It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Tax Lady” Roni Deutch Sued for $34M for Alleged Fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I wasn't really sure to put this, but it is of the utmost importance, not only because of it's direct impact on me and my family, but the possibility of other's out there may be part of the 90% being scammed by this woman. It has brought great attention too these kind of industries and media sales pitches too light of their true intention's whilst robbing innocent people of their hard earned cash. If anything at all, I hope this will help someone else out there to have legal action taken against these types of companies, no matter how big they think they are. "Rant over.."

The Attorney General Jerry Brown filed the lawsuit against the “Tax Lady,” who runs a $25 million-a-year legal empire. The lawsuit alleges that Deutch’s practice is basically a fraud, which has clients that pay thousands of dollars in legal fees but only receive little legal assistance or no legal assistance at all.

[EXT]http://www.justicenewsflash.com/2010/08/30/tax-lady-roni-deutch-sued-for-34m-for-alleged-fraud_201008305368.html[/EXT]

[edit on 053131p://1374 by Allred5923]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sorry, first post link didn't work...

www.justicenewsflash.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
who is this person and why should anyone care?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Shes big in NY, see her on TV sometimes.

Too bad she is a fraud, i always thought her commercials where really cheesy.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
who is this person and why should anyone care?

What? Are you that lazy?

If the Attorney General is filing charges of fraud against her - obviously she is somebody.

Way to be rude to the OP.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Some TV tax attorney. All of her commercials start out with a really abrasive and funny as hell "Hi, I'm Roni Deutch." I laugh every time.

Google Video Link

I work with the public and it's so sad when some old couple comes in all upset because they freaked out about their taxes or and called some swindler on the TV who only took more of their money.

Come on government, the taxes? Really? Throw your simple peons a bone once in a while rather than garnishing social security checks and threatening to take grandma's house.

The gov could use a PR person to teach it not to be such a flaming douchebag.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Unfortunate.
Too many people fall for all the assorted tax "experts" in the thriving fraud industry.
Sorry folks, IF YOU DON"T PAY YOUR TAXES YOU ARE HEADED FOR BIIIIG TROUBLE> Like it or not, that's the facts.
Quote all the hokey experts and fraud legal theories you want, the IRS WILL get you!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Interesting, having lived all over the USA you can see her commercials with the excessively annunciated "D" in Deutch, pretty much everywhere.

This type of news is tragic, as these services are directed at the little guy, who doesnt have the money to retain CPA's and Lawyers, like the big players in the world.

Some people who have been living paycheck to paycheck filing 1099's rather then W2s have taken a serious bath with all the layoffs over the past few years. People out there makin a buck off of the back of some poor stiff trying to get by is the epitomy of EVIL in corporate America today.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

And seriously if you dont have anything at least amusing to add, why even post in a thread?

Very informative OP, thank you

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
i always thought her commercials where really cheesy.

As did I!

"HI I'M RONI DEUTCH!"

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Wow, I didn't know you could say douchebag on ATS! It is a great adjective.(Or is a noun, actually I think it's both)
Roni Deutch is a lawyer. They are all about making money and perpetuating the system. Client's?? An easy mark.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Call the IRS directly and work a deal out. If your a jackass they will treat you like one. I speak from experience. It may seem intimidating but you have to go for it! All that TV add time has to be paid by some one. And that some one is the little guy.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by IntelRetard]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
[edit on 31-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

Originally posted by phi1618
i always thought her commercials where really cheesy.

As did I!

"HI I'M RONI DEUTCH!"

Since day one when I saw the commercial, I have called her Roni "DOOSH"
Something never quite seemed right about her.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Her commercials run in my state also. Whenever I see them I cringe at the thought of people being scammed by her. I hope she's exposed as the fraud she is.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, it seems as if Jerry Brown has put Roni Deutch's rear end on the ropes. The newest news of the after math that Deutch had created with her fraudulent tax scam has come full circle.

Brown’s action seeks to permanently prevent Deutch from engaging in such unfair business practices and false advertising, and force her to pay victims restitution of at least $33.9 million plus civil penalties.

Brown’s lawsuit follows the consumer alert he issued on March 30, 2010, warning consumers to be wary about tax debt scams. It is also one of a series of actions he has taken to protect consumers who suffered during the financial crisis and resulting economic downturn, including his 2008 lawsuit against Countrywide Home Loans that resulted in an $8.68 billion settlement, as well as recent enforcement actions against scams in the foreclosure consultant, loan modification, and property tax reassessment industries.

sfcitizen.com...

The article tells of a very intriguing tale of what is to become of Roni, and rightly so. I suggest that if you have utilized her services for the "Tax Relief" she offered, get your hand into the kitty and get your money back. The link I provided has other "tax relief" companies that are on the vanguard's of a more fare and balanced relief effort and with some astounding 'fishing' statements to get people to trust such institutions with harder and more ethical practices. I for one believe that the 'Tax Relief' networks are suffering a major black eye all through the tax relief industrial web. I for one will not ever go that route, it is a hardship to have to go through such tax troubles but to be blatantly lied to and robbed at the same time? I will just call the IRS and go from there...IMHO

I really hope this helps someone out there, it is not just the state of California anymore, it is a National corruptness and should pay every penny and them some for their criminal acts to the people that in-trusted her with their livelihood and hard earned money!!

File your claim, may take a while longer but it gives you validation for your delinquent past due taxes to the IRS , take care and protect yourselves, wolves with sheep's clothing are looming everywhere.

top topics

join