It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are distinguished members who have contributed alot to this site over the last 5 years leaving?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
This moving threads to BTS to bury them theory seems flawed to me because even though BTS gets less traffic the threads remain visible for weeks on end ... if the wanted to 'bury' the subject they wouldn't they just close it?

I am not going to turn this into a big issue but, if I go on the chit chat forum I can't find this thread anywhere, you have to laugh :bash::bnghd:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Well, it is. Pranks like that happen all time. We are a conspiracy site, hoaxes are always occurring. There were far greater hoaxes then WITD - which included numerous forums. Isn't that apart of ATS history, or are you just selective? Surely newer members need to be informed about all hoaxes. Isn't that fair?
Ok, sure, if you know of any "greater hoaxes", point me to them, I will happily write a thread on them if one hasn't been done...but will those threads be closed? It should be perfectly fine to recount some ATS history...right?

May be this is why distinguished members leave. Irritation at those want to believe in external conspiracies about ATS, perhaps? I've lost count how many "The ATS Conspiracy thread" have been produced in the last seven years. It's an endless merry-go-around by those who believe EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.
I can say with almost complete certainty that would not be the reason. I have also been on ATS a while, and I have seen a few of the threads you speak about, but they have nothing to do with WITD or ATS history, and they hardly ever present any sort of rational argument or evidence, and if you actually read my thread on WITD I clearly state I'm unable to reach a conclusion, and I try to avoid including my personal opinion as much as possible.

This is the typical argument...you claim "it's not worth discussing"...or I just "want to believe anything"...you're missing the entire point...you are essentially saying it's fine to suppress the information and discussion of WITD, simply because you consider it something of past that we should just forget about, that is absolutely laughable!

[edit on 1/9/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
What was your point anyway?

My only point is that the thread is still available for discussion.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I don't believe myself or Freeborn (although I'm not speaking for him) said anything to the contrary?

Merely stated that less people have a chance to see, read and/or participate in this thread due to the fact that It's been moved to BTS.... which is what happens every single time a thread of a similar nature gets posted.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
you're missing the entire point...you are essentially saying it's fine to suppress the information and discussion of WITD, simply because you consider it something of past that we should just forget about, that is absolutely laughable!

Erm, no. The great irony is you desperately trying to believe something to be factual, when it isn't. That's not laughable, it is rather quite pathetic.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I just ooked at your closed thread. Very VERY interesting. I would like it to be reopened also.

This is the first time i have ever loged into BTS. Wow look what i can do
:shk:
:bnghd:
. This is kinda fun.

O yea.... What the hell happened to IRM? He was a bit snoody at times but the quality of his posts were outstanding. I really want an answer?? This is not a retorical question.

I cant spell by the way. o well

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I know blup, I am just a plebe member here I don't know what to tell you.

I just like BTS and sometimes the inference that it is a leper colony strikes me as unfair. that's all.

Plus how many times do we see complains about threads being in the wrong forum right? For better or for worse it seems to me that this is the appropriate forum to file this thread.

Meh, I'd rather discuss the thread topic anyway rather that staff actions, though I suspect you believe the two are inextricably related.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
O yea.... What the hell happened to IRM? He was a bit snoody at times but the quality of his posts were outstanding. I really want an answer?? This is not a retorical question.

Has he left or been banned or something?

I thought he was still here?

Hmmmm..... I like IRM, one of my first friends on here and very sarcastic and very much like me in a few ways... he rocks.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I am by no means a distinguished member

YeahYouAre!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It doesn't actually seem as though IRM is banned...check his profile www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where did these rumors come from?

I just ooked at your closed thread. Very VERY interesting. I would like it to be reopened also.
Thank you.

[edit on 1/9/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I just think we need one thread on ATS where people can talk about things... all manner of ATS related issues.... and NOT the ATS issues thread LOL.
Because even posts there are removed and people told to use the complaints feature via your member tools section.

They could make it like RATS so that it doesn't show up in searches and somehow "damage" the image of ATS.

I see many threads of a similar nature... as do many other members, so why not let people talk about stuff?
If anyone breaks the T&C then cool.... remove post and so on..... same with any thread.

[edit on 1/9/10 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I knew he was banned along with Doc Velocity. It sucks that there is no transparency here. Looks like were turning into what most of us come here to get away from.

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Erm, no. The great irony is you desperately trying to believe something to be factual, when it isn't. That's not laughable, it is rather quite pathetic.
Oh...so we are choosing to ignore facts to form an argument against me now? I wont be resorting to personal criticism, I'll just end my post here.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Well he was banned as of about a hour ago. Looks as it has been changed. Cause i know im not a loony. Weird.

MOTF!

link   
reply to post by CHA0S

CHAOS, with all due respect here's why your argument seems disingenuous.

The personal offense/affront you have taken by having your thread closed exceeds your interest in discussing its subject matter.

How de we know that?

Because many of the threads discussing the WITD event, including SO's which you have linked in your OP, are still open for comment.

Yet instead of contributing to those threads you are simply vexed that yours is closed ... thus as I said above, your interest in discussing the topic is obviously secondary.

Now, if you contribute your thoughts to those threads and they close them as a result your argument would have more merit.

Personally, considering the drama bomb associated with the topic I am surprised they haven't already closed them ... but at least they've been open long enough for you not to post in them, and in the process show your true priorities.

link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

I knew he was banned along with Doc Velocity. It sucks that there is no transparency here. Looks like were turning into what most of us come here to get away from.

MOTF!

Really? I just checked his profile and it doesn't say he's banned.... although that's not really an indication.

You do mean IRM as in InfaRedMan right?

Hmm..... I'll have to speak to him and see.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Yes that is exactly who i am talking about. I looked him up on the members list earlier when i had seen someone comment on his status and BOOM banned. Now it states he is a member. WTF is up?

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Guys, the thread was moved to the BTS Members forum because it is a thread about the members of the site.

Nothing more sinister than that. Its where the thread belonged in the first place - it most certainly did not belong in Skunkworks where it was opened.

It hasn't been "buried".

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The personal offense/affront you have taken by having your thread closed exceeds your interest in discussing its subject matter.
I haven't taken a personal offense...I am concerned...I just found it curious and quite coincidental, hypocritical, and disturbing at the same time. I am somewhat displeased/angry, but not offended. And I am not angry because it took me a while to research and write (well I am a little), but I have mainly become so concerned because I feel it was such an interesting an important topic, that to have it closed like that was just a big punch in the face to everything we stand for here.

Yet instead of contributing to those threads you are simply vexed that yours is closed ... thus as I said above, your interest in discussing the topic is obviously secondary.
As I said, the one made by SO was vague and missing many key peices of information, it just wasn't an adequate coverage of the entire story IMO, and the time felt right to bring it up for discussion. As I said on the last page:

even a moderately experienced member admitted to not having known about that crucial part of ATS history, many members using this forum at present have never heard of WITD, that's why I thought it appropriate to write a moderately detailed thread covering that aspect of ATS history, that and the existing thread on it was vague and missing many crucial points.

I was hardly going to write as much as I wrote, and then post it all on a thread many years old to have probably little or no response...is that not fair...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Well first I want to at this juncture, for what it is worth, give you a great deal of respect ... I was sitting here expecting you to go off on me.

I understand what you are saying C, but please reread what I said on that thread. I wasn't trying to suggest suppressing anything but I don't think you quite appreciate the toll that event, and others it triggered, took on ATS. Plus to be perfectly honest, considering you went and linked the AK site I'm surprised you're still with us.

It's not about suppression because as I said the other threads are still open for comment. Think of it this way, if a family suffers a personal tragedy, sometimes they just don't want it discussed in their home.

Now, can we talk about the topic of this thread before we all get the boot?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join