It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miguel or Mohammed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I have worked in resturants for many years and over the past decade have become more and more used to (illegal) immigrants working alongside americans,especially in the kitchen. Anyone working in a resturant by this time speaks at least some spanish, if not fluent spanish. I have noticed though over the past few years more and more "Mexicans" who can speak neither english nor spanish. I have also noticed that these newer immigrants look suspiciously middle eastern. Would tptb purposefully ignore border defiencies and immigration laws to allow terrorist groups to easily infiltrate our society and workforce? I mean one dishwasher supposedly from mexico, seems not to understand the simplist spanish words and when they are translated for him he just kind of mumbles in broken english like "oh yeah, that's right." He also appears middle eastern to such extent that one of the managers has nicked named him Saddam. Has anyone else noticed this? I know a few of us in food service have, what about anyone else out there in child care, house cleaning, or construction?

[edit on 1-9-2010 by abe froman]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It's funny you should post this. I worked with a guy that claimed to be from Mexico but had no accent. He sounded a little middle eastern and looked it. Also, he had a thing for Taco Bell. That might sound like nothing but most people I know from Mexico hate it. They loathe Taco Bell and say it's not real Mexican food and can barely be called food.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

how recently was this? and in what job field?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Considering what happened to Jean Charles de Menezes, I guess it is easy to confuse South Americans and Middle-easterners, but seeing the results in the same link, we should be careful.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

my idea is not mistaken identity, but purposely pretending to be mexican when in fact they may be terrorist sleeper cell members

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Just because one is of middle eastern heritage does not make them a terrorist....

I'm not sure I would blame a Arab person for pretending to be Hispanic.

It's rough being Arab in America these days.

Hispanics get more of a fair shake...although not completely fair

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
we had a situation like this a few years agp at my work. A manager was fired actually for making the comment "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out". Turns out the guy was neither middle eastern or a spanish speaker, he was Brazilian

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I think I may have been a little misunderstood here, I think TERRORISTS are coming through our very weak southern borders pretending to be Mexicans and are among us now.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
A couple people have already suggested that the person you refer to could be Brazilian and speak Portuguese; it's also possible that he speaks one of the indigenous languages of Mexico.

Back in the early 90s I spent a summer in a small Mayan village in Chiapas. The people there typically spoke very little Spanish, and emigration to the U.S. was increasingly common.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It's my understanding that illegal immigrants from Brazil are very uncommon. Brazil, Chile, and Argentina send very few illegals to the US.

As AmericanDingBat said, it's more then likely he was from one of the indigenous groups of Mexico, Guatemala, etc - they barely speak Spanish. They are also becoming an increasingly common in the US.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
I think I may have been a little misunderstood here, I think TERRORISTS are coming through our very weak southern borders pretending to be Mexicans and are among us now.

So where's the "terror" then?

Terrorists are supposed to scare people.

Are they terrorizing the customers on the sly?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

SLEEPER cells

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

It was in the past few months. The job was cleaning. Which, if you think about it, it's the perfect job for those that have nefarious intentions. You're alone in a building and have access to files.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
i had an american friend who recently used a similar position for a similar purpose.

new topics

top topics

join