It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body of MI6 worker Gareth Williams 'locked in bag'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Body of MI6 worker Gareth Williams

www.bbc.co.uk

The body of an MI6 employee found at his flat was padlocked into a sports bag, an inquest has heard.

Gareth Williams, 30, originally from Anglesey, was discovered dead in the bath at his home in Pimlico, west London, on 23 August.

A post-mortem examination was unable to establish how Mr Williams died.

At the opening of the inquest into his death at Westminster Coroner's Court, the coroner revealed the body was locked inside a sports holdall.

He worked at the government listening post GCHQ in Cheltenham and was on secondment to MI6's headquarters on the bank of the Thames in Londo
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-9-2010 by alienesque]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
strange...and what a horrible way to die...could be some criminal getting his own back for some reason...could also obviously have been committed by his own people...

be interesting to see how this folds out and whether or not the bbc mentions it again......i personally doubt we will hear much more of this..

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I guess that rules out suicide then

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

I have a theory on this, its a bit gruesome though. I heard he was found in a bag in the bath, but he wasnt dismembered.

My theory is that someone he knew killed him, took his body to the bath to cut it up so it is easier to dispose of but then couldnt bring themselves to do it so they just left him there still in the bag, in the bath. I reckon it may have been someone with a romantic interest in him, possibly also a close friend.

I dont really buy the job related murder thoeries. If someone wanted him dead, they could have hidden the body better if they had agency connections unless they wanted to send a message to somebody. In which case they would have done something more dramatic than just put him in a bag.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

There's some intriguing conversation regarding Gareth Williams in this thread ongoing.

The search function is your friend

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
My theory is that someone he knew killed him, took his body to the bath to cut it up so it is easier to dispose of but then couldnt bring themselves to do it so they just left him there still in the bag, in the bath. I reckon it may have been someone with a romantic interest in him, possibly also a close friend.

I think you watch to many crime shows.

You kill an MI6 agent in such a way not for personal reasons, but to make a statement. I would like to know how the media got enough word of this to report it, probably the first on scene as per the assassin's political goal.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion, thank you

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join