It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare workers should get a flu shot or lose their jobs, two health groups say

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
Also, there are not "a million vaccinations". In fact, you would be shocked to see how small the actual number of viable vaccines there currently are. You probably already have most of them if you followed the vaccine schedule as a child.

You are correct, a million vaccinations was an intentional hyperbole, as one vaccine mandate leads to another, then another, etc., ad nauseum, begging the question as to why [for diseases or illnesses that have no current vaccination] should the medical workers not also be prescribed general preventive medicines.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Having spent many years on the front line of emergency medicine I will state that I cannot fathom any valid reason to force a health care worker to have a flu shot. I can understand Hep B because that is forever. If I had one of my patients give me the flu then I would not go to work.

To force you to do this because you are doing a job is not the right thing to do. IF you eat right exercise and keep your immune system in top running order you are very unlikely to catch the flu.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Having spent many years on the front line of emergency medicine I will state that I cannot fathom any valid reason to force a health care worker to have a flu shot. I can understand Hep B because that is forever. If I had one of my patients give me the flu then I would not go to work.

To force you to do this because you are doing a job is not the right thing to do. IF you eat right exercise and keep your immune system in top running order you are very unlikely to catch the flu.

I highly doubt you worked "on the front lines of emergency medicine" if you think the reason behind the flu shots is to protect health care workers. It's a prophylactic meant to protect the PATIENTS. The vast majority of inpatients (emergency excepted) have some measure of inflammatory or pathogen-mediated immunodeficiency. It's simply the result of being sick. This immediately puts them in the high-risk category for several infections, including flu.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

"In the end, faith isn't about God meeting your expectations...." place your faith in Him alone and not in man and medicine.

May He give you comfort and provide for your needs. Maybe your doc will make house calls?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Here is a link to some threats vaccinations have www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

How can a vaccinated health care pofessional prevent spreading the virus to an immune compromised patient as the OP stated? Does the vaccine prevent one from catching the virus? What if the vaccine induced antibody masks the flu symptoms and permit him/her to go to work and facilitate the spread of the virus instead? If the flu is a danger to those with compromised organ systems, then why a healthy health care professional need a mandatory yearly vaccination? Just a few questions.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Unnecessary vaccinations are potentially very dangerous.

I think such an flu vaccine caused me to become allergic to diary because most flu vaccines have had adjuvants added to it to stretch the supply (make it cheaper) and these adjuvants consist of some of the most disgusting ingredients that can possibly be injected in people, some ingredients that are known DNA mutagens.

Parents shouldn't take the risks, I'm sure flu vaccines have caused more damage than the flu itself, not only for the generation that got them, but the next generation as well through indirect genetic alternations.

This is the problem with vaccines these days. They are loaded with other ingredients.

Doing a bit of research on how vaccines are cultured is informative. The big story that is ignored by all but a handful of doctors is about avian flu, eggs, and culture for vaccines. Pig farms might not be what is causing avian flu to jump species, but the common ingredient / culture media known as "albumen."

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The Dr.'s that made the vaccine want even take the shot, why should we? If you want the shot, take it. If you want to be sodomized, be sodomized......

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There's a very simple solution that's being overlooked.

Influenza is a respiratory virus, spread through the air by coughing, sneezing, etc.

If you are a healthcare worker and you have a cough, a runny nose, etc----JUST DON'T GO TO WORK.

Flu isn't like some diseases where you're infectious for days or weeks before you show any signs. If you don't have symptoms, you're not going to infect anyone. If you do have symptoms, no matter how mild, you should stay home. Simple as that. No need for vaccine if you don't want one, no risk of infecting patients. If you can't afford to miss work for the duration of a bout of influenza, then get the immunization.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I used to work in a group home as a Residential program instructor and we all were required to get complete vaccinations and flu shots every year as a part of the job. I get sick from flu shots, always have, even though they say you can't. I used to argue with the nurse that after the shot I was going to be out of work for a few days. No one listened until after my 3rd year of shots. I got so sick one year from the flu shots I told them that next time they would have to fire me before I would get one. I quit before the next years shots, but not because of the shots,and I would of gotten the flu shot anyways even if it made me sick because I needed the job.

However, thinking back, I had NO PROBLEM with all of the vaccinations, they are a good thing to have if you are a health care worker because you can and will come into contact with some of the gnarliest diseases and infections you can imagine, and most of the time you do not even know you are being exposed.

Vaccines are a good thing, even flu shots.
Shot Vs Flu?
Well, for me, they are almost the same, I get sick either way, but would rather take a chance with a vaccine than the real thing.

I agree, if you are in the health care field, you should get a flu shot every year. Take advantage of the free vaccine!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join