It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murkowski Concedes GOP Senate Race to Miller

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Art is in the eye of the beholder, and this helps students out by having them be creative.

And cutting the budget of the Department of Education? Why in the name of God would he want to do that? Students are hurt, as are teachers.

Pft...

And so in this era of state and local governments (plus even the feds) shutting down for lack of money we need to protect funding for the arts above things like police and fire protection?

That's just crazy thinking - and quite elitist.

Oh, and since when does just one person (besides obama) have the power to shut down any government agency?

Try a chill pill ...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

How WONDERFUL!

So, Alaska loses a moderate Republican to this crazy, Tea-backing wacko. Yes, OP, he's a wacko...

I'm guessing you don't live here so you don't know your above statement is a bald faced lie. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your a person who serves your masters in the DNC and don't think or do research for yourself.

By the way, I'm not a Republican. I think both Parties are corrupt beyond repair. I do like Miller though and he is qualified. He has nothing in his background for you to base your venom on. Who told you this, Howard Dean

God I hate people who will make things up or lie for their Party and let them do their thinking for them.

Of course you're not a Republican. Alaska LOST a moderate Republican, and you're rooting for this guy.

I'll make no attempts at what you are, but by guessing I'd say conservative, both fiscal and social.

And I base my "venom" on his supporting his views. Such as opposing federal hate laws? That's quite horrible. Those laws give protection to many different peoples.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by Mak Manto

The Department of Education is unConstitutional.

In my eyes, it should be ELIMINATED. Period.

Show me the Constitutional mandated power for the feds to do anything with education.

Oh, I forgot, you want the federal government to do ANYTHING it wants.

Hey, are you this guy?

Get back to work Stark, coming up with some more rights to takeover!

Of course I don't want them to do anything they want. Yet I believe in a living Constitution.

Though, I am a self-described liberal, and I do like Pete Stark. We on the left have focused hard on the rights of the people in this country, on focusing to help others.

The right has it that if you're suffering, it's your own fault and you shouldn't be given any help...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Art is in the eye of the beholder, and this helps students out by having them be creative.

And cutting the budget of the Department of Education? Why in the name of God would he want to do that? Students are hurt, as are teachers.

Pft...

And so in this era of state and local governments (plus even the feds) shutting down for lack of money we need to protect funding for the arts above things like police and fire protection?

That's just crazy thinking - and quite elitist.

Oh, and since when does just one person (besides Obama) have the power to shut down any government agency?

Try a chill pill ...

He didn't say anything about shutting it down. He said he wanted to cut the budget.

And elitist... I work hard to get the things I need in my life. Elitists are people who come from money or have some sort of power. I don't.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Funny how you say the left or liberal leaning has protected our rights.

Explain exactly what rights they have protected.

Life, Liberty, how bout property rights?

Oh, silly me, you are all about taking my economic freedoms.

For the good of the collective right?

Seems to me, we are in a quandary now. The government, the fed, the state, the local are all BROKE.

How do you suggest we deal with that, hmmmm?

Libertarian and TRUE Constitutionalist here.

Do not like the Constitution, how bout amending it?

Oh, that is right, living Constitutionalists do not believe in the LAW.

They believe in BREAKING the LAW.

Never mind, go steal someone else's property rights, you cannot have mine. You cannot have my social rights, my economic rights or my property rights. Period.

Democratic tyranny is the same as dictatorial tyranny. You just have the majority take the rights of the minority.

Tell me, what does that sound like to you? Sounds like tyranny to me. You DO NOT have the right to strip the rights of anyone, they are GOD given. Your time has ended. You have been running sway over this nation since the Wilson days. Your time for destruction is over. Now let us give you back your rights, do not be afraid, you will survive.

The conservative right wants to give you back all your rights, are you afraid of them?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Funny how you say the left or liberal leaning has protected our rights.

Explain exactly what rights they have protected.

Life, Liberty, how bout property rights?

Oh, silly me, you are all about taking my economic freedoms.

For the good of the collective right?

Seems to me, we are in a quandary now. The government, the fed, the state, the local are all BROKE.

How do you suggest we deal with that, hmmmm?

Libertarian and TRUE Constitutionalist here.

Do not like the Constitution, how bout amending it?

Oh, that is right, living Constitutionalists do not believe in the LAW.

They believe in BREAKING the LAW.

Never mind, go steal someone else's property rights, you cannot have mine. You cannot have my social rights, my economic rights or my property rights. Period.

Democratic tyranny is the same as dictatorial tyranny. You just have the majority take the rights of the minority.

Tell me, what does that sound like to you? Sounds like tyranny to me. You DO NOT have the right to strip the rights of anyone, they are GOD given. Your time has ended. You have been running sway over this nation since the Wilson days. Your time for destruction is over. Now let us give you back your rights, do not be afraid, you will survive.

The conservative right wants to give you back all your rights, are you afraid of them?

You want to talk about property rights?

The mosque near ground zero that has been causing so much controversy should be allowed to build. NYC has said they've done nothing wrong, and that property rights allow them to build there.

So why is Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and others of the same crowd against it? Aren't PROPERTY RIGHTS protecting the mosque according to you?

Living Constitutionalists believe as the country changes, so does the Constitution. Since the time of Washington, every president has gone about making changes to the country that the Constitution doesn't give. Every president.

So what, NOW it's a problem?

Liberals are for protecting the rights of people. Conservatives don't want rights for certain people, such as LGBT rights, and rights for Muslims...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The mosque near ground zero that has been causing so much controversy should be allowed to build. NYC has said they've done nothing wrong, and that property rights allow them to build there.

Sorry, has anyone said they do not have the right to build there? Please tell me who, quote, video or audio please. Otherwise you are using a false dichotomy. Myself, they can build there all they want, but by God, if the government attempts to use tax dollars to build it (which is happening right now), you will see people come UNGLUED.

So why is Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and others of the same crowd against it? Aren't PROPERTY RIGHTS protecting the mosque according to you?

Oh noes, somebody is against building a mosque where aircraft and body parts hit after islamic radicals from the holy country of Saudi Arabia attacked the US. MMMMM, imagine that. Tell me, do we have the right to complain in this country, do we have the right to free speech? Is it not politically correct enough for you? Grow a backbone.

Living Constitutionalists believe as the country changes, so does the Constitution. Since the time of Washington, every president has gone about making changes to the country that the Constitution doesn't give. Every president.

Yes, we all know the liberals, progressives, communists, or whatever you are calling yourself now, like to BREAK THE LAW. See, there is a thing called the amendment process. You know, like the Bill of Rights and all the other amendments. That is the way to modify the Constitution, by the LAW.

So what, NOW it's a problem?

It has been a problem since the beginning of time BREAKING THE LAW. We are either a nation of LAWS or we are a nation of LAW BREAKERS. Which one are you.

Liberals are for protecting the rights of people. Conservatives don't want rights for certain people, such as LGBT rights, and rights for Muslims...

For one thing, where is it AUTHORIZED in the Constitution to give people licenses for rights? Tell me that one. Tell me where in the Constitution does it state that the government has the RIGHT or MANDATE to authorize a marriage. AHA, never thought I would give you that one did you. But I really did not. The unlawful taking of MY LABOR by income taxation is the reason the government gives tax breaks to married couples. Because those couples will raise more taxpayers for them to exploit. Never thought of that did ya?

And since you brought up Beck and Palin, did you realize that the Rally this past weekend had imams there on stage? Hmmmm, did not see that one did ya?

The GOVERNMENT does not give or grant rights oh ignorant one. They are endowed by your creator or are inherent to a flesh and blood soul.

Seems to me you do not understand the basis of individual rights.

Too much public schooling me thinks. Maybe also too much liberal propaganda.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Sorry, has anyone said they do not have the right to build there? Please tell me who, quote, video or audio please. Otherwise you are using a false dichotomy. Myself, they can build there all they want, but by God, if the government attempts to use tax dollars to build it (which is happening right now), you will see people come UNGLUED.

Oh, there are MANY who have spoken out against it being built. Newt Gingrich, for one, Rick Lazio, Mark Williams...

And it's a non-profit organization, you goofball. They're exempt from income and property taxation, but no, they're not using federal dollars...

Oh noes, somebody is against building a mosque where aircraft and body parts hit after Islamic radicals from the holy country of Saudi Arabia attacked the US. MMMMM, imagine that. Tell me, do we have the right to complain in this country, do we have the right to free speech? Is it not politically correct enough for you? Grow a backbone.

You can complain and rant all you want, but you have politicians, religious leaders, commentators, etc. who are saying that it should be stopped.

Whining about it is one thing. Trying to stop it is another. Religious freedom is guaranteed in this country, something you don't see over in Saudi Arabia...

Yes, we all know the liberals, progressives, communists, or whatever you are calling yourself now, like to BREAK THE LAW. See, there is a thing called the amendment process. You know, like the Bill of Rights and all the other amendments. That is the way to modify the Constitution, by the LAW.

Yet every president, from Obama, TO WASHINGTON HIMSELF, have gone past the amendment process. So, every president, pretty much, has broken the law, no?

It has been a problem since the beginning of time BREAKING THE LAW. We are either a nation of LAWS or we are a nation of LAW BREAKERS. Which one are you.

Naturally I'm for a nation of laws, but how are you going to handle that every president has gone past the amendment process? This isn't a Republican or Democratic thing. This is an "every president" thing.

For one thing, where is it AUTHORIZED in the Constitution to give people licenses for rights? Tell me that one. Tell me where in the Constitution does it state that the government has the RIGHT or MANDATE to authorize a marriage. AHA, never thought I would give you that one did you. But I really did not. The unlawful taking of MY LABOR by income taxation is the reason the government gives tax breaks to married couples. Because those couples will raise more taxpayers for them to exploit. Never thought of that did ya?

It doesn't say it anywhere, you're right. What it does say, though, is that our country has a separation of church and state, which is mentioned in the first amendment...

The issue with gay marriage is that it's not NATURAL and that it goes against people's RELIGION! Well, guess what? No one religion controls this country. Gay marriage shouldn't be stopped.

And since you brought up Beck and Palin, did you realize that the Rally this past weekend had imams there on stage? Hmmmm, did not see that one did ya?

You mean imams who just sit by with Beck and Palin on how those TWO view America for every religion? Yeah, it's certainly fair on that...

The GOVERNMENT does not give or grant rights oh ignorant one. They are endowed by your creator or are inherent to a flesh and blood soul. Seems to me you do not understand the basis of individual rights. Too much public schooling me thinks. Maybe also too much liberal propaganda.

Well, sorry to tell you, but in America, we're a country of LAWS, like you said, not one that's governed by any creator of any religion. These laws have to be created to protect others.

Discrimination, in any form, is a horrible thing. And there are many who would want that to happen.

There are many who don't want same-sex couples to be able to adopt children...

There are many who don't want Muslims to be able to practice Islam ANYWHERE in the country.

So, tell me, when is God going to tell us what to do on this? I believe in God, mind you, but I also believe God gave us the brains to know what is right and what is wrong.

So did our Founding Fathers. This has gone on LONG ENOUGH.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

No,Tea Party People are good for this Country! I have a feeling the Conservatives will split from the Republican Party in the not too distant future and the Tea Party movement will become a major party in this Country.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by BigDaveJr]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yet despite all of your venom, nothing you say will change the fact that Joe Miller will be elected to represent this great state and will bring our interests and the Alaska agenda to Washington DC, where he will have a tremendous impact. Make no mistake, democracy in the state of Alaska has spoken and no amount of complaining about what it said changes the fact that Miller is a better choice than Murkowski.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Cool,big win for Miller! Miller will walk into the Senate after pounding the low money nothing who's representing the Democrats.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Yet despite all of your venom, nothing you say will change the fact that Joe Miller will be elected to represent this great state and will bring our interests and the Alaska agenda to Washington DC, where he will have a tremendous impact. Make no mistake, democracy in the state of Alaska has spoken and no amount of complaining about what it said changes the fact that Miller is a better choice than Murkowski.

An agenda of doom, most likely...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join