It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel frees Briton's murderer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Israel frees Briton's murderer

www.presstv.ir

The Israeli regime says it will release one of its army men who killed a young British peace activist before he has completed his prison term.

According to a report by the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, Taysir Hayb who took the life of British peace activist Tomas Hurndall in Gaza Strip in 2003 will be released from prison within one month.

Hayb was given 8 years in prison after pleading guilty for the murdering of Hurndall and impeding of justice by giving false evidence to a court in 2005.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
OK so although I have to say that I believe this man should not have been released early and served his 8 year sentence to the full.

I do have relief that he did at least serve some time. For those unfamiliar with the case Tomas Hurndall was a British peace activist who was murdered in 2003 in the Gaza strip, as he tried to help Palestinian children escape.

When you put this into context of the International community and similar occurrences around the world, it almost makes the Israeli regime seem quite stern in punishing it's soldiers.

For example let's look at the enquiry into the Bloody Sunday massacre. Quite clearly British soldiers behaved appallingly and slaughtered unarmed civilians. It has taken 38 years for the blame to be placed squarely where it belongs, and for an apology by the British PM.

However despite this massive progress in the case, no soldiers will serve any time for the atrocity, I suspect they have tortured themselves everyday since January 30th 1972 though.

What I wonder, is just what conditions the Israeli soldier in question Taysir Hayb experienced in prison? Did he serve his sentence and show true remorse for his crime at any point? And was he provided with a cushy cell and luxuries not provided for other inmates?

To these questions I have no answers and I believe I never will.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here is another source for the story;

www.haaretz.com...

Interestingly Haaretz went with the term manslaughter, as supposed to murder.

Here is a list of charges;

A military court found Hayb, now 27, had violated orders in shooting the activist. In addition to manslaughter, he was convicted of obstruction of justice and false testimony.

Sounds like they may have been more concerned about him violating orders.

new topics

join