It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do highly educated, succesfull people conciously choose to worship satan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vonour
... Because... the knoweldge of satan .. Stands the test of time.. for with out the Knowledge of Satan .. Man .. would have never Known the true nature of Reality..
..Peace... I will see you throughout time..

Nice reply.
It truly is all about knowledge.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ProdigalSon

Yes knoweledge brings power
power brings wealth

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I'm in it for the young virgins.

Fair enough, the lederhosen are pretty uncomfortable and goat's blood kinda smells, but it's just a bit of fun really.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Its sad when grown adults talk about "angels", "satan" and all the other biblical characters as if they know them personally and discovered their 'secret plans', 'agendas', and 'goals' for us little peons of the universe.

They are fictional characters from a book that rewrote old mythical tall tales from earlier days.

But heck, lets just forget about studying the origins of the book we base everything on and let us rather go around chasing bogeymen and beleiving in all this fictional madness.

Yes thats not irrational at all. SIGH...*rolls eyes and shakes head for several seconds*

The book says right inside of it that it IS from 'God' so it MUST BE TRUE 100%. Sigh.

The Christmas story books also say Rudolph the red-nose-reindeer has a red nose, so YEP ITS TRUE.

Silly adults.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I have always found the Christian Religion, along with many others stifling and bigoted, this from a person who was raised strict Baptist. At a relatively young age, I stepped away and have never looked back, if I had I would not be where I am today, which is rich, successful, and well respected in my community. I have a wonderful life that is also rich in family and friends, whom I love and trust. I pity the people who FOCUS so much on religion that they forget to live, they lack many of the experiences that make me who I am. I give and donate my time to needy charities, and even am employed with one that I believe in strongly. I enjoy doing good things for people who need help.
I fail to see where religion has ANYTHING to do with the type of person you are. I theorize that it all depends on your inner personality, from start to finish. If you are a good person you are a good person, if your not, your not PERIOD. No all seeing being above can influence that. Nor can it influence your ability to be good if you have an evil nature-evil still rears its ugly head in less visible ways.
In my personal opinion religion is for weak minded people who let others who "claim" to know the will of some omnipotent being rule their lives, and tell them how to live.
The bible, the koran, the talmud , and all other religious documents, were ALL written by HUMANS, and HUMANS are fallible.
Pigeonholing all of humanity under any label is for the birds.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hm. I guess it's just a matter of personal perception.

You percieve devil-worshipers as smart and successful, while I perceive them as losers.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Interresting discussion...

But what I really would like to see is some names... You say 'some famous rich people' I say; who ?

The discussion could be more interresting if you could suply us with some names.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Consider this...

Do you feel a truly loving God would create souls only to burn them in eternal hellfire for not being 'perfect', for making mistakes/poor decisions? Or do you feel that a loving Creator would provide opportunity for redemption in mercy and compassion for troubled souls, 'His' children?

Worldly intellectualism and success doesn't equate to divine love. If we were all perfect loving beings, we wouldn't likely be here, for most are doing their 'time', here so to speak until they remember what they incarnated to do here in (love), knowing right from wrong intrinsically. Some will evolve faster than others. However there is always redemption for souls to embrace the light of love, even if a soul chooses the long road so to speak.

Therefore if 1 chooses to worship Satan or Lucifer etc and/or chooses a sinful/negative destructive lifestyle that only attaches dark entities to them, that is their own journey. There will be consequences and there will be mercy. We are not on the level to judge.

Accept the imperfection here, for it is imperfect by design. Just love All that is part of the Divine Creation, for love will truly set us free. Peace.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by benedict9]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

???
I don't get the question

Don't People with all levels of intellect worship Yaweh?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
you can't sell your soul to the devil i tried.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Because it temporary works in their benefit. It's not worshiping Satan himself either. Worshiping/Occultism is old and can actually bring upon good... however, folks, especially business folks, just let greed flow through them.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You ask why people would follow Satanism even though Christianity is based on a book that a man wrote (with many contradictions and errors). But I'm not here to try and disprove religion, because it's impossible, but you shouldn't make it seem like Christianity is a superior religion to all the others out there.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It's the same side, same, the catholich curch is full of ocult symbols.
They rule here on earth, everything is made up, one side is the good side one is the bad side. Satan or better put the the adversary team works for the anunaki, and the other side works for the anunaki ? there are always two teams playing in most of the games, sports, politics, it's a game. God is something else not part of any games. and they game humanity, and humanity falls for it every time.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
who are these people you speak of?
I can bet you they arent that educated.

believing in a satan before a god, think about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Why do they worship a god for which we have no proof for? Same reason really, they're looking for a purpose in life...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

so in a way are you saying...its almost like God is putting us to a test when he allows Satan to tempt us? I guess that could make sense to me anyway

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

Yes, yes that is what I'm saying. In Judaism Satan is a tempter and doing what he was command by God to do.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by css1981

A commenter before you asked the same question.....

and I answered...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Truly intelligent people do not worship anything or anyone .

Second lines are like second lanes ... a bottleneck is inevitable ...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

If by intelligent, you mean they accept all the 'education' that is blindly
thrown at them, I would have to disagree with the definition of intelligent.
Most academia blindly accept 'the Charles Darwin Theory of Evolution'.
If a person researches for theirself, they find out that Mr. Darwin wrote
an additional 15 books plus Origin of the Species; and he published a
notebook of notes along with every book he wrote. Mr. Darwin had started
his career of higher learning in England, but got busted for staying out past
curfew one night. His punishment was he could not leave for the next
four years, so he chose to leave, period. So much for his career as a
minister. Disappointed his dad, too (who was a minister).
So, off goes beach boy Chuckie to try to find some order in his world
where he was boss, and nobody else. Mr. Charles Darwin RECANTED
his 'theory' of evolution before he died, and said: "I firmly believe that
all human beings descended from Adam and Eve". End of Story

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join