It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aurora Top-Secret Hypersonic Spy Plane

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And that's in 93! Imagine what they have flying around now a days. Since you are in Apple Valley, you might have some luck looking up at night from time to time.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nobody67

The plane uses cryogenic fuel "Liquid Methane" coupled with a superconducting magnetic field. The air-stream at mach 10-12 would become highly charged as it comes into contact/vicinity with the aircraft's airframe - special or exotic material can therefore use this to deflect the airflow over the aircraft with minimal or no air resistance - this is what i assume to be the answer to hypersonic flight - any residual airflow can be channeled to the aircraft's engine intake. Since an aeroplane's air speed is directly proportional to its thrust / drag, removing any drag will significantly increase airspeed.

To highlight this phenomena - trying creating an electric field near to a candles flame - the flame will be attracted to the electric field because it has positively charged particle, reverse the field polarity an the flame is repelled.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RichardPrice

The space shuttle has the aerodynamic profile of an elephant on steroids. It could not possibly sustain mach 20 in prolonged flight over more than a matter of minutes before the aerodynamic drag would tear it apart. A Hypersonic aircraft using todays i.e circa 2000-2010 technology could sustain Mach 20 indefinitely. The only limitation being fuel. Who would want this technology? Practically everyone since the Wright brothers flew the length of a football field and stunned the world. We live in an age of curiosity and our only boundaries are our imaginations. Aurora has existed an still exists as a hypersonic test bed for the X43 and has practical relevance too. There will come a time when an aircraft will launch carrying passengers above the stratosphere at Mach 20 from London to Los Angeles in 1hr 30 mins then onward to Sydney then back to London in less time than it takes a 747 to go from London to New York.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SneekMatrix

thats pretty crazy a craft that can travel that fast in such a short time but i think when alien crafts are in our atmosphere, they use the earths magnetic fields to hover over it and repel away from it diagonally to move left to right. basically someday we wont need much fuel to get around im hoping sooner than later

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeffHunt3r
thats pretty crazy a craft that can travel that fast in such a short time but i think when alien crafts are in our atmosphere, they use the earths magnetic fields to hover over it and repel away from it diagonally to move left to right.

Well, they better get at it sooner than later, because the magnetic field of the earth is fading away pretty fast and one of these days it won't be able to spin a compass needle. Then how will the aliens get around?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Project Aurora was a thread processing engine developed for the DOD. Other projects related were Project Meddusa and Project Borealis. They were all tyed to the creation of the SIPRnet (secret internet protocal router network. The Air Force when questioned about the large sums of money being spent on a black project named Project Aurora simply said it was a engine. They then let the rumors start until today when people still think theres a secret Aurora space craft or air craft. Heres a PDF from the military where there talking about these thread processing engines and there still creating new ones today.

www.dtic.mil...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com
Well all information if you look at it there is a high possibility that the aircraft is actually all electric partly because of the heat you can actually convert heat to the power plus add a piece that enhances amount of power produced and allow higher possible speeds with a lower amount of power usage and of course there is the design if it uses heat and a no friction design would still work because it could use sunlight to charge but also moonlight the other is a magnetic generator that allows several million joules of electrical energy to enter the electrical system you can also use the heat of the sun during daylight which if it could go in space could create an energy buffer but with an energy cell to store all of the electrical energy in response to why it can be silent and hover would be anti grav
[more

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Interesting post on the Aurora project. However, I am understanding that this aircraft is capable of around Mach 11 or roughly 8,000 mph. In other words in could travel from L.A to New York in about 10 minutes. Whether or not this is true is still "secret".

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

The A-12/SR-71 spy plane was kept secret for years. Even when Johnson announced it in 1964, it was still very secret. The Air Force or CIA (which ever one operates the plane) can keep things secret for a long time, especially if it is the CIA. They have kept spy satellites in the past secret for many years, and there are still many denied or classified spy satellites up there. There is a need for spy planes even with spy satellites. Satellites take as long as six or more hours to put into proper orbit to fly over a target, while a spy plane can get there, especially a very fast one like the Aurora, can get there in only a few hours, and also, satellites are easy to track and to know when they will fly over, while planes are not. Even through the U.S.still has the U2 spy plane operating, it can't go to deep into enemy airspace, and that is where many of the valuable targets are. All of this evidence points to the existence of the Aurora spy plane.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by googlebomber1

It's development and it's performance details were kept secret, not its existence. Taken in the context of the times this was a quite common approach, though the secrecy of the Blackbird family was heightened, it was far from unique. I even have books in which the performance of the Blackburn Buccaneer, just as one example, which was a standard attack aircraft of the RN and not a spy plane at all, is classified, as are several other types. As you say, it's existence was announced in 1964, this was also the year it first flew!

So there is no indication in the story of he Blackbird of anything to do with whether or not Aurora exists.

There might well be a need for an Aurora type aircraft, but that doesn't mean there is one. Where is the evidence?
edit on 9-2-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I believe there is a spy plane.
Called Aurora??????

I also believe there was only one or two built.

In the early days they used them 10 to 20 times a year. In the last 5 years they have only been flown maybe one or two times a year for very very special runs of very special targets.

In most cases they have been replaced by unmanned drones that it really does not mater if they are lost.

I also believe its a exo-atmospheric craft that goes into low orbit and drops down to some about 100,000 feet for its photo run then goes back into orbit to return to base.

A complete mission would take less then 4 hours anyplace in the world by going into low orbit for most of the trip.

To find this aircraft you would need to find the fuel source and type.
If its flown out of area 51 they would have to have a plant to make the fuel there as the security risk of bring in a exotic fuel would be a traceability problem.

Does area 51 have large cryogenic fuel storage tanks

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by googlebomber1

By definition of travel it wouldn't take hardly any less time to get a spyplane of hypersonic nature such as the Aurora specifications to the target destination. Why do this when you can utilize the use of high altitude unmaned drones which can be launched closer and be over the target in as little as an hour?

I would like to point out Aurora's powerplant would have had the plane at roughly Mach 5, and that it was not an S/VTOL aircraft. This hinders it's range as far as time effectiveness immensely.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
just out of curiosity would this plane resemble a space shuttle ?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Untill I see evidence to the contrary, I believe Ben Rich who has stated that Aurora was a budgetary code for the Advanced Technology Bomber/ B2 Spirit program in the 1980's.

I would also pose the question that if this technology had matured to produce an demonstration vehicle 20 years ago, why are DARPA and NASA having difficulty with the Boeing X-51

Powered flight tests

The first powered flight of the X-51 was planned for 25 May 2010, but the presence of a cargo ship traveling through a portion of the Naval Air Station Point Mugu Sea Range caused a 24 hour postponement. The X-51 completed its first powered flight successfully on 26 May 2010 by flying for over 200 seconds and reaching a speed of Mach 5; it did not meet the planned 300 second flight duration, however.The flight had the longest scramjet burn time of 140 seconds. The X-43 had the previous longest flight burn time of 12 seconds, while setting a new speed record of Mach 9.8 (12,144 km/h, 7,546 mph).

Three more test flights were planned and will use the same flight trajectory. Boeing proposed to the Air Force Research Laboratory that two test flights be added in order to increase the total to six, with flights taking place at four to six week intervals, assuming there are no failures.

The second test flight was initially scheduled for 24 March 2011, but was not conducted due to unfavorable test conditions. The flight took place on 13 June 2011. However, the flight over the Pacific Ocean ended early due to an inlet unstart event after being boosted to Mach 5 speed. The flight data from the test is being investigated. A B-52 released the X-51 at an approximate altitude of 50,000 feet. The X-51’s scramjet engine lit on ethylene, but did not properly transition to JP-7 fuel operation.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's real. And there are a lot of them. If you would like to see my "theories" please see www.youtube.com...

I started studying this in July 2011. I released the first 9 parts on June 2nd, 2012. There are currently 18 parts. You don't have to believe me, but please see the comments on my videos. There are a lot of us studying this.

Thanks,
Sean

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

I think that the reason Aurora has been secret for such a long time is that the aircraft is a big game changer.

If it was released than everyone(china, russia) would race to develop a similar weapon, probably spying so that they could get the technical details.

It's going to get released when hypersonic engines become a norm.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Black121

It probably is a big game changer, but what people have to understand is that we might never know what it’s like ! Things are secret for good reasons and while I would love to see some of the high tech stuff that humans are capable of making, I have kind of accepted the fact that I never will .
To me advanced aircraft are fascinating and the science behind them would probably blow my mind, I mean I would love just once to see something amazing ,but I doubt I ever will . As I said ,I would love to know what these things can do ?what speeds can they do ? can they go into space ? what propulsion systems do they use etc. ? But all these things are secret and they are secret for very good reasons .I can dream and imagine what exists and I personally get a lot of enjoyment out of just fantasizing about what exists ..

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
obviously this picture of a donuts on a rope contrail emitting from Edwards AFB and heading at high speed towards the border is proof of everything

yeah its real btw

edit on 20-5-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

I know it's real, it's a normal airliner contrail, as it would appear a few minutes after the plane has passed and the wake vortex has had an effect.
edit on 20-5-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Aviation has indeed evolved at an alarming rate.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join