It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any groups or camps in NC that are survivalists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
looking to add to training and learn some more woodland survival...can someone point me in the right direction?
I'm looking for military type groups as i am ex military myself and get aong better with other vets

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hi Homer! I don't know anyone in NC, but I'm moving to the mountains of Virginia this weekend. I teach wilderness survival skills and have been hoping to host a gathering of ATS folks interested in survival subject in the National forest this October. Several others have expressed interest already,

If you just have specific questions or are looking for resources please feel free to U2U me. ATA

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
maybe i'll come up.....cani bring my airsoft guns? lats have some airsoft fun lol

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Sure, whatever airsoft guns are ....

Are they anything like paintball guns?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Airsoft guns fire plastic pellets that can sting you on your a%%

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I would be very careful about inquires like this. There are snitches that pretend to be one of you, but in reality they are informants for any kind of 'law'enforcement.
No offense if this dude is legit; but seriously: I honestly know people that have done this. Of course we were on opposite ends of the spectrum, I'm just saying, be careful.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom of Thought
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I would be very careful about inquires like this. There are snitches that pretend to be one of you, but in reality they are informants for any kind of 'law'enforcement.
No offense if this dude is legit; but seriously: I honestly know people that have done this. Of course we were on opposite ends of the spectrum, I'm just saying, be careful.

My first thought exactly.
A hurricane warning, Fema preparing,
and a question like this pops up.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom of Thought

That's fine, law enforcement would be welcome to come as we won't be doing anything illegal. What I would really love to see happen is people with varying skills getting together and sharing their knowledge.
Im sure LEO's would have much to teach us all about proper handling of firearms, assessing dangerous situations and individuals, etc.
My strengths are edible and medicinal wild plants, friction fire making, shelter building, primitive hunting and trapping.

I do appreciate the word of warning though, I would be more worried about a true nutcase showing up than a sheriff.

If someone could record on videotape all the demonstrations it would make a nice contribution to the ATS survival board.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join