It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donut Recipe Anyone ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hello all, I have a problem.

My girlfriend gave me a mini donut maker. I have tried the recipe's that came with the instructions but they are just rubbish. Ive tried my own alterations with no luck. I have searched the web but can only find ones for frying donuts.

I feel really bad that I was given this gift (& I do LOVE donuts) but dont use it because I just cant make a worthy donut. They usually turn out flat. Ive tried with & without yeast, Im stuck.

Is there anyone out there who can help me with a donut recipe that DOES work in one of these appliances ?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

No replies, so thought I'd jump in here and answer a question you didn't ask.

Toss the mini maker. Seriously. Donuts are fried. If they're baked, they're donut shaped cupcakes.

Want some good homemade donuts? Get a roll of those refrigerated/canned biscuits. Get a pan and heat some canola oil up to 350. (The experts will tell you they need to be fried in fats that are solid at room temp, but whatevah.) Poke a hole in the middle of the biscuit and fry 'em turning once til they're golden brown and roll them in cinnamon & sugar.

You can do the same thing to use at dinner. Fry them without poking a hole in them, and serve with apple butter rather than rolling them in cinnamon & sugar. Yummy.

If you want the things that come out of the mini donut maker, get a mini muffin pan instead and make little cupcakes.
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
1) Go to Krispy Kreme
2) Buy Donuts
3) Eat Donuts

Best advice I can give, I'm afraid...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Actually I am going to use this one! Thanks for that they sound YUMMY!

top topics

join