It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Breaking" hostage situation in the discovery building "Washington"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A man is reported as having entered the discovery building in Silver springs, This is breaking so just trying to get as much info as i can,

Gun shots have been heard and people are being evacuated,
Swat team are now on scene,

The man is also thought to have explosives....

More as i get it!

[edit on 1-9-2010 by asala]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Supposedly...

Holding someone hostage
Has large tanks strapped to his back

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
At least 1 hostage has been taken from what i know so far...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
He has a hand gun, 1 shot known, But may have fired more,

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

A man is holding one person hostage at the Discovery Channel headquarters in Silver Springs, Md. outside Washington D.C. The man is believed to have an explosive device on his person.

A SWAT team and emergency officials have surrounded the 10-story building, CBS News reports. The man is being watched on closed-circuit television, and a tactical team is trying to reach him.

It is unclear whether or not the building has been successfully evacuated. The building has 10 floors.

cbs2chicago.com...

Interesting that they are watching him on CCTV. I imagine that will give the police an added advantage. I hope this situation is diffused w/o the guy blowing the building up.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The Day care area has been safely evacuated, Thank goodness for that at least

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The building is used for not just the Discovery channel, But also Construction and as well as other business,

This started at 1pm Eastern time,
Gun man is thought to be an Asian man, he is said to shout "No one is going anywhere"

[edit on 1-9-2010 by asala]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

*Putting on my conspiracy hat*

Could watching him on CCTV provide good reason to push CCTV in America?

*taking off my conspiracy hat*

I hope you guys don't take this as me making light of the situation, it was the first thing that popped in my head.

I hope this situation gets resolved peacefully.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I would not put it past them, First a plane now this... Seems to always happen this way, "Also takes conspiracy hat off"

I do hope that everyone is ok,

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Additional information and live video:

www.tbd.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Possible image of the Gun man,

yfrog.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Stretcher and Gurney have just gone in to the building, Some movement going on out the front of the building,

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Police coming out from behind there cars, So something much be happening...

No movement from the upstairs window,

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This could be connected.....

savetheplanetprotest.com...

The Discovery Channel MUST broadcast to the world their commitment to save the planet and to do the following IMMEDIATELY:

1. The Discovery Channel and it's affiliate channels MUST have daily television programs at prime time slots based on Daniel Quinn's "My Ishmael" pages 207-212 where solutions to save the planet would be done in the same way as the Industrial Revolution was done, by people building on each other's inventive ideas. Focus must be given on how people can live WITHOUT giving birth to more filthy human children since those new additions continue pollution and are pollution. A game show format contest would be in order. Perhaps also forums of leading scientists who understand and agree with the Malthus-Darwin science and the problem of human overpopulation. Do both. Do all until something WORKS and the natural world starts improving and human civilization building STOPS and is reversed! MAKE IT INTERESTING SO PEOPLE WATCH AND APPLY SOLUTIONS!!!!

Not confimed

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The above could be his possibe Demands...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I love how this place is always on the pulse. Sky News and the BBC here in the UK are simply offering updates and the basics. Nothing new.

What REALLY annoys me, is Sky News have stated that the man is of Asian Appearance.
WHY THE HELL DOES THIS MATTER?

This is verging on racial stereotyping, and they should NOT be even mentioning the race or appearance of the individual at this stage.

Of course, the intention is always to link it to Muslim extremists right?

Could be. But It's more plausible and likely that it's a disgruntled employee and nothing to do with religious motive.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wow asala, you are way ahead of what CNN is reporting...where are you getting your info from? They just mentioned the stretchers.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There have been threats recently, Echo terrorism has been one that have cropped up in recent times,

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Alleged Discovery Channel HQ gunman ID'd as James Jay Lee; has history of protesting outside building

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join