It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not guilty. The Israeli captain who emptied his rifle into a Palestinian schoolgirl

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This story reinforces the question in my mind of the existance of evil. I believe Satan exists.

What I wonder is the extent of his manefestation. Can people be possessed by evil spirits or Satan himself? Who is at risk? Are we all influenced or under attack. Do the thoughts and actions of people around us draw more evil to the environment? Could the actions of a govt damn its citizens to greater influence or attacks from the dark side?

If these questions could be answered in the affirmative, I could see how akmadenajad could argue for the removal of the israeli govt.

The torrah, bible and koran all mention possession by evil spirits. I can't imagine for a second what it must be like to be in the IDF, surrounded by suicide bombers and the fear and hatred it would cause.

Humankind cannot survive in this environment. I don't have the answer but I think the writing is on the wall.

There is a powerful force trying to start WWIII with christians and jews against muslims.

I would wager every cent that the same forces are financing the mosque in NYC and that leaders of the US, israel and saudi arabia have a hand in it.

Don't fall for the hatred. Don't hate jews or muslims. Don't give a crap about the mosque. Its all a trap to start another war. Wake the fk up

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

And YOU know what God is thinking, how? When you talk to him, get me today's PowerBall numbers.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesignmaster

What a stupid remark to make. Remove all the mosques. The lsraelies are doing a good job on that right now. The only time there will ever be peace in the middle east is if some really good alien race whisked all the lsraelies off to the other side of the universe, that way the US would no longer be under the control of lsrael and the world would start to know peace. The people that condone these unholy acts have no souls, there is just a large black hole where no self respecting soul would ever want to occupy.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

How sad... I wonder how much of this Israeli captain was brainwashed into believing this was OK to do, and how much he (in his own mind/heart) believes it's OK to do...

Sadly I think it's more of the latter these days... you grow up around horrible acts of violence and you start to believe it's alright - but there is no excuse for hurting another human being who shows no apparent threat to you whatsoever.

Protect yourself and your loved ones at all costs - that's what I believe in - anything more is crossing the line.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
How soon we forget....

It's a story the U.S. Army tried to keep secret for more than three decades. An elite U.S. platoon called Tiger Force murdered, tortured and mutilated the bodies of civilian men, women and children in the Central Highlands of South Vietnam.

From Alan Clapp of Massachusetts: “It's easy to pass judgment from an air conditioned office. In that war everyone was a potential enemy. Soldiers were killed by bombs in baby carriages. Why not report on the atrocities done by the enemy.”

www.globaljournalist.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
The majority of us are disgusted by the actions of this soldier and the fact that he was found not guilty.

However in the eyes of a few that somehow makes us bigoted Nazi Jew haters.

How does that work?

I agree this was wrong. I don't know the whole story because it's not posted; only a small part of the story, but it sounds bad.

I think the problem is that we never see the people who are constantly in attack mode against the Jews launch a similar attack when Hamas commits an atrocity like hiding behind women and children or firing missiles into residential areas.

The fact many only point out and condemn the actions of one side and not the other would seem to be fairly good proof that some are just plain old Anti-Semite Jew haters. Otherwise they would be just as quick to condemn Terrorist acts by Hamas.

Perhaps if instead of just attacking the "Evil Zionists", people would demonstrate their views are legitimate by also showing their anger at the atrocities committed by the other side, they would be believable?

Since this old story popped up today, it is clearly intended to derail the peace talks. ...and yes, both sides are equally guilty of doing it.

Perhaps the name calling would stop if people were honest enough to admit both sides are out of their flipping minds and stop defending evil committed by either side. When a person defends what Hamas does and only condemns what Israel does, its very reasonable to assume they are in fact simple Jew Haters propagandizing for Hamas out of pure bigotry against all Jews.

You have to admit the shear number of these threads is beginning to paint a picture and its not a pretty one.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Have you read the trial transcripts, or all you do is based on news reports to get all the facts?. you obviously went through a lot of digging to find yet another story against Zionists.

I wonder, when was the last time you condemned the murder of Israelis?

Shalhevet Pass was shot in the . and killed by a Palestinian sniper while seated in her stroller.

en.wikipedia.org...

A Palestinian wielding an axe and a knife killed a 13-year-old Israeli youngster and wounded a seven-year-old boy

www.vosizneias.com...

Five dead including a mother and her two young children. They were still in bed when the
Palestinian shot them point blank.

www.israelnewsagency.com...

These are just three incidents out of an extremely long list of similar events.

Good luck with you hypocrisy endevor.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Please stop making excuses for them. l take it you didnt watch the 22 days of the Gaza war. l did. it was 22 days of killing innocent women and children. continuous spraying of white phospherous bombs, babies shot close range in their cots. Zippy Livney laughing and congratulating the ldf for a job well done, after the war. sorry, did l say war? is it a war if you suddenly appear and kill near on 2,000 innocent people who have no way of defending themselves in an open air concentration camp. There is no defence for these things. So dont even go there.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Well, the fact that you were trained to do it doesn't make it right or less sickening. It just goes to show the psychotic, murderous mentality which is inculcated in the IDF...it's called dehumanizing, turning men and women into monsters.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I take it most of you have never fired a class 3/automatic weapon before? It's not like hollywood, you can empty a magazine with one pull in a matter of seconds. An ak47 (which he wasnt even using) has a relatively slow fire rate of 600 rounds per minute. Do the math, that means 10 rounds a second, so a standard 30 round clip can be emptied in 3 seconds.

Regardless, I will stick to my old tried and true arguement. Why do most of you even care? You don't believe in absolute truth, nor a moral law giver that is the standard for good. You believe we are all just evolved pond scum, nothing happens when you die, survival of the fittest blah blah blah. Why does "murder" even matter in your worldview? Since nothing is absolute, why not cause pain and suffering, its just as good as anything else.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ong Bak
how novel!
a thread bashing isreal/jews on ATS filled with comments posted by hate mongers and overgrown boyscouts .
go find a hobby.

So you have no opinion on the actual story, and can't find a way to defend Israel in this, so you decided to call out those people who do have an actual opinion? Go you! You bright shining star and example of human spirit! If only we could all believe so blindly in a group of US supported terrorists. I admire you, and hope that someday, I can be just like you.

I feel bad for the guy in the story. He was in between the rock and a hard place. Do you shoot a 13 year old girl even though you know she is no threat, or do you let her go and end up having the IDF brass on you fat kids on a cupcake? Tough choice. As hard as it would be, I would probably have made the same choice. He still has to go home at the end of the day and live in an Israeli community. What kind of life would have once word got out he didn't follow orders? We can all sit here and condemn him all we want, but at the end of the day we were not in his shoes and never had to make that choice.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No matter how you paint it or which side you lean towards, its all a horror story.

There are always two sides to every story and ignoring one side over the other is definitive bigotry.

When one of my neighbors came home from Vietnam, he told me a story that made my skin crawl. It destroyed him mentally and he never did recover fully.

The Platoon he was in had a young boy who would come in to their camp everyday and shine their boots for food and candy. He said this went on for about a month and it got to the point this small child was a common sight and everyone would give him food to take home to his family.

He said that one day the boy was walking towards him and reached inside his clothing, pulled out a grenade and pulled the pin a few feet away from him. He said he shot him just before he threw the grenade at him. He broke down in tears sitting in front of me and wept for an hour.

I think of him telling me about this that day often. It's one of the reasons I joined into the anti-war protests in College. There are no winners in war.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

the thing i find intresting is these people cant find any valid reason to justify the murder and crimes of their beloved israel that all they can fall back on is trying to degrade the people they disagree with is with their usless rants and name calling and how they will tell their moms and so on

circus show in action priceless

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rrobbins

Don't let the door hit you.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ong Bak
how novel!
a thread bashing isreal/jews on ATS filled with comments posted by hate mongers and overgrown boyscouts .
go find a hobby.

Come on then Ong Bak-tell us when is it acceptable to believe that killing children is fine.
Denouncing the shooting of children is not anti semitic you know.

Hate mongers?

Or folks who wish to stop people killing each other whatever the motives?

Bashing Israel?-NO. Bashing those who pervert the very state of Israel to kill children under "Law" ??

Maybe.

Enjoy your viewpoint on life.Hope it works,

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

you cant really compare him to this israeli,
your neigbour showed remorse and had no choice, it was either him and his friends or the kid with a granade

this solider had a choice and he showed his true colours
dont know how you can compare them two (if you arent then sorry)

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Outright murder of children is never a pretty sight.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
Have you read the trial transcripts, or all you do is based on news reports to get all the facts?. you obviously went through a lot of digging to find yet another story against Zionists.

I wonder, when was the last time you condemned the murder of Israelis?

Shalhevet Pass was shot in the . and killed by a Palestinian sniper while seated in her stroller.

en.wikipedia.org...

A Palestinian wielding an axe and a knife killed a 13-year-old Israeli youngster and wounded a seven-year-old boy

www.vosizneias.com...

Five dead including a mother and her two young children. They were still in bed when the
Palestinian shot them point blank.

www.israelnewsagency.com...

These are just three incidents out of an extremely long list of similar events.

Good luck with you hypocrisy endevor.

How does any of that justify emptying an entire magazine into a 13 year old girl?? Of course those atrocities are bad, but it seems there's virtually no difference anymore between Muslim extremists and Israeli soldiers...they turned into what they claim to hate.

The Israeli government is a band of racist assholes that deserve to be shot, just like all Muslim extremists deserve to be shot.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
All this in the name of religion? When will logical people realize that religion has caused nothing but hatred, bigotry, murder and wars around the world. To kill anyone in the name of a loving God is just so hypocritical and plain stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join