It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have found proof that freemasons are behind mtv!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar
Question is: If MTV Canada moved into the Masonic Temple, where did the Masons move to? Does it mean they had money problems....hard to imagine

Not hard to imagine at all. In fact that is probably what happened.
Why do you think they wouldn't have money problems?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Question is: If MTV Canada moved into the Masonic Temple, where did the Masons move to? Does it mean they had money problems....hard to imagine

The only thing I can think of is they moved to a bigger building and took a bigger chunk out of taxable land revenue.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

There's actually an article detailing the financial problems available here.

By 1993 operating losses, including interest, from 1980 to 1993 totaled $1,582,935. This amount plus the original debt of $300,000 roughly equated to the outstanding bank loan of $1,828,000...

In September 1993 a review of financial conditions indicated that bank debt was $1,828,000.00 and unpaid taxes $213,358.00, and the income shortfall for the 1st six months of 1993, $88,000.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Oh ok ..i was under the impression that Masons are powerful and rich people.

Someone i knew told me a story how he once got offered to take over (edit: own) a huge whole restaurant he was renting in downtown Budapest, if only he joined the masons and their cause. When he said: "you will never make the owner sell it to you", they replied : "it is an easy thing for us. we are powerful here. We watched you a long time and deem you worthy to join us " He rejected and moved away to a tropical island where i met him. I have no reasons to distrust him, since we were doing business on a professional level and had this chat during lunch and he seemed like an honest man.

Well i guess not all masonic lodges have rich, powerful and devoted members.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by nagabonar]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Hey nagabonar,

The Masons are not all powerful and rich.
The Lodge I used to belong to was mostly middle age to older men and the building was old and small.

One other thing. I think your friend was mistaken. masons are not allowed to approach anyone to join.
Tom

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
so freemasons are behind mtv?
then what?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
Kanye West is COOL! I like his music, music is GOOD!

[edit on 1-9-2010 by leira7]

Personally I think Kayne West would sell his soul to get to the top. He imo is a poser. He cries and whines when things don't go his way. I will change the channel or station if his music comes on. He would probably be alright if he never spoke in public because when he does he makes a fool out of himself almost everytime.

OP~ I don't think there is anything to that symbol being there since someone already mentioned it was a Masons lodge previously.

I do think MTV is crap now a days, they even took the MUSIC part out their name. I remember when all they played was music, now it's underage teens getting knocked up and bragging about it or engaged and underage or 16 year old spoiled brats throwing lavish parties and cursing their parents out cause they didn't get the car they wanted or...dont even get me started on The Jersey Shore, that is the most vile piece of trash on tv right now. I can't believe people watch that show. MTV is no longer the MTV most grew up with. It's something completely different. It's trash. If I had kids they would not be allowed to watch this channel at all.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

One other thing. I think your friend was mistaken. masons are not allowed to approach anyone to join.

hmm i doubt that, since masons have websites ...if not for the purpose of advertising their cause and asking people to join, than for what cause?

for instance take the website www.nymasons.org... , the New york mason lodge website, on bold letters it advertises: Camp Turk - The Masonic Youth Camp - SIGN UP NOW ....or the following URL explains in detail how to become a mason, written by the NY Grand Lodge? NYMASONS.ORG

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
freemasonry killed the video star... oh oh...

first music video shown on mtv:

1."Video Killed The Radio Star" by The Buggles - MTV Video
2."You Better Run" by Pat Benatar - MTV Video
3."She Won't Dance with Me" by Rod Stewart - MTV Video
4."You Better You Bet" by The Who - MTV Video
5."Little Suzi's on the Up" by Ph.D. - MTV Video
6."We Don't Talk Anymore" by Cliff Richard - MTV Video
7."Brass in Pocket" by The Pretenders - MTV Video
8."Time Heals" by Todd Rundgren - MTV Video
9."Take It On the Run" by REO Speedwagon - MTV Video
10."Rockin' the Paradise" by Styx - MTV Video
more: en.wikipedia.org...

how many of the above are/were freemasons?

what was the 33rd video shown on MTV?

Carly Simon - Vengeance
"that's the law"...

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

DANGIT! Beat me to it!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Theproofessor

Well since there are no debates on this subject I must just say you caught us.

After recruiting 3.5 million members and building cult houses in every town in America (along with 22 charity hospitals with a half-billion dollar budget every year) we finally decided the best way to rule the world was to place an obscure symbol in a stupid music video.

Of course it could be the non-masons trying to imply the masons are behind it.

OR it could be the high-level masons manipulating the non-masons so they place blame on the low-level masons in order to recruit through reverse psychology...

wait a minute... MTV plays music videos?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by electropopIt would be cool to buy a Masonic Temple to live in. I've also always thought an old church would be cool to own. I'm not religious, just for the unusual ambiance and architecture. And a good way to drive your interior decorator nuts.
A friend of mine used to live in an old lodge building. It was pretty cool... 18 foot ceilings, if I recall correctly. The whole thing had been divided up into 4 townhouses...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

hmm i doubt that, since masons have websites ...if not for the purpose of advertising their cause and asking people to join, than for what cause?
There's a huge difference between Masons asking a person to join and a person coming to Masonry saying they want to join. One of the fundamental laws of Freemasonry is that the candidate has to come to us of his own free will. Also, the motto commonly bandied about is "2B1ASK1" or "to be one, ask one". You have to ask us for a petition. It would be in poor form for us to actively recruit you.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ill end this right now, i live in canada and one day i drove past a big ol lodge, right smack above it was the "MTV" sign, if they were really working together on a world overtaking scheme, would they make it so obvious? The truth is MTV used that lodge for one of its shows, and they probably thought putting a freemason symbol in their shows would be some form of repayment, or quite possibly the show you watched WAS THE ONE FILMED IN THE LODGE, therefore explaining the masonic symbol.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

while you are free to believe anything you like, I will tell you that some masonic organizations have been deeply affected by the economic downturn. In a meeting last night I found out that quite a few Scottish rite valleys had sold their buildings and now meet in regular Blue lodges. We were discussing the cost of some repairs to our valley's building when this came up. So I can completely see that they sold their building to recoup their losses and MTV happened to purchase the building.

Or we are evil and in control of everything and will soon announce official world domination.

You decide.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
Ill end this right now, i live in canada and one day i drove past a big ol lodge, right smack above it was the "MTV" sign, if they were really working together on a world overtaking scheme, would they make it so obvious? The truth is MTV used that lodge for one of its shows, and they probably thought putting a freemason symbol in their shows would be some form of repayment, or quite possibly the show you watched WAS THE ONE FILMED IN THE LODGE, therefore explaining the masonic symbol.

I call Shenanigans.

Post a picture or it didn't happen.

To quote: "No debates"

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You must mean this one:

CTV Lodge

In other words the one MTV bought from the Masons.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
To wit, the history of the building:

The Masonic Temple, also known as the CTV Temple or the MTV Temple, is a four-storey building located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, on the north-west corner of Davenport Road and Yonge Street.

Construction began early in 1917, the Masonic ceremony of laying the cornerstone occurring November 17, 1917 and the first Lodge meeting taking place on New Year's Day, 1918.[1]

At its peak, the Masonic Temple was home to 38 different Masonic bodies: 27 Craft Lodges, 6 Chapters (York Rite), 2 Preceptories (Knights Templar), 2 Scottish Rite Bodies and Adoniram Council.[2]

In the years before its sale to CTV, it had been known as the Concert Hall, and the Rockpile (a nightclub). It was home to Toronto's first Led Zeppelin concert, which took place Sunday February 2, 1969 during the band's first North American Tour.

It is of historic significance and was added to the City of Toronto's Inventory of Heritage Properties in 1974 and was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act in 1997. [3]

The building has changed hands a number of times, and in 1997 was threatened with demolition. A developer had planned a new highrise residential building marketed to Asians, solely to exploit its "lucky" address of 888 Yonge Street.[citation needed]

In the 1990s, the studio was home of Open Mike with Mike Bullard and one of CTV Toronto's news bureaus, and was rented as a rehearsal venue by the Rolling Stones. In March 2006, the building became the broadcast home of the new MTV Canada.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It's not a masonic temple. It was a masonic temple. After that it was a nightclub, then CTV studios, then MTV studios. It's just a building.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
And more, from a member of the Board of Directors of said temple:

In late March 1994 an unsolicited offer for $2.2 million was received. This offer contained terms that would have permitted the existing Masonic Tenants to remain in the building for at least 10 more years with reasonable rental rates. The buyer wanted to use the basement area and concert hall for non-Masonic purposes. This offer was accepted by the directors but declined by The Bank as insufficient since they still would have to write-off a portion of the interest on their loan.

With no solution in sight the Masonic tenants were notified and began an orderly removal of their assets during June of 1994. Masonic assets not belonging to any particular lodge and not the property of the Masonic Temple Corporation were also removed at this time.

The most valuable Masonic items, including the paintings of the Grand Masters, were transferred to Grand Lodge in Hamilton.

A tale of two temples

I have nothing further and I rest my case. Time for the HOAX tag.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
I call Shenanigans.

Post a picture or it didn't happen.

To quote: "No debates"
Nah, here's the picture. It was in another thread a few weeks back...

My impression is that it's painted on the brick wall at the back of the stage in what used to be the concert hall, and is now used as one of their studios for filming.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join