It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lockheed X-22A Anti-Gravity Fighter Disc

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

u said that most alien sighting are USAF pilots so you meant most UFO sightings are USAF

No I meant the triangle UFO sightings! not most or a few just the triangle ones.

Plus Tim last i heard the RAF was rumored to now have a plane that looked closely like the Have Blue jet. Also even if the RAF has a airplane like the F-117 the nighthawk is 24 years old you don't think the US has other stealth aircraft by now other than the B-2.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It isn't that the RAF has the F-117, its more to do with uk involvement as a whole, which appears to go back many years.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It isn't that the RAF has the F-117, its more to do with uk involvement as a whole, which appears to go back many years.

Of course the involvement and the sharing of tech between Britain and the US goes back to WWII and it continues now but that is not the point i was trying to make.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
oh your meaning that BA project aint u?
i thought that got cancled cause of our gov's great military policy

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
I got it from the book F-117A NightHawk By
aul Crickmore and Alison J. Crickmore
You can get in hard cover or paperback for about $10.47. I recommend the book! I have a copy of it in my personal collection.

I read that book, you will have to refresh my memory about the part where the RAF had pilots flying missions during DS. At that time the aircraft was still considered NOFORN.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
I read that book, you will have to refresh my memory about the part where the RAF had pilots flying missions during DS. At that time the aircraft was still considered NOFORN.

I have read several books as well on the F-117, and they did have RAF types over to qualify on the plane. However, either the RAF did not want one, or they never were able to come to a deal.
airtoaircombat.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I have read several books as well on the F-117, and they did have RAF types over to qualify on the plane. However, either the RAF did not want one, or they never were able to come to a deal.

Right, but that was after the war. There were no RAF pilots that flew that thing during DS I, which is what I am trying to clarify.

I always thought that the RAF opted out of it due to the maintenance cost/manhours. Too much money for too little use. I wonder what would have been their reaction to a carrier based model?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
I always thought that the RAF opted out of it due to the maintenance cost/manhours. Too much money for too little use. I wonder what would have been their reaction to a carrier based model?

The costs have decreased quite a bit. But in regards to the naval version of the F-117, I don't know if it was capable of the ski jump launches off the Brit carriers. They planned a larger wing,, but I think it would have required the oooomph of a steam catapult. When you look at it the Navy has either dropped the ball (F-117, navalized version of the F-22 with swing wings) or botched (A-12) on aquiring stealth aircraft.

The Navy and the AF had an agreement in 1986 that the AF would buy the A-12 and the Navy would buy a navalized version of the ATF. It would have driven down the unit costs of both planes. However with the cancelation of the A-12, it killed the deal.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

u said that most alien sighting are USAF pilots so you meant most UFO sightings are USAF

No I meant the triangle UFO sightings! not most or a few just the triangle ones.

Plus Tim last i heard the RAF was rumored to now have a plane that looked closely like the Have Blue jet. Also even if the RAF has a airplane like the F-117 the nighthawk is 24 years old you don't think the US has other stealth aircraft by now other than the B-2.

Of course! I was just pointing that out as an Example of how the USAF and the RAF share technology. My point is that the RAF has technology that is much closer to US technology then most people think because the US and UK share a lot of technology secrets with each other!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I tend to agree with Westpoint on the Triangle U.F.O.s, I think those ones are of a quite earthly origin.

I mean the design is not that far off from overt projects like the Northtrops Pegasus.

Im sure the UK has some nice secret military projects but I think you really have to just look at the money each country spends

-----------------------$Billions

United States----- 399.1
Russia* ------------ 65.0
China* ------------- 47.0
Japan ---------------42.6
United Kingdom--- 38.4

When a country spends 10times what another country spends its a safe bet to think they have better secret toys

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
-----------------------$Billions

United States----- 399.1
Russia* ------------ 65.0
China* ------------- 47.0
Japan ---------------42.6
United Kingdom--- 38.4

When a country spends 10times what another country spends its a safe bet to think they have better secret toys

Just a little correction to your numbers Shadow

World $950 billion 2004 est. [see Note 5]
Rest-of-World [all but USA] $500 billion 2004 est. [see Note 5]
United States $466.0 billion FY04 actual [see Note 8]
China $65 billion 2004 [see Note 1]
Russia $50 billion [see Note 6]
France $46.5 billion 2000
Japan $45.3 billion FY04
Germany $38.8 billion 2002
United Kingdom $31.7 billion 2002
Italy $20.2 billion 2002
Saudi Arabia $18.3 billion FY00
Korea, South $16.18 billion FY04

Stats from www.globalsecurity.org...

And also the US 'defence' budget has approached almost 1 trillion in the late 80s as well so who knows what projects the US is working on. They are truely far ahead of everyone else, militarily. I just wish they would fund NASA like that. Just Imagine how much progess NASA would make if the US would transfer just 100 B from the defence budget to NASA's budget.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
NASA would make if the US would transfer just 100 B from the defence budget to NASA's budget.

Are you kidding? NASA would find a way to Botch it up even with an extra 100 billion. If you think the Pentagon has a bloated adminstration, wait till you get a load of NASA

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the udate Sardion 2000 I had not know how old my numbers were
Whats with France and Germany passing the UK in military spending?

[edit on 28-7-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Squadron Leader Graham Wardell flew F-117 during Desert Storm in 1991, he was part of the program well before the Kuwait invasion. He later died in an airshow crash demonstrating the Hawk 200 combat version of the BAe trainer aircraft in 1999 in Eastern Europe.

He first flew a 117 on December 14, 1988 just after declassification of the type by the DoD.

www.ais.org...

Squadron Leader Chris Topham qualified during the time of Desert Storm itself.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Are you kidding? NASA would find a way to Botch it up even with an extra 100 billion. If you think the Pentagon has a bloated adminstration, wait till you get a load of NASA

You may be right, but since I have no experiance with dealing with NASA and all I have to go on are reports of mismanagment then I dunno what to believe. But whatever it's still my opinion that NASA is underfunded anyway, and really it wasn't the point of the post. Just look at the comparison between the USA vs the REST OF THE WORLD. OMFG! They could easily overtake the 500 b mark(if it is accurate), and even though I am totally against what the US is doing in overseas right now it is kind of comforting to have such a powerful friend so close to home
The USA may not be the biggest, baddest or most brutal Superpower in history they are certainly the most powerfull by far.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm thinking that if china continues to grow and these terrorist idiot keep trying to attack US your going to see the US military budget go over 500 Billion and like shadow said when you spend that much money you have got to have some nice toys that no one in the public knows about.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MPJay
Squadron Leader Graham Wardell flew F-117 during Desert Storm in 1991, he was part of the program well before the Kuwait invasion. He later died in an airshow crash demonstrating the Hawk 200 combat version of the BAe trainer aircraft in 1999 in Eastern Europe.

He first flew a 117 on December 14, 1988 just after declassification of the type by the DoD.

www.ais.org...

Squadron Leader Chris Topham qualified during the time of Desert Storm itself.

How do we know that the names are accurate?

In the page itself she claims that she is not affliated with the military and does not have access to classified information.

How would she know if a RAF pilot flew missions during DS? That kind of information would be classified by the US military and not released to the public.

In my own research (both classified and unclassified) I have yet to find a foregin pilot who has operated a US aircraft under combat conditions. If such an event did occur it would have been played up as a PR event (after the fact) and one could easily find stories about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Thanks for the udate Sardion 2000 I had not know how old my numbers were
Whats with France and Germany passing the UK in military spending?

[edit on 28-7-2004 by ShadowXIX]

u wanna know why its so bad cause our gov sucks and they only care about everything apart from defense.
i wouldnt be suprised if by 2008 britains army will be less than 50,000 im serios thats the way things are going.
also i would be happy if the US put presssure on tony to increase spending on the military front.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Because i have a picture of the plane outside a hardened aircraft shelter in Saudi Arabia with his name on it taken in 1991.

E_T

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'm thinking that if china continues to grow and these terrorist idiot keep trying to attack US your going to see the US military budget go over 500 Billion and like shadow said when you spend that much money you have got to have some nice toys that no one in the public knows about.

Or then military industry is making "little" profit... but isn't that what they have made couple decades, despite facts that other industry areas haven't been able to make profit all the time.

www.nadir.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join