It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin’s Shopping Spree: Yes, There’s More...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jdb51

The article said that she freaked when she saw the cost, so the RNC people started removing tags. If anything wrong was done, it was done by those people.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What I really want to know is why was Obama speaking last night from his "newly remodeled Oval Office"! People all across America are losing their homes, their jobs, their entire way of life, but there's plenty of money just laying around to remodel the Oval Office!
It doesn't matter what party you subscribe to, it's the in-your-face blatant hipocrisy that has become all too common today. Sad, but true.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Of course you are right but the RNC also paid for a trip to a bondage bar, sorry I can't remember who that was. I'll look it up if you like. It seems to me it is a problem with the RNC and not Palin.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

The President and high ranking officials need to fly aboard Air Force One, in order to have the security and protection that goes with their positions.
This occurs 24/7 regardless of location or activity, for obvious reasons.

When Obama came into office, I read the SS bumped up security by over 70%. I don't think this was his decision, but it was based on the general political climate.

The article tends to indicate Palins' clothing was purchased by the NRP, so it is surely not a cent of my money. However, it's a matter of ethics, and SHOULD she have figured out they were on loan?

Seriously, I don't know if she should or not, because I don't know what was said to her when they were delivered. I'm just thinking once informed she should have packed them up and sent them back, rather than saying "Do they really want these old worn things back?"
That just sounds like whining, don't you think? I wouldn't have been able to get them back fast enough, and I'm a nobody.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

You're confusing official business with personal pleasure, I am referring to Michelle's lavish trips and numerous parties that they host at the white house, not a trip to Saudi Arabia or across the country to give a speech.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
www.dallasnews.com...

I rest my case

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I read at the time of the purchases, Sarah Palin picked out a one-z for her baby that cost somewhere along the line of $150. What baby needs that kind of clothing? He had probably outgrown it by the time the election was over! That's really smart spending! I don't have clothing that cost that much! Ridiculous! Actually, a candidate that wore threadbare clothing and shoes would be refreshing. Then, and only then, could they be believable at all to me!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well this is one terrified liberal who as I quake in my boots say,

Please, Please Please run Sarah Palin for President on the republican ticket in 2012. Maybe Palin/Beck ???? Please Please with brown sugar on it.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Oh! Took me a second to realize how the article related to the topic, until I saw Maxine Waters name.

But Michelle Obama took her daughter Sasha on a trip to Spain. I don't know who paid for the trip. Do you? There were complains about the trip, but I haven't seen proof that they didn't pay for it themselves.

And of course the parties in the WH are considered "events". Even if they are private, or family and friends, it's still their home, and they are entitled to have guests in their home. We don't really know who picks up the tab for those. The President does earn a salary you know. I'm sure he can afford to sent his wife on a vacation, and entertain family.

But the article you linked mentioned 25,000 for a scholarship, while Palin has kept $150,000 worth of clothing?

Doesn't matter. If it was for personal gain, neither should have happened.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I just don't understand why it's corruption and unethical when it's anyone other than a democrat, liberal or progressive? Do we get a free pass if one has the same beliefs such as yourself? If I were to rob the company I work for of $25,000 or even $150,000 and buy clothes and give out to friends to pay off college loans does it make it all okay because I'm a democrat?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson

I just don't understand why it's corruption and unethical when it's anyone other than a democrat, liberal or progressive? Do we get a free pass if one has the same beliefs such as yourself? If I were to rob the company I work for of $25,000 or even $150,000 and buy clothes and give out to friends to pay off college loans does it make it all okay because I'm a democrat?

You're aware I could switch "democrat, liberal, progressive" with "republican, conservative, evangelical christian" and the thing you just said will likely apply not only to you and anyone you consider "correct" but about 3/4 of the people in this thread and 9/10 of the people on this site?

Are you now aware how irrelevant and idiotic your comments are?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

So I'm an idiot now huh? Is that what the comments resort to when we disagree with what I have to say? Funny how you just proved my point. This is when I no longer debate this thread because it is obviously not going anywhere. Hope you have lots of tissues come this November, you're going to need lots of them.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

JJ, I can't tell you how much I detest the squandering and theft of taxpayer's hard earned money no matter who abuses it.

No, it's not okay. I don't care who does it.

But before we accuse, we need to be sure.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Michelle Obamas Spending spree

Michelle Obama spent $500,000 of taxpayer money just because her husband President Barack Obama invited Oprah Winfrey to his private 49th birthday bash, says the National Enquirer in a shocking new report. Now the ‘spending spree’ in Spain, which cost taxpayers a whopping $75,000 is being criticized due to tough economic times in the USA.

BOOM

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
And of course the parties in the WH are considered "events". Even if they are private, or family and friends, it's still their home, and they are entitled to have guests in their home. We don't really know who picks up the tab for those. The President does earn a salary you know. I'm sure he can afford to sent his wife on a vacation, and entertain family.

So, as long as it's titled "event", it's OK for the taxpayer to foot the bill?

Sure, I have no problem with them having guest. Family, a few friends, whatever. It's when they roll out "Earth Wind and Fire" at an "event" and my tax dollars pay for it that it chaps my ass.

And before anyone freaks out and foams at the mouth, calling me a racist or Obama-hater, I don't like it when ANY public official pulls stunts like that.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

For me, this has nothing to do with the false left-right paradigm. Instead, it has everything to do with American politics as a whole. I consider myself to be a conservative, though I don't have the same consideration for Palin or any of the neo-cons that have taken over the Republican party.

I dont believe you, if you were really being objective, you wouldnt have titled this what you had, and you would have included the spending done by the Obamas as well.........

Palin is back in the spotlight again because of 9/28 and its an opportunity to take some more shots because people of the liberal media and mindset LOATHE her so much

I see you trying to pull strings and then claiming youre just trying to be objective, and I dont buy into it.....

[edit on 1-9-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
can't u just see this prima donna in the oval office:

SS Agent: Mrs. Palin, the Aliens have landed on the South Lawn.

Mrs. Palin: Oh really? Do my nails look ok? Maybe they're
too long? I can get a manicure right quick? You think they'll
wait?

SS Agent: Mrs. Palin, The Russians have just bombed
one of our bases.

Mrs. Palin: Oh wait!! I don't have a single thing
to wear. Bring the car around I need to go to
Macy's before the press conference. What color
would go best for an atomic bombing? Maybe
I should wear red.

SS Agent: Mrs. Palin: The oceans are dying off, what do we do?

Mrs. Palin: I need another espresso and some bottled water.
That doesn't have anything to do with the salt water right???

geez, what an idiot to have in the WH.
Palin is like a bad case of VD.
You just can't get rid of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Says a guy who referenced the National Enquirer. I didn't cite the Obamas because this thread is not about the Obamas. In fact, had I have cited everyone who misappropriates funds, we'd have a list a mile long. Furthermore, I don't buy into the whole false left-right paradigm and therefore I don't feel the need to "balance" information accordingly. Had I done that, I would only be perpetuating such false arguments.

--airspoon

[edit on 1-9-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That's really all I have...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Says a guy who referenced the National Enquirer.

And? You ought to see some of the BS sources that come up on ATS as "serious".

Originally posted by airspoon
I didn't cite the Obamas because this thread is not about the Obamas. In fact, had I have cited everyone who misappropriates funds, we'd have a list a mile long. Furthermore, I don't buy into the whole false left-right paradigm and therefore I don't feel the need to "balance" information accordingly. Had I done that, I would only be perpetuating such false arguments.

Starting this thread that points out only Sarah Palin means you bought in the "left-right paradigm".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join