Not guilty. The Israeli captain who emptied his rifle into a Palestinian schoolgirl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Is it unfortunate that the girl died? Yes. Death is never a great thing. But how you can allow your misguided bigotry to call it murder?

COME ON.

She's in a "no no zone" with a backpack, not listening to instructions.

First off
From everything I can find...bad shooting. Yes she was in a DMZ zone, but she was shot even after she fled wounded without the backpack...and shot something like 17 times, a few at close range to confirm kill...though I will say this, approaching a body and verifying a kill via bullets is common practice with US military as well.

Still a Bad shooting IMO...the officer said that anything moving in the DMZ was to be killed. He followed orders, I question those orders, the policy at the time etc. Even in the military you have to cling to some shred of your humanity.

More detail here..
en.wikipedia.org...

SECONDLY

A whole crap storm occured inside the Israili Military...including several Israeli officers and politicians calling for the Officers head etc. Multiple investigations occured by Israeli Military and Civil Courts and Outrage amongst Israeli's...Think OJ Simpson.

So the whole Israel as a monolithic evil bit doesn't seem to fly with me.

THIRDLY

THIS OCCURED IN 2004...the ARTICLE WAS FIRST POSTED in 2005..

Strange that the OP doesn't state this?

[edit on 1-9-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSworn

Children get killed everyday, In Iraq, Palestine, Africa, China, and in many povershed countries, now think about... what if that girl was a prostitute? what if that girl was selling drugs?

Children do get killed every day-but rarely like this.A full mag on a 13 year old girl...premeditated.

so what if she was a prostitute or selling drugs?

That makes it ok to gun her down?Or maybe as shes 13 someone should help her?

What if she was deaf or perish the thought,just taking a shortcut home or to school?

I guess its fine to go ahead and blow her brains into the dirt anyway...any damn excuse seems ok to you.

At least your'e still breathing,thats the main thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

wow- old news or not- wow. I do not support israel. I think they have a right to be a nation just like anyone else, but I do not think they should rely on us for support in their occupation. I know they are in a pickle over there and sometimes they require extreme measures, most of which I do not agree on, but I'm not there either, so I cannot make a difinitive call on most of the propaganda coming out of the region. What I cannot understand is that after two kill shots to the head why this guy would then hose her down. when things like this happen, I always find myself wishing the person who did it to have to one day face the same thing, maybe one day in the future his daughter will wander into a "no-go" area and then have a machine gun turned on her. the whole palestinian-israeli thing aside, wtf? All empires at one point collapse- and when its israel's turn, well if you thought they're first go around was bad, the next one will be downright ugly. That whole area over there is nothing but a long drawn out stand off- it will not end well- for anyone

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

"Illegal use of a firearm" and 'conduct unbecoming an officer"

Unfortunately, zionists, not jews, interpret this in a different way.
"Legal use of a firearm" and "conduct becoming of an officer".

They may view their brethren as 'dogs' though the DNA tells a different story. I advise they 'Check' themselves for their own Good.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Another case of it's ok because it's not my child.

I bet more than a few revenge attacks were carried out - So yeah you killed someones little girl and probably brought death to your countrymen

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rrobbins

Member is offline.

Ignore this user (info)
ignore

posted on 1-9-2010 @ 05:50 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

You posted:
Hmm.. Every time I visit this site, there is at least one "Jews are bad killing palestinians"

Perhaps you should re read the thread a little more carefully. No one is talking about Jews. In fact it was a Druze that murdered the little girl not a Jew. But the persons religion matters little and has nothing to do with why she was killed. She was killed because it is IDF policy to kill ,as the commander so states, anything that moves, even a three year old. This thread is about opposing such a view. The IDF happens to be Israels army. Should such a barbaric act not be condemned simply because it was perpetrated by Israels army?

I do not recall reading a single post in this thread condemning Jews but almost every post condemns this senseless killing as every moral person, gentile or Jew should. As you should. At the moment the child was killed she was 100 meters away thats 325 feet. How she was killed was quite brutal. She was sprayed with a magazine of 17 bullets and as her lifeless body fell to the ground the Captain ran over to her body and fired an additional two rounds into her head to "confirm" the kill.

So, if as you say everytime you visit this site there is at least one thread about Jews killing Palestinians then perhaps the message is Israel is perpetuating many atrocities on the Palestinians. I imagine after WW2 Germany had it's defenders too.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Be happy to enlighten you.
Israel has hundreds of what they call "exclusion zones" where Palestinians are prohibited. Sometimes they are marked sometimes they are not. Generally the zones are 100 meters or more from an area the IDF doesn;t want Palestinians to approach. These zones are most often just off streets used by the Palestinians to travel to school, for instance. The moment they step one centimeter within the zone they become a potential target. Most commanders do not fire unless a Palestinian ventures well into the zone and seems to represent a clear and present danger. Hope that clears it up for you.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The majority of us are disgusted by the actions of this soldier and the fact that he was found not guilty.

However in the eyes of a few that somehow makes us bigoted Nazi Jew haters.

How does that work?

If I was to take that line of reasoning then am I to asume you're a child muderer and that you derive pleasure from the murder of children?

I couldn't care less what nationality the soldier was, I would still be shocked and appalled by this story.

I can't actually believe people are trying to come on here and paint us as Jews haters or anti-semites.

Yes the article is old. Doesn't make it any less relevant though.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well that's not quite the story I wanted to wake up to this afternoon, but so be it I guess.

To start, all those attempting to push this Anti-Jew sentiment onto us, you are wrong, and please READ the thread before you actually fly off the handle and make silly comments.

I guess I can sort of see why he would have been acquitted as it was a DMZ and the orders etc. A whole clip though? I mean really? In the back as well?

It sounds so barbaric and unnecessary. Is the IDF such bad shots that they can't accurately shoot one little girl without emptying a whole clip?

I don't support Israel or her genocidal regime and policies. History has a way of taking care of tyrants however, and she's probably next.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProdigalSon
oh no,
not again,
the 1.000.000-th thread bashing israel.

no no....you've got it wrong.....it's actually a thread about how an Israeli captain, emptied a magazine from his military issued weapon, into a 13yo girl carrying a book bag.

then justified it by saying it "didn't matter if it's a 3yo, if it moves, kill it."
he got off scott free...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So are we just ignoring the fact that they rocket israel almost daily? Use children to carry bombs against innocent israelis? Or that the same islamic retards in the middle east use their children to kill american soldiers by spying or using them as shields?

and what about this?
Hamas murders 4 israelis
www.mirror.co.uk...

Arabs reject offer to create palestinian state in 1948
www.mtexpress.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
www.guardian.co.uk...

army's official account said that Iman was shot for crossing into a security zone carrying her schoolbag which soldiers feared might contain a bomb. It is still not known why the girl ventured into the area

I have to say i side with the IDF on this one. They established a security zone in which patrons knew not to go in there, And in that region children have been known to be suicide bombers. When in a situation like that its easy to look back with 20/20 hindsight and say here is what he did wrong and he did wrong such and such. should this girl have been killed...maybe and maybe not. fact is when your country is attacked over and over with suicide bombers and radical muslims you don't question a little girl with a backpack heading towards you breaching a security zone. Any other country would do the same under the same circumstances Israel is under.

Maybe not... Consider that the schoolback wasn't with the girl and was shot. No explosives. She was going back, leaving the 'zone' so shooting at that point was unjust and a plain murder.
for trying to defend this action and everyone else on the thread whose done the same.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rrobbins

Why does the truth worry you so much. ls it because you are ashamed? you have the same right as any other person on this site to voice your opinions. to call People on here names is childish to say the least. maybe you are afraid that the truth is mightier than the gun.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
"An Israeli army officer who fired the entire magazine of his automatic rifle into a 13-year-old Palestinian girl and then said he would have done the same even if she had been three years old was acquitted on all charges by a military court yesterday"

www.guardian.co.uk...

The charges were "Illegal use of a firearm" and 'conduct unbecoming an officer" Seems to me murder would have been the correct charge. Now before everyone gets up in arms about "murdering Jews" let me point out this Captain was a Druze NOT a Jew. The IDF is trained to do exactly as this soldier did. This sort of thing happens quire often and most generally charges are never brought.

His actions would of even shamed the SS killing squads of WW2 I'd wager...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
The majority of us are disgusted by the actions of this soldier and the fact that he was found not guilty.

However in the eyes of a few that somehow makes us bigoted Nazi Jew haters.

How does that work?

Its quite simple as I am sure you know-the IDF and co has a formidable propaganda budget,and they are not shy about sending folks into online communities to spread their version of the truth,while using the anti semitism defense for any who oppose them.

Before anyone starts calling me a nazi-The israelis are far from the only people who do this.In fact most countries/states do the same.

We Brits for example,are a dab hand at manipulating the truth when it suits us.
So are the USA.
Etc.

Thing to remember in this case is that this soldier feels he is "innocent" of any crime as he was commanded o carry out his orders.

Now I have read of such defense throughout history,and it never excuses such behaviour.Think Nuremburg trials.

You simply do not EVER shoot a young girl who is running away from you.
Not if you have any concept of honour and compassion.

A true soldier would never have commited this atrocity IMO.

He should be taken to the international court in the Hauge IMO.For his own people have let him off with a promotion of all things..

And that poor girl-she will never get to live her life which she deserved.
Instead she dies in terror on her way home.

SCREW ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS OK.
THIS IS NOT HOW WE SHOULD BEHAVE TO ONE ANOTHER.

Only sick people behave in this manner.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rrobbins
Hmm.. Every time I visit this site, there is at least one "Jews are bad killing palestinians" thread. I think this site needs to change it's name to reflect it's clear anti israel bias. I have news for you, siding with the palestinians is a losing bet. But whatever. Apparently you have not been paying attention, terrorists are using women and children to deliver suicide bombs. There is a war going on.

I wont be back to this site. You people are paranoid losers.

Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you in the butt.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
One must wonder why you chose to recycle a report from 2005.
My guess is, to balance the acts of those you always apologize for, those who are responsible for the murder of Israelis last night, among them a pregnant woman. Those you never have the decency to condemn, no matter what. You wear the blinds of hate. You are part of the problem.

For those interested, this is how it looks like from a birds eye view.
Riddle me this: if she was on her way to school as her parents stated, what on earth was she doing a a stone throw away from the IDF post?
View this fact in context and time, where countless suicide bombers operating, including women and children.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

A stones throw away? Well Grav, First,
the child was 100 meters thats 325 ft hardley a stones throw!

Second, When she was shot she had dropped her knapsack and turned around exiting the area.

Third, she was shot in the back 17 times

Fourth, The commander that killed her was told its just a frieghtened little girl and she is leaving the area. He shot her anyway.

fifth, The commander was not only found not guilty but awarded 80,000 shekels for his service and 3000 shekels for legal fees.

Sixth, the commander was a druze, not a Jew.

This happened in 2005 but I found it for the first time this morning and believed it was relavent because killings of Palestinians happen daily.
I would also condemn the senseless killings of the settlers by the terrorist group- Hamas.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by gem_man]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

What utter rot. You actually defend the actions of this coward. SHAME ON YOU. even had she been a three year old you would defend it. You are a coward sir, of the worst kind, as are the others that think the same as you. A same on humanity.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
Nazi Jew hating will never cease to amaze me * * * .

"Nazi jew hating???"

What's amazing, and disturbing, is your selective cherry picking attention to details. She was scared to death and running away defensively, i.e. not posing a threat to anyone. The child made a mistake. They murdered her. They had no reason to shoot her. But, it was Israel that killed her, so it's OK in your mind? After all, she was a Palestinian female child, and you know what they do when they grow up!

[edit on 9/1/2010 by dubiousone]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join