It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Israelis killed in West Bank

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Originally posted by Retseh
If you can excuse this by blaming the Israelis, then any act would be justifiable in your assessment.

This is the typical response given by anti-Semites whenever violence is directed at Israeli's. They try to mask the real motives behind their statements by blaming the violence on pregnant women and innocent families. And their motive can be none other than the raw and vicious hatred they have against the Jews.

And now that Hamas has taken ownership of "the heroic operation in Hebron", I'm waiting for some nut to come on here and tell us that Hamas's statement is also a false flag.

It looks like the Palestinians are not going to get their Independent State any time soon. Hamas has deeply entrenched itself and is not about to relinquish control to the Palestinian people who want the opportunity to govern themselves in a real Independent and Sovereign nation.

So there will be more murders, more war, more innocent casualties, and a lot more suffering. Maybe some day the Palestinian people will rise up and expel Hamas and its affiliates. And maybe they will tell all of those who sympathise and make excuses for these despicable murderers to sit down and shut the f*** up.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
Maybe some day the Palestinian people will rise up and expel Hamas and its affiliates. And maybe they will tell all of those who sympathise and make excuses for these despicable murderers to sit down and shut the f*** up.

That's true and maybe someday the Gazans will have someone else to look after their sovereignty. Ever wonder WHY they voted Hamas in? They had little other choice.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I agree.
second line.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Your mindset is characteristic of apologists throughout the ages. When was the last time you justified an Israeli attack by citing deaths caused by Palestinian rocket attacks?

I'm sorry but there's a thing called logic

Try blockading New Jersey, ensure that no exports goes out and no imports go in.
Destroy all factories and businesses
Allow the exports of flowers though, just cuz your a nice guy
Then tell me how NJ responds and then tell me if what you are describing is specific to palestine.

Do it.. go ahead!

YOu are expecting people to not react to crimes against humanity.
There is no logic in that, it's just being mindless.

Yet you instantly attempt (again) to justify a Palestinian atrocity by citing an Israeli one. The most sympathy and outrage you could muster was to call this murder "sad".

israli one?
As in ONE?
as in 1????

I am showing you a disgusting piece of disproportion is what I am doing.
It's actually not rocket science.

Did it ever occur to you to blame the terrorists?

Well that's the problem isn't it?
The term terroists.

So if the chinese blockaded NJ and bombed all their businesses and caused birth defects left and right and then people would continuously fight back, you would call these people terroists?
If so what would the chinese be?
Tell me that?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yeah but that would only be AFTER New Jersey was shooting rockets into New York. Eventually New York is going to get tired of the so called "Garden State" lobbing rockets into them. They are going to use everything at their disposal to prevent it from happening.

If New Jersey wanted this not to happen they would have used everything at their disposal to prevent the rockets from being lobbed into New York. But New Jersey seemed to shrug it off and say "We Cannot stop them" .

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

why would new jersey be shooting rockets into new york though?
why would New york empose such scenario on new jersey?

did new yorkers anax land from New jeresey and so forth and put in so much restrictions that the people of new jersey have no choice but to fight back with any means?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Try blockading New Jersey, ensure that no exports goes out and no imports go in.
Destroy all factories and businesses
Allow the exports of flowers though, just cuz your a nice guy
Then tell me how NJ responds and then tell me if what you are describing is specific to palestine.

Do it.. go ahead!

Now you're rambling. Is it really so difficult to condemn this act, or better yet, say nothing instead of posting insensitive comments.

I have nothing to add about your bizarre New Jersey scenario, it's just plain odd and nothing to do with the issue at hand. A better analogy would be the UK and Northern Ireland, where a desperate ruling authority, under constant attack attempted to restore order in the midst of extreme sectarian violence, whilst constantly being painted by the Irish (and many Americans) as the aggressor, when in fact they were nothing of the sort.

YOu are expecting people to not react to crimes against humanity.
There is no logic in that, it's just being mindless.

Actually, my issue wasn't with the palestinians, it was with your glib acceptance (and justification) of a murdered and pregnant woman as being just "sad".

You need to be unequivocal and even-handed in your condemnation of unjustified violence. But you're not.

Unless of course you're saying this act was justified, and if so we are into an entirely different, but not entirely unexpected, discussion.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

It seems to be a case of New Jersey about 60-70 years ago being both New Jersey and New York. The Mets Fans were being slaughtered Whole Sale by Idaho and then having Manchester United decide to put all of the Mets fans onto the land that was owned by New Jersey. So New Jersey has been pissed ever since the Mets took half of New Jersey and turned it into New York.

Everybody hates the Mets for some reason.

Of Course at the time New Jersey was under control of Manchester United.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here is a quote from a palestinian youth in Gaza, 2009:

"You took my land, demolished my home, took away my food, killed my sister, but its my fault I shot a rocket back in response".

Here is a quote from an Israeli father in Hebron, 2009:

"I will never forgive the person who killed my daughter but I cannot help ponder the role we played in creating these people. Israel created these terrorists".

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

Not meaning to be a dick but do you have any links for that info?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Apparently Hamas is claiming responsibility for the killings near Habron.

Linky

Never ceases to amaze me, how crazy they all are over there. Must be the heat and all that sun.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I am pretty "meh" about this. If it was the other way around, everyone would be wondering what the Palestinians were doing in Israel, or just say they were terrorists.

Does it suck a pregnant woman died? Yup. Does it suck anymore than when Israeli military kills pregnant Palestinian women? Nope.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Can you tell me of 2 Arab/Muslim nations that have "gone at it" since Saddam attacked Kuwait?

You get the Golden Cookie for the most ignorant post of the year. I don't think that one is going to be beat by the New Year.

edited to remove quoted removed post.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth

This is the typical response given by anti-Semites whenever violence is directed at Israeli's.

Anti-Semites is the typical response given to anyone critical of Israel. Works both ways.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
I am pretty "meh" about this.

And that is the problem - we live in a world where people are "meh" about a pregnant woman being filled with bullets for no other reason that her ethnicity.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is just so damn sad!

Extremist fanatics on both sides are doing everything they possibly can to destroy the peace talks in Washington!

All these extremist fanatics on both sides can rot in hell!

IDIOTS!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
I am pretty "meh" about this.

And that is the problem - we live in a world where people are "meh" about a pregnant woman being filled with bullets for no other reason that her ethnicity.

No Hester it's about forgetting that there are others than yourself. It's about having compassion and being pissed off that someone would do this to this woman and her child. It's also about the IDF killing innocent women in the same position.

It's also about having a 15yo girl look to you because her parents don't care and she's pregnant. It's about seeing the world. Not your own perception of it. It's about empathy. Something sorely missing today.

It's about realizing that we are ALL god's children. Throw the politics out. God hasn't been political in centuries. Doesn't stop the zealots though. And Judaism has these morons too.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Originally posted by nunya13
Anti-Semites is the typical response given to anyone critical of Israel. Works both ways.

I would agree that there are some who would use this term to label Israels critics, yes. But when some people respond to the deaths of the pregnant women and the others in that Israeli family by simply dismissing it by essentially saying, "Oh well," I can't help but think that the criticism is really hatred.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join