It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Breaking" hostage situation in the discovery building "Washington"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

Get the link up here of the face book group if you can, And copy what you can,

Least that way we have the info rather that the Edited stuff they will put up...

This guy is also a fan on Danial quin,

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Last know address of this man was at a homeless center..

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
More from Lee's notes:

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Notes:
Current mood: angry

I am going over the Daniel Quinn books over and over. I refuse to read anything that is not directly related to the overpopulation problem and global warming. I am searching history for clues that could save the planet. I still am baffled why this is happening. It seems impossible. I am awaiting some nature videos that I ordered.

Guys, I went to the bookstore to relax, you know? Take it easy and the reflect on my life. I didn't mean to stumble on the book of the century. To be honest, the Daniel Quinn books are what I have been looking for for the better half of my life.

I remember a question I posed to a religious friend some time ago, that if we were all "meant" to act a certain way, then why do animals act the way they do? Why do they die? Can't they be "saved" as well. What I got was a definite "no,"

I absolutely hate it when someone tells me "no" or "it can't be done" or "that's just the way it is."
5:43 PM
5 Comments
3 Kudos

Read more: blogs.myspace.com...

There are comments from another man below that are along as follows:
Norman Plombe said:

there is only one solution, and that is fewer people. we must create a culture in which we don't knee-jerk "congratulations" after a pregnancy announcement.

Posted by normanplombe on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 8:31 AM

Rather interesting the people he's talking with who are on the lines of the whole "Reduce the population as mother earth can't sustain it" bologna..

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Cygnis]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I wasn't seeking to label... I just found it interesting that the reporter, over live audio, was trying to find a specific terminology to use.

The media reports, after all, will set the tone.

Personally I don't think that "terrorist" or "activist" fit at all. I think this is more an emotional individual than anything else.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

www.facebook.com...#!/pages/James-Jay-Lee/150076225021838

that should be the link to the facebook group , theres only a small description then 9 members and a discussion has already started to slate him.

I still have the myspace page up and am trying to get it onto a word document but no luck so far but ill keep trying.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Some guy lead out in hand cuffs

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

DC,
That was a tape of when he was arrested in 2008.
Tom

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Police update momentarily...hopefully it is over.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
Some guy lead out in hand cuffs

nothing I've seen on live video showed that.

They WERE showing old footage of his previous arrest back in 2008 for protesting.

They project this to go on for more then 4 hours. less then 12 hours.

We will see..

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The virginia tech shooter had "ismail" tattoed on his arm and used the name A. Ishmael when sending the packages.

.. sounds like a CIA/SAD psycho actor.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Does that mean it's over when they say they will have an update on the issue?
Second line.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thank you asala!

I've been following other links and Daniel Quinn's book, "Ishmael, My Ishmael" was mentioned in almost every place that I found Lee.

PLUS, the "Asian" part - I wonder if he's Korean?

Anyway, I remembered where I'd heard that "... Ishmael" title before ... the Virginia sniper! It was part of his tattoo and the main book that sent him over the edge.

There's also an Ishmael society (group) of some sort.

Connections? Do you think there's a connection between Lee and the deceased Virginia sniper?

[edit on 1/9/2010 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I've been sitting here listening to Montgomery County Police's live dispatch. Currently have the SWAT team on the seventh floor, unsure if they have visual on the suspect. It has been confirmed that he does have two propane tanks strapped to him. A further update from the Montgomery County Chief of Police should be coming up shortly.

Link to the dispatch is located on radio reference under the Montgomery County, Maryland page

[edit on 1-9-2010 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Does that mean it's over when they say they will have an update on the issue?
Second line.

Sadly not, when it's over sure it will be breaking news and not an official update at that point.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

On CNN the latest news is that he has more then one hostage now. Plus he strapped from propane tanks. This would be a bad outcome.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Looking at the book review on amazon, it's about a telepathic gorilla who sends thoughts to people on what's went wrong with the earth. Says the book uses socratic methods of discussion and programmed learning.

Yeah, I might just about bet there's some programmed learning involved....

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Latest: they are still in negotiations with James Jay Lee

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Let's hope this is misinformation, rumors are flying around and things are changing by the minute, we need to wait until there is official word on this.

Trying to stay optmistic that this well end with no one hurt.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Saturday, December 16, 2006

Set up more meeting times
Current mood: energetic

I set up more meeting times at Joyce Beers Community Center. One for January 7th and one at January 21st. There is some confusion with the actual address. Some say it's 3900 Vermont, 1010 Vermont, 1220 Cleveland, 1230 Cleveland. I don't know the exact address, but it's near Ralphs.

Been having strange dreams.

I can't seem to stop myself from this venture. I can't think about anything else except this and this alone. Thanks for ruining my life Shannon.

I am ready to go all the way with this one. All the way guys!

Read more: www.myspace.com...

this is a blog post from lee. bare in mind the date is 06 but still gives us some insight i suppose.
But im not sure how reliable the myspace is as the last activity seems to be in june 09. anything after this is purely people slagging him off.

Im not trying to justify the guys actions but It amazes me how many people only seem to hear gunman and hostages then go on the rampage laughing at him and telling him to pul the trigger on himself. Like I said I dont know the back story but i trying to find out and so far this guy seems to have some misguided views but there is a subtle message in amongst the anger. Why do we promote weapons of war? why do we encourage reproduction when we have over population issue's?.... These points make sense to me I only wish he could have found a much less radical solution because now if anyone dares to mention over population theyre gonna get labelled as a sympathizer. He is actually doing more harm to his cause with this ridiculous siege

[edit on 1-9-2010 by mackblack27]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here's a photo of him on myspace, the only comment left by a friend was "virginia tech..."

comment was made in 2007.

???

Myspace picture

And to top it off she made that comment on sept. 2

Tomorrow is sept. 2

and to top it off her myspace site address iss jessa911

today is 9/1/10

?

[edit on 1-9-2010 by depth om]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>