It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aurora Top-Secret Hypersonic Spy Plane

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by planeman

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

ok. some may think this is a load of #, and i could care less. This plane does in fact exist, and i and my fellow cadets have seen it. Keep your eyes peeled.
Live in texas? keep a look out because you might just see a blue light fly through the sky at night if you're located anywhere near fort stockton even in the cypress/houston area i have seen it when i returned home.
I've witnessed it. Believe whatever it is you will, but stay open to the possibility so that when you see it you can know.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Wondering where it is now?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It's here tesing advanced weapons.

Its rattlin our entertainment centers and spillin our beer!

[edit on 21-3-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
hmm i dunno it very well could resist todays satellites have the resolution of the sr 71 when it was developed in the 60s and satellites cant see through clouds they can try and do you think the US govt would allow such a huge window of knowledge loss anywhere theres a storm you cant see w satellites you could see a threat and next time you look its gone and its known that it takes something like 2 days to to revovle the earth yes they go very fast but the rotation of the earth is even faster thats why google earth mapped the US in advance it doesnt doit in real time those are old images i was looking at my neighborhood the other day i had a swimming pool in my back yard thats been gone for years lol but who knows im just saying food for thought

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I know this is an old thread, but I had the following thought while reading this old thread.

I thought the Aurora was an umbrella title that all secret plane projects were housed and once the project is complete the plane would be given a separate title. This would explain how they have been able to keep an Aurora plane a secret for all of these years because it isn’t the title of a particular plane but rather the title used for where tax money gets diverted to. I am sure that they have more than one umbrella term for projects, but this is the one that has come into the public light.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
AURORA was an umbrella for funding support infrastructure for development of the Northrop B-2 bomber. It was not an aircraft project. Because the line item was listed with funding doe various reconnaissance projects, some analysts mistakenly believed that AURORA was itself a reconnaissance aircraft but this was not the case.

Subsequently, rumors and speculation about AURORA evolved into an urban legend about a hypersonic replacement for the SR-71. Sources familiar with Air Force special programs and hypersonic technology have stated unambiguously that no such aircraft exists.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The progression of astronautics makes it only logical such technology could have been fielded in the 1980's, if not sooner. Kelly Johnson at Lockeed was told his SR-71 Blackbird was impossible with the technology of the late 50'ss early 60's. It goes to show you the only real impossibility is what you have made up your mind is impossible.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

That is along the lines of my thinking though, I may have got some of the details a little twisted since I was doing it from memory.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Electromagnetic-hyperdrive , or in other words, if one was to punch a hole in front of the airframe using an ion beam, how fast could you go? I recommend you dont type this plus aurora into your search on your own computer, my friends over at the NSA may either lock your system up or shut it down altogether. And yes, i'm a former employee of a subcontractor who has worked with these vehicles.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobody67
Electromagnetic-hyperdrive , or in other words, if one was to punch a hole in front of the airframe using an ion beam, how fast could you go? I recommend you dont type this plus aurora into your search on your own computer, my friends over at the NSA may either lock your system up or shut it down altogether. And yes, i'm a former employee of a subcontractor who has worked with these vehicles.

I tried searching it about 30 times and my computer with all firewalls disabled never shut dwon.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobody67

I'm unsure at what you are getting at! If you worked on these 'vehicles' then surely you would not need to ask how "fast you could go"

And what exactly is it you're saying one should "punch a hole through"? The atmosphere, space-time, or some other Star Trek terminology that you seem to base your 'facts' around!

If indeed you have friends at the NSA and you worked on these 'vehicles' then you'd also know that a google search isn't going to tell you anything that would worry the NSA! lol

Unfortunately it's people like you that hamper real research with factless and uneducated conjecture and lies in an attempt to boost your ego, which ironically makes you look very......sad!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

No, because of those pesky laws of physics. Just because we went from 400 mph aircraft in WW2, to Mach 2 aircraft 10 years later, does not mean we should then have had the same kind of increase after that. Being able to make an Mach 3 SR-71 in early 60s, did not give us ability to make a Mach 6 aircraft now.

Shadowhawk is pretty well connected when it comes to aircraft and black projects. If he says there is no such aircraft, then that rather definitive to me.

But then there will always be those who clamor on about TR-3s, Area 51 moved to Utah, Aurora hypersonic recce planes, because it is alot more interesting and exciting to conjecture about such things, than the often boring reality.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i come across this,
Aurora or not that is 1 of the strangest and most spectacular contrails iv ever seen

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Probably not a kind of contrail at all - looks like an unusual cloud formation.

I'll ask Essan.

[edit on 19/8/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

It's certainly not a contrail - which form at higher altitude and are comprised of ice crystals.

This IMO is clearly water vapour, not ice (compare its appearance with that of water vapour from a large power station cooling tower, for example) - and the obvious explanation is that it's a cloud street or gravity wave

Probably caused by a distant island with a single prominent peak?

www.earthweek.com...

cloudappreciationsociety.org...

The apparent curve in the cloud in the distance would simply be a result in a change in wind direction.

Alternatively there are some strong winds and a very big cooling tower nearby

Obviously, if an object were directly observed leaving such a trail it's a different matter!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

I agree C0bzz, an aircraft wouldn't leave a contrail at that altitude, a smoketrail maybe but the vapour on the video is cleary water vapour. This is an arcus that has been 'rolled' into a long thin tube by air currents, and is commonly known as a 'roll cloud'.

Spectacular yes.....Aurora....NO!

Arcus Clouds

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
The progression of astronautics makes it only logical such technology could have been fielded in the 1980's, if not sooner. Kelly Johnson at Lockeed was told his SR-71 Blackbird was impossible with the technology of the late 50'ss early 60's. It goes to show you the only real impossibility is what you have made up your mind is impossible.

I suggest you read Skunk Works by Ben Rich - who was the top person at the Lockheed Skunk Works facility during the 1980s, having succeeded Kelly Johnson after his retirement.

He covers the whole National Aerospace Plane program announced by President Reagan, and along with it all hypersonic aircraft proposal requests from NASA, the USAF and the CIA. Basically, he said it wasn't feasible, and wouldn't be feasible for another 50 years.

He also covers the 'Aurora' name thing - it was a randomly chosen by a low ranking officer to cover the B-2 competition in budgeting documents. Thats it. Nothing else.

The thing you have to understand about the sudden jump in aerospace technology during and after WW2 was not that miracles were being made, but that people were suddenly becoming aware of the fantastic ability of aircraft given modern technology. And they were becoming aware because there was conflict, and during conflict, you beat your opponent by either using quantity or quality.

In essence, there was no sudden leap in technology, there was just a take up of slack between the mass production of WW2 and modern technologies of the day. And that takeup of slack was possible due to cold war funding.

The SR-71 wasn't impossible given 1950s technology - the J-58 engines were not infact developed for the A-12 or the SR-71, they were actually off the shelf builds with modifications. Pratt & Whitney developed the J-58 for a previous supersonic aircraft that had been cancelled.

The thing about the A-12 and the SR-71 was that no one had wanted it before, and no one wanted it afterward - it could certainly be designed today, so why aren't we looking at a modern Mach 3.5 military aircraft in every day service? Because no one wants it.

It was a solution with a very narrow problem range - the USAF took interest in both a bomber and a fighter variant, but when it became apparent that the SR-71 was one of the most expensive aircraft ever to operate, they backed off.

The U-2, SR-71 et al came from a need, and that need jsut happened to have sufficient funding behind it to be fulfilled. Had that need and funding been available sooner, then the A-12 could have been produced in the 1940s. Had either the need or the funding not materialised in the 1950s, then the A-12 wouldn't have been seen until the 1970s or later.

Hypersonic aircraft are a nice to have, but they are not the all round game changing technology some people think they are. They pose the problems of both an aircraft and a space craft in one. The speed is certainly achievable - the X-15 showed that, having achieved Mach 6.

But its not just achieving the speed that is the issue - Ben Rich refused to bid for the Mach 20 National Aerospace Plane in the 1980s because he knew the problems they had on the A-12 and SR-71 with materials, and that was at Mach 3. He actually called up Reagans advisor and told him that he would be happy to supply a Skunk Works backed bid, if the administration could give him a better material than titanium, because Lockheed sure as hell couldn't supply the impossible.

Sure enough, NASA cancelled the program after 8 years of fruitless research, without a plane ever actually being designed.

Mach 20 is a huge figure, is the same as the Space Shuttle is going while slowing down during reentry - and the NASP was required to do this speed continuously.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
As the leader of CRIM I support this article. Gold tipped wings are serious business.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

well its not a secret is it we all know about it, but the military just hasnt admitted that they have it yet, and probably wont because the technology used on that aircraft would probably change the world.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

you know what would be funny if the aurora really dosent exist.

Yes, that would be funny. March 1993, coming back to the inland empire of So.calif with a partner from Idaho. We came down into Death Valley thru the Panamint's and made a quick stop in Stovepipe Wells almost sundown.

When we made the bend that led to the highway my first reaction to what we saw was, "what's that Dave. What the f--- is a rollercoaster doing out in the middle of the desert?".

As we pulled out on to the highway I said,
"pull over Dave ". Dave's mouth was hang'in open and he pulled over with out a word. I grabbed the maglite and jumped out of the truck,

What at first looked like two rollercoaster cars one immediatly behind the other as if they were on a track, seemed to morph into to two triangular
craft, much like the see thru one in the drawing provided on pg1

I know they were ours (of this world) as I seen the pilot of one look down at me as he passed over head. As I was flashing the mag=lite he looked right at me.

It was questionable that they were of this world because they could stop
in mid=air on a dime. Glide over our heads without a sound , both having
what looked like a flouresent light bulb around their perimeter on the underneath side. Why one possesed a green glow and the other a red
glow? No clue but then after passing overhead, the one shot over to the Panamint Mountains a good 20 miles away in the blink of an eye .

It would follow along the ridges and shoot back to where we were and stop on a dime. Just as one would cruise over, the other would return and stop exactly where it's partner was. They repeated this three or four times and when they stopped, I
would flash the light and as unbelievable as it sounds they would sit there
in mid =air and rock back and fourth, then take off again. I was having
the time of my life but my partner Dave was scared to death.

I looked over at him for a split second, as he made his way around the bed
of the truck. His jaw was still hanging open, baby steppin and stiff legged he said, " Ra Ra Randy are these ou ours?" Not kidding he could barely get
the words out. I said," ya Dave their ours" as I put my arm around him we just stood their and watched the show. (5 mins total)

They shot away to the north and they were gone.

No joke and to this day Dave will tell you the exact same story.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by randyvs]

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join