It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British Foreign Secretary isn't gay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, not according to the quite extraordinary statement just issued by the Foreign Office, he isn't.

Foreign Secretary Hague's political adviser, 25 year old Christopher Myers, has just resigned because of "untrue & malicious" allegations in the press which state he & Mr. Hague have been intimately involved. Here's some of the Foreign Secretary's official statement.

This speculation seems to stem from the fact that whilst campaigning before the election we occasionally shared twin hotel rooms. Neither of us would have done so if we had thought that it in any way meant or implied something else. In hindsight I should have given greater consideration to what might have been made of that, but this is in itself no justification for allegations of this kind, which are untrue and deeply distressing to me, to Ffion and to Christopher.

Guido Fawkes

Mr. Myers started his brief career as Hague's driver. It's been disclosed the two of them shared a bedroom together, on more than one occasion, when Hague was campaigning around the UK. Share a bedroom with a driver ? Mm. That's a bit odd for someone of Hague's standing, having to slum it in a shared bedroom, isn't it ? What's even more peculiar is that Myers, a fairly mediocre History graduate, found himself soon appointed on the civil service payroll as Hague's political adviser.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5376c50f095.jpg[/atsimg]
(Mr Hague, the Foreign Secretary, is the one on the left ... hard to believe, I know)

A recent British comedy show regularly poked fun at politicians who deny the blatantly obvious. I can't help but think of that as I observe these two gentlemen.

Maybe I'm being too hard on them. They obviously both had genuine concerns about the parlous state of the public finances when they decided to share the same bedroom. That's it. They were only thinking about our welfare.

But maybe they share a common interest ? Hague, 49 y/o Foreign Secretary, company director, gifted parliamentarian, former President of the Oxford Union, management consultant at McKinsey & Co, ex Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition and biographer of 18th Century politicians ...... and Mr. Myers, 25 y/o driver of a Vauxhall Vectra.

Perhaps ATS members could identify what this common interest might be ? I'm damned if I know. But keep your responses civil, please, because Mr Hague ... he's not gay. The Foreign Office says so, after all. He can't be the biggest security risk ever ... because he's not a closet gay open to blackmail ... the government says so, Mr Hague's non gayness is now official British government policy.

So please. Don't say he's gay. Because he just isn't, right ?

The HYPOCRISY of CONSERVATIVE politicians the world over. Just makes me sick.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm an American and not up on British history, but it seems to me that this isn't the first time a G. Fawkes caused some trouble over there. No?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It amazes me how anyone should even care about either of the mentioned people's sexual orientation. Why must people insist on disclosure of something that is none of there business? If either or both of them are gay is there business and has no bearing on the job at hand in my view.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PJAmerica
It amazes me how anyone should even care about either of the mentioned people's sexual orientation. Why must people insist on disclosure of something that is none of there business? If either or both of them are gay is there business and has no bearing on the job at hand in my view.

I don't care about their sexual relationship, in fact by the picture they make a fab couple. The problem is if Hagues "Driver" has now found himself appointed on the civil service payroll as Hague's political adviser. Then this is nepotism which is wrong in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Haha! Very funny!

I don't know what to believe in this case. At the end of the day, it is William Hague's business if he is gay or not, I don't really care if he is, or if he isn't. And sharing a room doesn't immediately imply that a person is gay.

What I do care about though, is the moral integrity of politicians. If he is lying about it whilst in public office, then that is something that is of the public interest because quite simply, it is the public who pay these guys' wages. We pay them to be honest, their duty is to us - the public, the taxpayer.

It is not whether he is gay, that to me, is not the issue. If a politician can lie about that, cheat on their wife, then what else are they lying about? Here in the UK, we have had enough of dodgy politicians and all their cheap scandals, their lies and whitewashing. The truth will out.

Why did the guy give up his job if he has nothing to hide? That is what bothers me. And why did William Hague have 3 assistants when David Cameron made funds available for Government officials to have only 2?

Like I say, I don't know what to believe. Either way, I feel sorry for Hague's wife because now it has all came out about her miscarriages and their personal life, trying for a baby etc and that must be very upsetting.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the clarification folks. I didn't see the point if any made in this thread. Now I get ya. Makes sense.

new topics

top topics

join