It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your average citizen doesn't believe this - Trilateral infusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If you talk to "regular people" on the street most of them don't believe in an AGENDA. A small-ish group of people running things, making the choices. For anyone paying attention it's VERY, VERY obvious there are some small groups of people having major influence on the way the rest of us think. How can we change the fact that the everyday normal person doesn't believe this??

To give a small example of the profusion of power by "elite" groups, take a look at the people in the Obama administration who are members of the Trilateral Commission:

•Secretary of Treasury, Tim Geithner
•Ambassador to the United Nations, Susan Rice
•National Security Advisor, Gen. James L. Jones
•Deputy National Security Advisor, Thomas Donilon
•Chairman, Economic Recovery Committee, Paul Volker
•Director of National Intelligence, Admiral Dennis C. Blair
•Assistant Secretary of State, Asia & Pacific, Kurt M. Campbell
•Deputy Secretary of State, James Steinberg
•State Department, Special Envoy, Richard Haass
•State Department, Special Envoy, Dennis Ross
•State Department, Special Envoy, Richard Holbrooke

From Obama: Trilateral Commission Endgame.

Also from same source:

As previously noted in Pawns of the Global Elite, Barack Obama was groomed for the presidency by key members of the Trilateral Commission. Most notably, it was Zbigniew Brzezinski, co-founder of the Trilateral Commission with David Rockefeller in 1973, who was Obama's principal foreign policy advisor.

The pre-election attention is reminiscent of Brzezinski's tutoring of Jimmy Carter prior to Carter's landslide election in 1976.

A small number of people who attend Bilderberg meetings, are members of the Trilateral Commission, or are members of the Council on Foreign Relations [List of latter two HERE ] make up almost the entire population of global elites who own companies, control the media, have pertinent positions in the government, and much more.

How can Joe the Plumber (average citizen) learn about this (without us looking like conspiracy nuts); what difference will it make to him or her?

Here's what I think...

Take it slow and easy, put a few small tidbits of control behaviors on Facebook or in an email or mention it at a party. Mention it very infrequently and make a point to mention there's a small group of people who make decisions for the rest of us. But... stay relaxed!! People will not respond to your angst or anxiety about how YOU feel - this is the marketing of an idea, not the venting of your anger. Start slow to test the waters.

Here's an example:

* ya know, I don't really think those bankers are working in the people's best interest...

tell me somethin' I don't know!!

* They're all part of the Trilateral Commission - wonder how you get into that party?

... lame but gets the point across

Share your ideas - how would you tell Joe the Plumber about the elite agenda?

[As an honorable mention, something similar to this thread was presented on ATS about 1 1/2 years ago but it was only one page, figured I'd say it in my own way]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I just tell the folk to stockpile guns and canned tuna...everyone can agree with that, right?

tuna and ammo... two great tastes that taste great together...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I guess guns and tuna would work

I'm actually not against the action of people working toward a united world - I feel it's better to work for that than to continue religious and border warfare forever. With one world government or at least communication and working-together of the governments we can eventually strive for justice, technological advancement, decrease of the NEVER-HAVE-ENOUGH Agenda so prevalent in controlling the masses.

What is important, in my opinion, is the average person becoming aware that there IS AN AGENDA!

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Yes, I agree, people are trained to respond defensively to high strung emotion. Relaxing is a good thing, but I see how it can be hard to, especially when people laugh at you for thinking how may of us here do.

I believe people are waking up, but I most often just get this strong feeling of hopelessness as a response. How can this be cured? I am single with no kids, young, got my whole life ahead of me, and I think it's a privilege I've gained, to be able to see what I see. Though, sometimes I wonder about the ones who have a family, I think with little kids or teenagers to keep them super busy-worker bees, it may be harder for these people to see the big picture. Know what I mean?

I think it is going to have to take something even bigger than a catastrophic oil spill to get the masses to wake up and smell the stench in the world.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I know what you mean - I wish I had access to something like ATS when I was early 20s, high school, etc. It's getting easier and more prevalent to be able to speak freely, or maybe I'm just more comfortable now

I'm married and have a two year old daughter. I REALLY do not want her to go slave away in a public school (public schooling is regular government-funded schooling in the U.S.). I'm looking into home-schooling but it's a tough option - haven't made up my mind yet. My wife's regular old American (from Kenya) and loves everything about America including the schools.

Most people simply want their security and couldn't care less if some group of people "runs things" ... it's easier to just be dumb to the whole idea and be happy with almost enough, with a new TV once in a while.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Interesting times that the CFR.org (Council on Foreign Relations) and Trilateral Commission.org are both now generally available and recognized. Even the Bilderberg meetings are moderately available with minimum of attendee lists available each year. For decades the CFR and TC were secret societies with very little info available.

...STILL people don't believe

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Actually I find that, since these people now have websites, people believe they are not working toward evil goals. "You can go to their site and read their papers; they are not secretive at all!"

This of course ignores the fact that media moguls and personalities attend the meetings, yet they are never talked about on the news.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I was editing the linked post while you commented. I agree these groups still don't make the news. I've wondered how much they must have changed now that they are known entities and no longer secret societies.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Trilateral Commission and Council on Foreign Relations aside, have you heard of Council for National Policy? CNP is said to be the "right" wing version of CFR. Of course, this is an absolute joke, "left" and "right".

CNP was founded by Tim LaHaye, co-author of the Left Behind series, in 1981. It's a very powerful group of powerful "conservative" business types that secretly meet 3 times a year (like CFR).

CNP is a leading force behind "Christian Dominionism", also just "dominionism". It promotes a Christian theocracy, a heaven on earth. HA-ha, it's not communistic Utopianism if it's Christian theocracy! (Which is all just the same anyway, eh?)

Now why would a bunch of powerful businessmen promote a theocracy if it wasn't in their interests and/ or wasn't in the cards (ie, 2012 christ/ maitreya/ aliens bs)?

Aliens for the "smart" liberal crowd/ Christ for the rural hick crowd and everybody is happy come 2013.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Interesting times that the CFR.org (Council on Foreign Relations) and Trilateral Commission.org are both now generally available and recognized. Even the Bilderberg meetings are moderately available with minimum of attendee lists available each year. For decades the CFR and TC were secret societies with very little info available.

...STILL people don't believe

ive found that my discussions go like this:

me...'have you heard of the bilderberg group..'

other...'no..whats that?'

me...'its a secret meeting thats being going on for decades with all the worlds elite..once a year...and no one hears about it..youve never heard about it...dont you think thats a bit odd?'

other...'well...it cant be that secret if you know about it...look..theres even a website....they are open and honest..look..you can even see who goes and what they talk about...whats the problem?'

its the same with most things in this realm...people say things like:

other....'well...there cant be a conspiracy because no one group keep a secret like that for so long...someone would come forward and spill the beans..'

me..'well..yes..they have...have you read this book or that book..or listen to this interview'

other...'dont be silly...hes a lunatic..anyone who talks about these things is a nutcase..you dont believe that do you?'

you cant win with some people....im honestly starting to believe that some people have been brainwashed...their reaction when confronted with these things is sometimes so freaky..irrational and odd theres really no other explanation...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

People like that are moral cowards...when they react like that, it means you can go to their house and steal their stuff and they won't make any trouble for you...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I definitely agree there are some (many) people who simply can't be bothered - they just don't want to think about anything.

I got some decent response with this a while back...

"each of us doesn't need to change the world by ourselves, all we need is to listen and feel, share and be aware. Just my opinion."
[continued with]
"sparked by this quote from David Rockefeller at a meeting of the Trilateral Commission (one of the ultra-powerful groups most people don't know exist).
We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other grea...t publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years."

left/right, religions, opinions etc aside, we as a people just need to be more aware or it's always gonna be the same or worse.

new topics

top topics

join