It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9th severed foot found on Vancouver/Washington coast

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

9th severed foot found on Vancouver/Washington coast

www.datelinezero.com

Yes, “another” foot washed ashore. As in, this has happened before. In fact, this is the 9th foot in 3 years. This one was found by a tourist walking along a Washington state beach.

Detective Ed Wallace of the Island County Sheriff’s office apparently says this is no big deal. Why? In his words:

“Because of the island’s position in the Strait of Georgia, it’s not unusual for bodies, torsos, legs and arms to wash ashore.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In know some people from Washington, and none of them have ever commented on how the beaches in there tend to have body parts washing ashore. LOL

Seems like an odd thing for a police detective to say, as if it's no biggie to have 9 feet wash ashore in 3 years. Could be 9 torsos, right?

Anyone in Washington or Vancouver find many body parts in the water, I would love to hear about it

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Man are they still washing ashore...this is going to become like why is there always only one shoe found on the side of the road....Hmmm wonder if that is where all the feet from them shoes are.

But .... on a more serious note...no matter what they belong to someone so how could a sheriff just brush this off as no big deal.

I would like to know the nationalities of all those feet as i do know that originally being from the west coast of British Columbia myself there is a lot of boat people that attempt to move across from China towards the west coast of Canada.

That is what is the thought behind the feet and other body parts that wash up on the western shores of the states and Canada.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think he blew this off because he's "in the know". He realizes that these are either unfortunate people, some may be, or that these are dismemberments done in Canada by Asian gangs. They have a thing for dismemberment.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
wow This is still happening?
It's been a little while since the last foot found.
I had thought that two "sets" oor pairs of feet were found to be dna matches...

I had also heard that speculation was that these were from "suicidal jumpers" from one of the bridges upstream. I don't buy that line, though.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
For those of you unfamiliar with this mystery here is the Wikipedia article dedicated to it.

Discoveries of human feet on British Columbia beaches

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Either he knows what is going on, and wont speak about it because of fear, or he is keeping it a secret because he was told to keep quiet by his superiors, or he is just a real dumb [snip]. 9 feet in 3 years seems quite odd to me, what other reports are there to compare with about say like hands legs arms torso's? The other question is have these feet been sawed off, chopped off, or chewed off? many unknowns here to be that simple to wrap up

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Footlocker Vancouver has finally been open. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

This is very strange. What happened to the rest of these people?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Lots of unknowns here - why only feet and no other body parts? And this one really puzzles me - why are the feet in leading brand athletic shoes?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Its a little disheartening to hear the dectives crude ramark. Way to serve the people there buddy.

On a more humerious/morbid side note.... With 9 found in the past three years you would have thought that they fount a pair that matched by now. My bad i know im cheezy.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've Lived in WA my whole life. Only heard of feet being found so don't know where this LE is claiming other body parts like legs hands etc. wash up. They don't. Only feet.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
why are the feet in leading brand athletic shoes?

Gang members have lots of money? Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Alot of LE agencies are very reluctant to give details in cases like this. We have had a suspected serial killer here on LI for about a decade now, his/her MO is to murder prostitutes and dump their dismembered bodies in garbage bags off of the Long Island Expressway. Of course the cops have no comment and refuse to admit what everyone knows.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow, the Sheriff said it was no big deal. I bet if that foot belonged to someone he cared about it would be a big deal,.... unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Yeah, funny enough I agree. What happened to the other foot? Did it wash up on an east coast beach? lol.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My question is how do you know they are feet?
Couldn't some of them be like ten inches or ten and a half and not a foot.

But seriously, on my way to work the other day I found this big blue ice chest and it had a human toe in the ice chest, full of ice too.

So I am now using the ice chest to take pop to the lake for me and my kids on weekends.

What did I do with the toe? you ask.

Called a toe truck, of course.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What the eff?! I remember this going on a couple years ago and the authorities had the same laid back attitude about the feet.

According to this article there are 9 feet. Of the 9, two have a matching foot meaning that the other 5 do not. One of these matching pair is a female. All other feet are male. Each foot belonging to the two people in which both feet were found, were discovered several months apart.

Let's say that this sort of thing is "normal" for the area. Then why aren't fingers, hands, torso's, forearms, heads, washing up. Why is it that only the feet survive? Is it because they were in shoes and therefore not very appetizing as the rest of the body? Again, if so, this where is the other foot? Or did all the other people lose a shoe so their foot was eaten and the two who had both feet discovered managed to keep both shoes on during whatever ordeal caused this to happen.

Regardless of whether or not this is a non-issue, there are people out there who are either missing or dead. I would think either warrants some concern, not just a shrug of the shoulders and an "oh, well".

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well I would start by looking for people with 1 foot missing. This truly is a weird case, is it all left feet or right?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I could answer that but you'd never eat bottom dwellers again. And some of those you consider tasty. That's as generic as I can put it.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

What did I do with the toe? you ask.

Called a toe truck, of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join