It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen stabbed to death in front of Family Dollar store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Teen stabbed to death in front of Family Dollar store

www.ksl.com

Family members confirmed that it was their loved one who died Monday afternoon: 15-year-old Tayler Pankow. He was a twin to his brother Traci, a sophomore at Hunter High School and a wide receiver on the football team.

A teammate couldn't believe the news.

"It's shocking to know someone your age, one of your friends, just gone," Tasi Malala said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fox13now.com

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This stabbing happened just down the street from my home, and Tayler was a schoolmate of mine, so this really hit close to home. The argument that induced the stabbing was over an iPod. I know many people who knew Tayler, and they are mourning over the death. Tonight there is a candle lighting taking place at the Family Dollar in commemoration to Tayler, I'm considering going. It's one thing when you see someone in the news who was killed that you didn't know, but it's a whole other thing when it's someone you knew or even worked/went to school with.

www.ksl.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/31/2010 by Dragonfriend]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
2 young lives ruined forever over nothing.

My prayers for the families involved.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfriend

Is there any way we can make the killer suffer more than the victim in this case?

To kill over something to stupid.. there has to be some sort of punishment to fit the crime..

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I could not agree more. The youth of today are certainly walking a line close to the breaking point it seems. Small things push many over the edge.

Very sad for all involved.

Raist

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What is wrong with our society that one would kill over something so ridiculous? It isn't just the kids either. What ever happened to morals and the value of human lives?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Sad and senseless -

[edit on 31-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Sadly, this is more evidence of living in a "Disposable" "instant-gratification" society.

Everything and everyone is disposable, for what ever reason, especially if they are in the way of you achieving what you wish to.

It's also a perfect example of lack of self-restraint. To stab someone over something like this is completely irresponsible, and lacking any sort of judgment skills.

Common sense, and such are gone.

Sad times indeed, thoughts are with the family, and his twin, and his friends.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Not to be totally callus... but this is hardly breaking alternative news.

If Bigfoot had stabbed him, if a chupacabra had slashed him, if an ET went into the dollar store and bought a one-dollar knife and stabbed him... well, then that would be alternative news.

This is simply sad and senseless violence.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

I think there is an alternative and conspiracy level linked to this myself. However, it is difficult to prove that this is the purposeful design of modern society.

Those who are in power find it easier to remain there is they can keep the masses fighting amongst themselves over trivial things. Yes, this is exactly what they are designing society to be.

Raist

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
would an ipod ban have prevented this?

of course not, yet we take that route with everything else. sad.

new topics

top topics

join