It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrifying Halloween Writing Contest [Winners Announced]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

Not to worry! really, just jump in and have fun with your creative flow. Maybe a horror about ATS members who in real life are ... You can even make up names rather than use real members, that is unless you want to.

Really, not to worry.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Regretfully I doubt I'll be participating in this one...I just can't write without inspiration.

Truly I must say, all the entries are outstanding so far. Bloody hell. Great work everyone!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thought it was time for another HORRIFIC BUMP in the night. There are some very good stories already, with lots of time to go.

HEY, people of ATS, is that the scribbling of pencils and typing of keys I hear???? Or the scraping and tapping of fingernails on your darkened bedroom window...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am surprised that there are not more entries, just popping in after a few days away from comp, so have not even had the chance to read all the entries yet, but yeah, *Bump* oh excuse me!

After reading a great Zane Grey short last night, I think a western horror would be very interesting.

Any takers?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Yes... it's puzzling. Perhaps there is a global crisis of 'writer's cramp' or 'creative miasma'.

Who knows what October may bring, though. I've high hopes.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
My daughter (cookie doodle) is writing a story. It's taking her a while (she's 14) but what I've read looks cute. It's all about what's important to kids ... candy!
I figure she'll be done with it sometime this week (depending on homework).

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Nothing lights a fire under a subject more than love. Looking forward to reading, FF.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I started one about this woman who murdered her boyfriend while on a road trip to Las Vegas. The next day she was touring the Hoover Dam when something horrible, humanoid with wings swept down from the sky and abducted her.

But then.........the boyfriend died such a bloody death that I just couldn't face it anymore. lol.
So it's in wordpad where it shall remain.

We'll start seeing more up in October when people get in a frightening mood.
I usually read them as they are posted, but I haven't even done that yet, except for a couple.
I will though.
Muhahahah.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I put in my submission last night. I actually started a different story but couldn't make it come together, then I trashed it and started this one I submitted and the words just spilled onto the word processor. It wrote itself. Hehehe, who wouldn't love to see The Jonas Brothers meet a gory and untimely death? LOL!
There are a lot of really good submissions this year and I enjoyed reading them all.

edit on 20-9-2010 by ldyserenity because: Punctuation

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Trick or treat comes to us by way of pagan cults - Worshipers of Satan. The earliest celebrations were held by Druids in honor of Shamhain, lord of the dead. They believed that Shamhain called together wicked spirits, fairies, witches and elves to harm people. To exorcise yourself of these ghosts, you set out a food treat. If you didn't, they would trick you. Druids might even ask for your child to sacrifice.

Jack-o-lantern is the ancient symbol of a dammed soul. Today Satan Worshipers have their highest Sabbath mass on the eve of October 31st; it ends on November 1st. To obtain the greatest power, perform the greatest sacrifice; humans are preferred above animals. This is the time to proclaim powers for control and leadership of the satanic realm of world systems.

Haunted houses are good places to get demons of fear, rebellion and unclean spirits. Orange, black and red are considered to be the Devil's colors. Children get demons and so do you when you surrender to Satan and partake of his worship!

To mask is to obscure the true identity of the reveler so that he/she can commit sin in secret. In 800 A.D. All Saints Day was established on November 1 to honor all dead saints; pretty clever of Satan! If we pray to dead saints we are into necromancy which God forbids us to do.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Squirt1

Thank you for your very scary views on the roots of Halloween and your added Calvinist demonization of the ancient Druids (of which very little is actually known). Grist for the short story mill.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Whew! With all the ATS 2010 changes today, it's been like being on a rollercoaster. I've been all over the place, so coming back here is like an oasis.

I'm ready to get on my broom and fly over to the short stories forum! Woo-hoo!

edit on 9/29/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: @Masqua:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

I'm ready to get on my broom and fly over to the short stories forum! Woo-hoo!

Well, alrighty then. Tell me about your broom... is it of American manufacture like mine or something from 'out there'?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cdff1bb506b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

What a broom you have my friend.
But tell me, does it have airborne capability?

Because my broom does. The handle was once used by my great grandmother who used it to stir her bubbling cauldren, but then her friend Agnes put a spell on it, and it began to fly, so the rest is history, as you should very well know.

It's of the more conventional variety, and also gets great mileage. Runs off the purrs of kittehs.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
What a broom you have my friend.
But tell me, does it have airborne capability?

Yes, it does. Especially if I go off a high cliff and the fuel doesn't run out. I find I get lift out of flapping my arms.

Landings can be difficult so I always try to land on the Death Valley salt flats.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Man, Masq! You've got some big flappin' arms! lol.
This, I would like to see. Perhaps in the fiction section?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I have a bunch of them... just look at my avatar.

When I land badly, my instinct is to curl all those tentacles into a ball and roll with the countryside.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
BUMPITY

I just posted my entry - Good Luck everybody.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

I just finished it and it is AWESOME.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It's really none of my beeswax, but I just wanted to remind everybody to remember to put [HHWC] in the title of your story, so we'll know for sure which ones are entries.

Thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join