It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight out of a Peter Benchley Book...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Millions of killer giant squid are not only devouring vast amounts of fish they have even started attacking humans.
Two Mexican fishermen were recently dragged from their boats and chewed so badly that their bodies could not be identified even by their own families.
No wonder the giant squid are called “diablos rojos” – red devils.
Monster squid are the stuff of legend. But for fishermen and marine biologists along 10,000 miles of coast from Chile to Alaska, the myth has become reality.
And their story is told this week in a Channel Five documentary.
Since 2002, Humboldt giant squid, named after the 18th century German explorer, have been spreading their tentacles to deplete fishing stocks by moving from their traditional tropical hunting grounds off Mexico and laying claim to a vast sweep of the Pacific.
Hunting in 1,000-strong packs the giant squid can out-swim and out-think fish. Scientists believe they coordinate attacks by using pigment cells to communicate.
A single female is believed to be able to lay 30 million eggs, each one capable of becoming a giant killing machine.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I just saw this on Art Bell, and it totally reminds me of all the underwater horror films that came out in the 70's... I feel horrible for the people it ate, It would be one of the worst deaths I could think of. being eaten by a giant beak... while swirling around underwater.... I have a phobia of things underwater anyway,

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Mmmmmmm....calamari......

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
JUST watched a doc on brit channel 5 about this..... appparently they are spreading like wildfire, and have NO intention of stopping

scary seamonsters indeed.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
Mmmmmmm....calamari......

Thanks for that, now I am hungry for that very thing, and it's too late to get any. Perhaps I should take up squid-fishing if there are that many of them. Surely there must be some way to haul them in without getting chewed. Might even get a tv show deal out of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If the squid are breeding and feeding uncontrollably it is probably because we either eliminated their natural predators (sperm whales, sharks )?) or because we have depleted the fisheries so badly that they now compete with human fishermen.

top topics

join