It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 Game Discussion

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

We would love to do more of these and we are kicking around some ideas so stay tuned.

There was some ideas about a new game posted in this thread....
with a worthy cause

Your Turn

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The game sounds fun. It also sounds like it would take so much of my time that I, unfortunately, won't be able to play it. I'm somewhat new to the site, and I love games, but I'm not a message-board junkie. I have other responsibilities beyond work. For me, the game would be like a MIND VIRUS, distracting me from more important things. It does indeed sound very fun, but is so obscure... -looking through pages and pages of old threads for a single post? And the nature of the game itself is unknown to us, as well as the objectives? MIND VIRUS --for me. I would either have to become ALL-CONSUMED or not play at all. That's why I don't keep Doritos, Cheetos or root beer in the house. They are the best, but would be all-consuming, or rather, *I* would become the all-consuming. Pun intended. Mind Virus. I will sit back and see how it all unfolds, though, for it sounds fun and interesting. I wish ATS had a game less consuming because I do like prizes and money. I just don't have 12 hours a day to spend reading posts and theorizing about an undefined game.

So, good hunting for the rest of ya!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

That's just it, though. The game was solved this morning in less than an hour. Many of us were reading too deeply into it and the answer was actually pretty simple and obvious.

Not really that "mind consuming" at all actually....

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Yeah I broke through to that that not working Movie Link really fast.

www.zeniththefilm.com...

I just went right by it. Who would have thought that the answer to this huge vastly complex setup would be a not working movie link. I guess I just expected something bigger.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The game is over before it even started? lol

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by GhostLancer

That's just it, though. The game was solved this morning in less than an hour. Many of us were reading too deeply into it and the answer was actually pretty simple and obvious.

Not really that "mind consuming" at all actually....

Very true...I still can't believe what the solution to the game was.

Next time I guess we will just have to slow down our thought process rather than speed it up.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeutronAvenger
The game is over before it even started? lol

don't worry they're thinking of doing another one
very shortly to save face of the pawn.

I too was a lil late to get started on the game.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

haha.. everyone cop n my PWNED

I love when key words sneak into peoples psyche, and you find it spread around after.

good job One Step Beyond, btw.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
"tomorrow is today for the win"

posted 10 hours ago on the tweet.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The part we love about these kind of games is watching everyone working together to achieve a goal. I've seen members who would otherwise be at each other's throats collaborate in past games.

heck, i ended up adding 3 members to my friends list because of this game, and was added to 2 members friends list because of the interactions in this game. so i would say the games do achieve the desired effect.

We would love to do more of these and we are kicking around some ideas so stay tuned.

this was my first participation in a game, so i don't know if this is something new or an older practice. but it certainly helps to have two threads about it. one for collaboration, one for submitting answers.

i'm looking very forward to the next game.

thanks guys,
et

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I think the clue is in here...

As i see GEL in there too...hmmmm

awww..nevermind...lol

[edit on 1-9-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
went to bed from this thread, when I awoke the game was dead. sorry to see it ended up being a viral marketing ploy. hell i should at least get a t shirt for asking if the game was meant to get as many people as possible to link ats with their twitter and facebook accounts as i'm now sure that was ONE of the goals.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Wow... I am stumped!

Being an amateur game designer myself, I had expected a somewhat more elaborate premise and solution! ---NOT that the game was by any means a "bad game."

From the initial announcement, I thought it would involve a little bit of cloak and dagger, some other clue threads, and perhaps a false ID member providing bread crumbs and fish (red herrings).

Still, a game is better than no game. Games are fun.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

From the initial announcement, I thought it would involve a little bit of cloak and dagger, some other clue threads, and perhaps a false ID member providing bread crumbs and fish (red herrings).

there would have been all of that, and then some but, sadly, we never got to throw our entire arsenal at you. Hell, only one person found a thread meant to provide clues and that person found it and complained that it belonged in the game forum.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
heck, i ended up adding 3 members to my friends list because of this game, and was added to 2 members friends list because of the interactions in this game. so i would say the games do achieve the desired effect.

Agreed, same here. Added several new people and had a heck of a lot of fun, I tend to read more than post but this really did kick me into posting

this was my first participation in a game, so i don't know if this is something new or an older practice. but it certainly helps to have two threads about it. one for collaboration, one for submitting answers.

Definitely. Helps to not have too many threads to keep track of, else it'd get confusing I think.

i'm looking very forward to the next game.

Me too. Hopefully I'll be about for it and/or notice it
If not I hope someone will let me know it's started in big neon lights or failing that a u2u

Originally posted by Crakeur
there would have been all of that, and then some but, sadly, we never got to throw our entire arsenal at you. Hell, only one person found a thread meant to provide clues and that person found it and complained that it belonged in the game forum.

Aww

- Phoenix

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

If you're referring to me alerting this thread a little while ago, to be fair I only did that because it had already turned into a discussion of the game and didn't know if you guys wanted that.

I was fooled by the OP, though -- I didn't realize that the thread was in-game

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

in the middle of the game, before it was won, a member alerted the thread, suggesting we move it to the games section.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I hate to be a buzzkill but this was a very poor game.

Before realizing that the game had already been solved I had reached the conclusion that the Zenith situation was promotional material for a film project. I thought that this outcome must be the first clue in the game, when in fact... it was the solution to the game.

I did enjoy stumbling around some of this material but really, I don't think you could really call this a game at all.

Perhaps the game... is in fact not over? Is this 'solution' really only the first clue?

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join