It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the face of Islamophobia - Anti Muslim Protests Defy Core American Values

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is a great article from Aljazeera's new Western network. I urge everybody who has been involved in the debate to read this article and see how these protests over such an insignificant issue is hurting America, not helping it.

Here's a snipped.

Last Monday, August 23rd, artist Glen E Friedman fueled by frustration hung 9 banners out of an apartment window in downtown Manhattan's Liberty Street. The message being relayed was one of unequivocal religious tolerance. Further still, the apartment currently owned by hip hop mogul Russell Simmons, gazes directly down onto the 'Ground Zero' site.

This bold statement had two intentions. Firstly to remind those who in recent times having voiced their right to speak out against the building of Cordoba House (for its close proximity to the site), that the United States was founded on the principles of self-representation and a spectrum of personal freedoms.

Secondly, to showcase the diversity of opinion within the United States to those following this event across the globe, opposition to the cultural project is by no means the default position, and especially not in New York. Contrary to how the main stream media has chosen to portray the issue.

The rest of the story can be read here.

What are your thoughts on this ATS? I for one am in support of the Islamic center, as a way to heal old wounds.

~Keeper

[edit on 8/31/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Great article, S+F. I too am for the ground zero Islamic center. The Muslim's in NYC have just as much right as anyone else to build whatever they want on their private property.l

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Yes, it's the rights as well. Private property is just that, and I don't see why this has become such a problem.

well actually I do. The propaganda campaign against Islam is strong, and ongoing. This is just another facet of that, masquerading as "Nationalism and Patriotism".

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Once land has fallen to Islam, it shall never belong to the infidels again. If you are desperate to have shariah instated in the USA, go ahead in your support of the mosque.

Hopefully if you are not married, you are a virgin. Harlotry is death sentenced, either by stoning or if you are lucky, decapitation.

top topics

join