where i could find personal truths in all the information, personal truths I needed to move on.
I wasn't sure what to do either.
So, I skipped to the end.
I went right to the 'last chapter' so to speak and took a sneak peak at the last page.
Because no matter what theory we subscribe to - we'll still all end up in the same place.
Right there on the eve of the beginning (or end, depending on what you choose to believe).
So yeah, i pictured myself on the 'eve' and the first thing I started to think of was - 'Why didn't I do ____' and 'Why didn't I change ____'.

So picture yourself on the brink... The countdown has begun... 10! 9! 8!

What do you wish you'd done?

peace and courage to you!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Let's understand that NOTHING is going to happen. The 2012 claims are ridiculous stories to sell junk books, videos, and whatever to those that don't know better. The theories are theories in the vernacular sense, no the scientific sense of the word. These are unfounded speculations.

As far as how many people think or are concerned with 2012 it really isn't many.

It's not everywhere. You are subject to sampling bias. Maybe you and your friends think about it, but I am not aware of anyone in my area that thinks about this rather lame set of claims.

From the cinema house and their 'disaster' movies, to main stream media and on.

Not right there is a testable statement. I just checked the news and nothing on 2012 other than the Olympics in London and politics as usual. Nothing about 2012 in the sense of a consciousness shift or disaster. So it seems that your claim is false.

Hollywood is not a source of knowledge. The movies they put out seem to come in clumps of what they believe will sell. I don't think that there is going to be an invasion of ogres, transformers, homicidal weirdos, zombies, etc. as these are the topics of many films.

The only possible matches I see for Hollywood and 2012 are:
Moomins and the Comet Chase

and possibly

Quantum Quest: a Cassini Space Project

2010 schdule of movie releases

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Good post
So by this reasoning you come out either ahead of the game. Or you have done everything you can do to give yourself the best chance of punching thru to the otherside of what lay ahead. This works for those it should work for.
It may just be a thinning of the heard. In that case the strong will survive.

The way I see it. What ever it is, it is.
Cross that Bridge when I get to it.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by randyvs]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join