It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON virgin......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hello all
Well, this coming Saturday I will be attending my first MUFON conference. Stanton Friedman will be one of the guests, so I'm excited to hear him speak!
I was wondering if any of you had ever attended a MUFON conference before, and if so, what was the experience like? What should I expect? Any "do's and don'ts" you would suggest?
Thanks

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Skippy1138.....

I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.

MUFON's quality of reporting & investigation varies quite a bit, so you need to be aware of that & be appropriately "aware" about that which is being presented.

Friedman is always a very interesting & stimulating speaker, even when one disagrees with him about certain points & opinions.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.....I wish I could be there!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Man I am super jealous, I bet that you are going to have a great time. I wish I could give some do's or dont's I guess it would be like any conference were people will be speaking so you know be respectful when listening and hold the questions till the end

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback guys....
The conference is in New Hampshire (where I live), and New Hampshire is not exactly the "hub of the universe" (lol) so I was happily surprised to see that someone of Friedman's caliber and renown would be there, since I sort of consider him the "Grandaddy" of the serious UFO researchers.....

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sounds interesting.

Just watch what you say to who.

Lot's of politics going on in mufon lately and they tend to interfere with what most people join for.

have fun.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Stanton is the man, im jealous too. I went to a MUFON conference in the 1990's. Basically slide shows and video footage, some witnesses would tell a story at the podium and field investigators discuss cases. This was when i was attending star trek conventions as well

Have a good one

[edit on 31-8-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i've been to a symposium out in san jose, calif., the only problem i had was that i had pretty much heard or read everything that was talked about and there wasn't anything new. same information that is on the web, but you have the real people doing the talking. they did have an excellent merlot wine by the glass, so it wasn't by any means a boring day, and there were interesting people that attended that i had the chance to talk to.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I went to the 1992 MUFON Symposium in Albuquerque, NM as a State Section Director. It was a pretty good slate of speakers. Bud Hopkins was there and introduced Linda Cortile. Bruce Maccabee talked about Gulf Breeze without Ed Walters. Of course Stanton Friedman was there with probably the same lecture you will hear. John Mack was there trying to intelligent and educated like a Harvard Professor of Psychiatry is supposed to. Dr. Richard Haines was there with some of his cases involving pilots and aircraft. Linda Moulton Howe was there with cattle mutilations, she was still looking pretty hot then too. It seems lately like there a a whole lot less researchers in MUFON with PhDs after their names and a whole lot more sporting the latest fashions in tin foil hats.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Cool for you. We saw Stanton speak a couple times in Roswell over the July 4th festival. He spent about 20 minutes talking to my 16 year old son after one of his talks, very patient and kind. He doesn't" talk down" to you when you ask what may be to him pretty simple questions. And the few times I've emailed him, I've gotten quick and courteous responses....

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Should be fun, I've always liked the way Stanton handles himself, very confident but not offish and unapproachable.

If there's a Q&A ask him what he thinks of Steven Greer work towards disclosure

Will he be able to keep a straight face

And the don't, no throwing shoes at the speakers, no marathon wind breaking record attempts (unless Greer turns up), no sleeping, they hate that and don't go dressed as ET, it's so old hat

Have fun...

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Mclaneinc]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wow Toxic- that was very cool of him to talk with your son like that!!

Here's the scheduled speakers:
Stanton Friedman
Peter Robbins
Philip Imbrogno
Steve Firmani
Tim Binnall

Hopefully, Hurricane Earl will be nice and turn before it hits the New England coast...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Stanton's a pretty decent guy in my dealings with him. As an SSD I met him briefly in Albuquerque. Since 1992 I've talked to him a couple of times on the phone. In one case I was investigating the witness said he would only talk to Stanton Friedman. I called Stanton in New Brunswick, told him about the case, and asked him if I could represent myself as his agent for this case. He said sure just as long as I gave him the particulars if it looked like there was anything to it. There wasn't anything to the guy's story but I thought it was nice of Stanton to be so accommodating.

new topics

top topics

join