It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lockheed X-22A Anti-Gravity Fighter Disc

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i thought that disc aircraft where impossible unless they span ? does this mean the fighter spins?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

No, I'm not fully informed on every "secret," chocolate cake recipy in existence, but I'm fully aware there's any number of people in the general public who are. It's called deductive reasoning, my friend. It's simple math: 1 + 1 = 2.

Your terminology is stupid just cuz I don't know how to cook something i can go and look it up and find out can you go and look up what the skunk works is building right this very instance no you cant why? Because it secret genius. And do you know about a cold war bunker that was build to house the congress it remained a secret the media or the public did not know about it for over 40 years cuz it was secret.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

secret

adj 1: not open or public; kept private or not revealed
2: conducted with or marked by hidden aims or methods
3: not openly made known
4: communicated covertly
5: not expressed
6: designed to elude detection
7: hidden from general view or use

This is the very definition of the word secret. It does not say anywhere that only one person has to know for it to be a secret.

Dictionary.com

Okay, so therefore, since this "secret" has been revealed on a ATS topic thread, it is, by definition, no longer a secret. Right?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

No, I'm not fully informed on every "secret," chocolate cake recipy in existence, but I'm fully aware there's any number of people in the general public who are. It's called deductive reasoning, my friend. It's simple math: 1 + 1 = 2.

Your terminology is stupid just cuz I don't know how to cook something i can go and look it up and find out can you go and look up what the skunk works is building right this very instance no you cant why? Because it secret genius. And do you know about a cold war bunker that was build to house the congress it remained a secret the media or the public did not know about it for over 40 years cuz it was secret.

And let me guess...if you say so, therefore, it must be true, "Einstein"

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neomoniker

Okay, so therefore, since this "secret" has been revealed on a ATS topic thread, it is, by definition, no longer a secret. Right?

I no where stated that this disk shaped x-22a was real. I see no proof to back up this statement. It is would be very interesting if it were though. There is so much false and disinformation out there you could hide such a secret even if it was in full view of the public. Telling what is indeed true and what is bunk is getting harder all the time.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Neomoniker, you just don't get it. A secret is not something that is only of "personal" or private matter. This is a piece of information that cannot be disclosed, that you are NOT ALLOWED to disclose to other people that don,t know. There's a whole world of difference between having a private conversation with a mate and being under strict order to not reveal a bit of info that you have discussed with him/her to other people.

Considering this is about the definition of secrecy, here's a few official english definitions for the word:

From the Cambridge English Dictionary:

secret [Show phonetics] noun 1 [C] a piece of information that is only known by one person or a few people and should not be told to others:

From yourdictionary.com:

se�cret
adj.
Kept hidden from knowledge or view;

From the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

Main Entry: 1se�cret
Pronunciation: 'sE-kr&t
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin secretus, from past participle of secernere to separate, distinguish, from se- apart + cernere to sift -- more at SECEDE, CERTAIN
1 a : kept from knowledge or view

Main Entry: 2secret
Function: noun
1 a : something kept hidden or unexplained : MYSTERY b : something kept from the knowledge of others or shared only confidentially with a few

So both the adjective and noun form of the word "secret" relates to the action of keeping a piece of information away from others. It's not about neing privvy, this is about being exclusive and secretive. It's about hiding things from others rather than getting up close and personal with some specific people.

Now would you go as far as contesting the work of the linguists that made those definitions? Really, if you're THAT pretentious, then go for it... but that's beyond me!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Aren't you all getting a little carried away? THIS was the X-22A

www.unrealaircraft.com...

Here yo go perhaps this will carry you a little bit further in pursuit of possible IFO's.

Tut
www.laesieworks.com...

P.S. Aren't a few of you getting a little to heated on a personal level, knock it off. The above site might allow you to focus on something besides each other.
"Live long and prosper" Spock

[edit on 25-7-2004 by tututkamen]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
Neomoniker, you just don't get it. A secret is not something that is only of "personal" or private matter. This is a piece of information that cannot be disclosed, that you are NOT ALLOWED to disclose to other people that don,t know. There's a whole world of difference between having a private conversation with a mate and being under strict order to not reveal a bit of info that you have discussed with him/her to other people.

Considering this is about the definition of secrecy, here's a few official english definitions for the word:

From the Cambridge English Dictionary:

secret [Show phonetics] noun 1 [C] a piece of information that is only known by one person or a few people and should not be told to others:

From yourdictionary.com:

se�cret
adj.
Kept hidden from knowledge or view;

From the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

Main Entry: 1se�cret
Pronunciation: 'sE-kr&t
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin secretus, from past participle of secernere to separate, distinguish, from se- apart + cernere to sift -- more at SECEDE, CERTAIN
1 a : kept from knowledge or view

Main Entry: 2secret
Function: noun
1 a : something kept hidden or unexplained : MYSTERY b : something kept from the knowledge of others or shared only confidentially with a few

So both the adjective and noun form of the word "secret" relates to the action of keeping a piece of information away from others. It's not about neing privvy, this is about being exclusive and secretive. It's about hiding things from others rather than getting up close and personal with some specific people.

Now would you go as far as contesting the work of the linguists that made those definitions? Really, if you're THAT pretentious, then go for it... but that's beyond me!

Echtelion, you can count on it - the being pretentious part. However, this situation requires no pretention, whatsoever.

The CED def. "a piece of information that is only known by ONE PERSON or a FEW PEOPLE and should not be told to others," clearly and concisely makes the point. A "secret" is a piece of information known by ONE person or a FEW people. While I might take issue with the FEW people part of the def., for the purposes of arguement I'll except that as an accurate fact.

The guestion then becomes, "what precisely is a FEW?" My understanding of a FEW PEOPLE is less than 10. The government would have us believe a "secret" shared between a FEW PEOPLE is quite a bit more...well into the 1000s?!
At what point does a FEW PEOPLE cross a threshold and become the GENERAL PUBLIC? When it gets into the 10s or 100s of thousands?

[edit on 25-7-2004 by neomoniker]

E_T

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
"Always plant a lie inside a truth, makes it easier to swallow."

PS. Does anyone guess from what that quote is?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The general public is people that don't have top secret clearance just cuz the president knows and the members that are working on it now it still a secret. when its not a secret it means that any random group knows about it and if they don't they can find it out easily. can you find me a person that doesn't have top secret clearance who knows what the skunk works are building right now or what is inside are 51?

And ET that is so true the Cold War bunker i was talking about was built in the late 50's and it was an open construction and the people were told it was a resort and they built a make shift top to look like it was a resort and people bought it for over 40 years yet it was there in plain view and you could drive by it fly over it and you would have never know there was a top secret bunker under it.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Tututkamen; Yes I knew about the Avro and also about the Horten/Skoda of the 1940's and the fact that Avro's work was improved upon by Lockheed after Avro themselves ceased work in the field. It was just when I saw everyone getting heated about the X-22A. Now I know shadow designations have been used to maintain secrecy in other programmes, for example the 707 being developed as the 367-80 despite the fact that it owed nothing to the real Boeing 367 just as one example, but this 'X-22A'is nothing more than misinformation, rather like the 'anti-grav in the B-2' stories which some are so quick to believe, rather like the emperors new clothes. My personal view.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
why are you fighting over the meaining of secret?
also is no one gona answer my question?
"a disc can only fly properly when spinning" if so does the craft spin?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Cypher is kind of disk shaped and it does not spin. though it uses blades that spin inside it to keep it up the whole craft does not spin. If thats what you asking.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
thats...weird.
has anyone seen the avro disk plane?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yeah the avro did not spin but it sadly couldn't go up in the air more than 12 feet but it led to the hovercraft the military uses today also can you make a disc fighter so the outside edges spin but the inside remains undisturbed you can have the inside and the outside connected by rail allowing for this to happen? If this is not possible then the disc would have some type of magnetic field or something like antigravity.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
why are you fighting over the meaining of secret?
also is no one gona answer my question?
"a disc can only fly properly when spinning" if so does the craft spin?

I don't mean to sound insaulting, but, you're thinking of a frisbee, not a Flying Disk (Saucer). The physics is slightly different! Flying Disks are aircraft, unlike a frisbee they have a propultion system. Flying Disk have control systems that either use moving control surfaces like most planes, or thrust vectoring, or in some cases a combination of the two. If an aircraft goes into a flat spin(spinning without pitching up or down), It is out of control and about to crash.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Devilwasp, have aq look at these.

www.autobahn.mb.ca...

www.exn.ca...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Waynos, that photo stikes immediately as a Hoax...the red line that divides the craft is what the USAF used to denote the turbine "plane of rotation"...
Since that is practically impossible in that specific configuration, I pull the hoax whistle.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
That is not a hoax you don't know that the USAF experimented with those in the 60-70 and they could only go up in the air about 12 feet that is not a hoax its real

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Westpoint, I do know that the AF experimented with disc craft,
(by the way, I am alumni of the USAF)

that line is to denote the danger area in case of catastrophic compressor failure.

However believe anything you want, it is after all your right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join