It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9th severed foot found on Vancouver/Washington coast

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
... hhhhmmm, who wears leading brand athletic shoes ??

young people, maybe gangsters ?? If these were upper class good fella's they'd be nice shoes, so it's prolly just a street gang.

Sounds like someones dumping bodies, probably weighted down, eventualy their ankles wither away and the foot comes up.

- actually reading the list below me, ... it appears runners and hikers are getting clipped. Texas chainsaw massacre style. Perhaps there's an inbred family hidden in the hills of BC, abducting people they come across and feasting on their succulent flesh.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Great question! Here's what really strange:

Technically, they are all RIGHT feet. here's the strange part. In the only two cases where the foot was left, they were the matching feet to two victims in which their right foot was found first. Here's the detail on what feet were found and when, not including the ninth found (note also that only one victim is female and she is one of those who had both feet found):

Source

Emphasis mine:

The first foot was found on Aug. 20, 2007, on Jedediah Island, northeast of Nanaimo. The right, male foot was found in a Campus shoe, size 12, available for sale primarily in India. It was subsequently linked to a depressed man who went missing in early 2007.

• The next one turned up on Gabriola Island six days later on Aug. 26, 2007. It was a right, male foot in a size 12 Reebok shoe. The brand was first produced in 2004 and is no longer for sale.

• The third foot, right and belonging to a male, was found on Feb. 8, 2008, on Valdes Island. It was in a blue and white Nike, size 11. The model was made between February and June 2003.

• The fourth foot was found on May 22, 2008, on Kirkland Island at the mouth of the Fraser River. This time, it was a right female foot in a size 7 New Balance shoe. The model was made beginning in June 1999.

• The fifth foot was found on Westham Island at the mouth of the Fraser River on June 16, 2008. It was a left, male foot and DNA testing has matched it with the foot found on Valdes, but the man's identity is unknown.

• The sixth foot was found Aug. 1, 2008, near Pysht, west of Port Angeles, Wash. A right, male foot, it was found in a size 11 or 12 men's low-rise, dark hiking-type athletic shoe, made by the Everest Shoe Co.

• The seventh foot was found Nov. 11, 2008, on a Fraser River beach in Richmond. A left, female foot, it was matched through DNA testing with the foot found on Kirkland Island, and the woman was identified.

• Then on Oct. 29, 2009, a right foot was found inside a white size 8 1/2 Nike running shoe on a beach in Richmond Read more:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I am going to wade in with both feet....i am thinking it is gang members that are using people to threaten the people they are transporting illegally out of china.

There are so many boat people landings in the coastal areas of British Columbia.

The Triads are a very big influence in the city of Vancouver and could count for some of the feet....explaining the why some of the feet are of jueveniles.

would go along with a theory or two.

Theories
The series of discoveries has been called "astounding" and "almost beyond explanation", as no other body parts have turned up.[21] The discoveries have caused speculation that the feet may be those of people who died in a boating accident or a plane crash in the ocean.[1] One explanation is that some of the feet are those of four men who died in a plane crash near Quadra Island in 2005 and whose bodies have not been recovered, though one of the feet has been determined to be from a female.[6] Foul play has also been suggested,[22] although none of the first four feet contained evidence of tool marks.[20] This does not rule out foul play, however; it is possible that the bodies could have been weighted down and disposed of, and the feet are separating due to natural decay.

Determining the origin of the feet is complicated because ocean currents may carry floating items long distances,[23] and because currents in the Strait of Georgia may be unpredictable.[22] A foot may float as far as 1,000 miles (1,600 km).[20] Also, human feet have a tendency to become adipocere (a soap-like substance formed from body fat), which makes it hard for forensic scientists to find clues.[4] Under optimal conditions, a human body may survive in water for as long as three decades, meaning that the feet may have been floating around for years.[24]

source

but no matter what that is still a strange thing to be stated by the sheriff....a whole lot of callous.

giving the sheriff

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

So we have:

All feet in shoes

All shoes are athletic

All feet are right unless the matching left was found afterward

All victims but one are male (the female is one of the ones with both feet found)

Anyone a mathematician and want to calculate the odds of these particular feet being the ones that happen to wash up on shore and make the news considering, according to the Sheriff, that body parts washing up are common place?

edit to add: Of all these coincidences, I think the fact that they are the right feet is odd enough to warrant concern, but I have a sneaking suspicion the authorities are already concerned enough and for obvious reasons, aren't making a stink about it.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Maybe the sharks don't like feet,..?
I mean,. I won't eat liver,. so,..
they are left,.. or rightovers

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

They did find matches--four of the feet have been matched to make two pairs....
it was mentioned in the link and in my earlier post.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Maybe the sharks don't like feet,..?

Just for the record sharks don't like the taste of us. Must have something to do with evolution. Btw, the sharks in that area are just Dogfish. 3-6 feet, not weighing more than 40lbs. I tagged them back in the 70's.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

They did find matches--four of the feet have been matched to make two pairs....
it was mentioned in the link and in my earlier post.

Yes, and of those four feet, each victim had the right foot found months BEFORE the left foot.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

*resists the urge to make a Hokey Pokey reference.*

Pretty grim, I thought we could use a laugh.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
wow some crazy mob guy is cutting peoples feet off and throwing them in the ocean. Thats crazy stuff. Wonder where the bodys are. they be swimin with the fishes.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

OH....MY....GOD!!! I didn't even realize! Hmmm...in the song, the first foot mentioned is RIGHT too! Okay, okay, I want to be the one credited with naming this guy the Hokey Pokey Killer but will always give a shout out to Intrepid for the inspiration of the name. hehehe....

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
“Because of the island’s position in the Strait of Georgia, it’s not unusual for bodies, torsos, legs and arms to wash ashore.”

It's not unusual for bodies, torsos, legs and arms to wash ashore? What a wonderful world we live in

The culprits will never be caught, they are always one step ahead...

[edit on 31/8/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Maybe someones likes the media attention and is dumping just the feet? The police officer could be trying not to play that game? That might account for his odd statement.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sounds to me like there is a serial killer on the loose in that area and the police are not admitting to it, to save their own asses.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well Im going to guess as to why feet only wash up on shore and no other body parts….I think the reason for the feet only washing ashore is the fact the foot is in a shoe, and the shoe is buoyant keeping the foot in the shoe floating along till the tides/waves brings it to shore.

But still is strange they seem to think its not a big deal.

Well we all now know where to dump bodies

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I just realized something...

If you dumped them all together in one place, you would create a pile NINE FEET TALL!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
I just realized something...

If you dumped them all together in one place, you would create a pile NINE FEET TALL!!!!

Which would still be eaten by the Red Snappers of Yuan De Fuca Straight.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
maybe spme seven foot tall people died naturally and th undertaker amputated the feet do they would fit in the coffin.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Something is definitely afoot.

There are nine people at least a foot shorter.

9 feet. That's three yards. Now 6 feet I could fathom.

If you think about it, the sea currents have achieved an incredible feet er..feat of fancy footwork to wash all these feet up on this particular beach. Do they only keep the big ones and throw the little ones back?

The police need to start toeing the line. This story should be feetured in all the local newspapers. The cops need to get boots on the ground ( with their feet in them ). etc etc etc.

The blow off from the policeman seems iffy to say the least. It reminds of the current 'spy found dead inside a bag in his bath- police are treating it as suspicious.' No shiz.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This stuff happens all the time. Know why they only find the feet? Because they are protected by the shoes from salt water decomposition and marine scavengers.

Instead of considering these nine feet, consider the hundreds of bodies not found because of drug deals gone bad/international smuggling/or any other crazy sh*t that goes on in the seas off Vancouver.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join