It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a scary thought

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Skippy1138

I'm not trying to be cruel, but we have to also take into account that there may be people on here who just might be plain old mentally unstable and "out of it"...

Is it really that obvious? And I was hop'in nobody would notice.

I wasn't referring to you, randy!!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Nor do you know that they really need a computer to mess with your life. If they don't like your posts, it could be curtains for you-- soon or later, you never know, but it swells the suspense.
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Hmmm That's interesting. I do like your sense of adventure. I imagine your confident attitude is well founded. I know there are many on this site
that would welcome a stocker in the worst way. Tribewilder, Intrepid,
Chadwickas. I'm sure there are more who could handle themselves quite proficiently. And many who just think they can.

Skippy

I wasn't referring to you, randy!!

I know. Randy make dumb joke.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't have much in the way stalking tendencies myself. Of what I speak goes far beyond any notion of stalking. Worry about the LDS members who will use their witchcraft on you from afar. If emsed1 has you in his sights, it's already too late unless you were privy to the interminable secret.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

interminable secret.

Witchcraft, really?

What can you tell me about the word witchcraft? What makes it such a rare word?

Do you dare elaborate because this is way over my head partner?

LDS?

[edit on 2-9-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

What can you tell me about the word witchcraft? What makes it such a rare word?

It's used to make telebrusselspouts.

It's rare because it's still red inside.

interminable secret.

Do you dare elaborate because this is way over my head partner.

It's the secret that never ends!

LDS?

Latter-Day Saints!

[edit on 9/2/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Alright the Mormons.

It's rare because it's still red inside.

No No No! Look at the word. When you look at a word what are you looking at?

Witchcraft.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Now. What can you tell me about the word witchcraft? There is something about the word itself.

Nothing I can say that isn't completely random at this point, no. Umm...it has 5 consonants in a row (tchcr).

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I knew you would get it. Right on. Do you know how rare that is?
It's damn close to the only one besides some gigantic scientific words. That I think might be part Rusky.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I knew you woulde get it. Right on. Do you know how rare that is?
It's damn close to the only one besides some gigantic scientific words. That I think might be part Rusky.

Oh, that's the answer? I didn't know there was actually an answer. You playin' me? I just picked something at random that looked unusual.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Oh, that's the answer? I didn't know there was actually an answer. You playin' me? I just picked something at random that looked unusual.

No way would I do that to anyone on this site.
How could I be play'in you dog? Look for another word with count 'em five consenents in a row. Five points to the pentagram. This stuff runs through
even the very words of our language.

That's why I said, look at the word.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

How could I be play'in you dog? Look for another word with count 'em five consenents in a row.

Dumbstruck!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Dumbstruck!

Ya! I bet you are. I don't show that to hardly anyone. What I find totally weird about it is the fact that no one notices. Dumb struck by the way.

Anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I was eating my borscht until I was at least one-twelfths dumbstruck, then you went through great lengths to use witchcaft as some kind of catchphrase.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Well now that's interesting isn't it?

One twelfths

Ya think I might be grabbing at straws here try'in get a few more yards out of this thread?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I deff believe someone could be making threads and then studying people's reactions on it. It's prob happened countless times. Personally that is something I wouldn't worry to much about.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sometimes in a thread or post I make and I really bare my heart, I don't return to that post because after really exposing one's true heartfelt feelings about a subject and knowing some troll is going to come back at you with a spiteful retort is too painful.

You have brought up a valid point however.

It's a shame we cannot be honest, forthright and sharing human beings without having to always be on the look out for a predator.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I feel some pity and empathy for you though. Having excessive sensitivity over these things has caused me far too much grief in the past. In this case, it is just a message board. I'll make a conscious choice to share or not to share and if I decide to do so, que sera, sera. There is never any need to feel sorry for what you decided to share or be worried what someone might think. If someone doesn't like it, though noogies. If you were reasonably cordial to the readership, it not you anyone can really blame.

Having some tough opposition isn't all bad, even if it borders on trolling.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm not sure that I consider kindness and sympathy to be signs of weakness per se but I can see what you're saying.
It's definitely a scary thing to consider and undoubtedly it does happen. I mean, if pedophiles can roam the World Wide Web under a number of aliases in order to gain safe access into peoples lives, it's not unreasonable to think that some psychopath or serial killer somewhere would undertake the same methods to some degree. Probably an extreme degree but it's more than likely that someone has thought of doing it before.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion every single time you come across a suss thread, but it's something to think about.. or not think about considering its implications

reply to post by crazydaisy

I think sometimes the people that do this are reaching out in their own way

One poster in the,"I don't have any friends" thread, had a good point.
Why would some one write a thread about not having any friends.
Then not be dying to talk to someone?

That's definitely one way you could look at it; it's only a logical assumption. But while in many cases we're able to profile and categorise peoples behaviour, that doesn't mean that the behaviour of every individual human being can predicted hitherto based on what the majority of people usually do.
In other words, yes, people do tend to act synonymously and predictably, but on the same hand, every single person has unique thought patterns and perceptions of the world and therefore differing behavioural patterns as a result. The author of said thread may have been acting in accordance with their own behavioural pattern and not to what many or most other people would do in such a situation. Personally I think the author sounds somewhat of a recluse but indicatively intelligent, deeply insightful and perceptive. Sometimes people just want to write or type their troubled thoughts out to anyone or no one in particular. It's a therapeutic process. People do it all the time. It's called 'Twitter'.

I believe that this is particularly true of introverted people.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Sometimes in a thread or post I make and I really bare my heart, I don't return to that post because after really exposing one's true heartfelt feelings about a subject and knowing some troll is going to come back at you with a spiteful retort is too painful.
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Definetly a point of view I would have never given much thought.
I'm so glad you posted that. Thank you.
At least that would
be discernable to those of us who give a crap. Great point.

Pretty Vacant

I'm not sure that I consider kindness and sympathy to be signs of weakness per se but I can see what you're saying.

You know people do make that mistake all the time. They mistake kindness for weakness.
Very cool you mentioned that.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Do you get the feeling that there some that are scared that another could physically reach through the interwebz and physically assault them over the message board, rather like Wylie Coyote putting his fist into the screen and it comes out the screen on the other end to choke the Road Runner?

That's my best on short notice of what might be transpiring in some members' unconsious minds. The unconscious is a rather absurd place with absurd thoughts, often not able to properly distinguish true threats from non-threats. Describing its thought processess in easily apprehended terms is often difficult.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join