It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me win this Facebook 911 Conspiracy debate.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by VirginiaRisesYetAgain

I get it, "Dave." Just be one of the first people to reply to a thread, and just ridicule the truthers with something short and then be off again, right? Is that how it works?

No, actually, that's not how it works at all. How it REALLY works is that the conspiracy people will post some ridiculous thing they read on some damned fool conspiracy web site

Oh, okay, and then you save your extremely tired "damned fool conspiracy web site" phrase for your 2nd post. I think I can have your posts down to a science in another week.

Not even two posts after mine, some guy came up with the genius idea to "ask them how WTC 7 came down without being hit"

Right, because it wasn't hit with a plane, and NIST already said the debris damage wasn't significant.

when the NIST report already gave their assessment on how the building collapsed.

And you said that the debris hitting WTC7 necessitated its fall, as if there was actually proof that the fires brought it down.

I think the idea that fires brought that building down are laughable.

Do you actually have proof for such a theory, or no?

You've done it on a good handful of threads now and it's no more logical to appeal to a straw-man right off the bat in this thread as it has been in any others.

...and yet out of all the things you've been griping about me, you have yet to prove why a single thing I ever said was incorrect.

Actually a straw-man is a logical fallacy, which means that is incorrect.

Every time you barge onto these threads ranting off about crap that no one is talking about, that's a logical fallacy. That is "wrong." You are "wrong" when you post that crap.

You DO know what, "straw man argument" means, right?

www.fallacyfiles.org...

Read up.

And I'm still expecting a response to my question, about there being any proof that fires brought down WTC7.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is great! OK first of all, I know this girl personally, she's an x girlfriend. She's not very political either. Even though the two comments I left are what I believe, I did write them because I knew it would get her all worked up. However, I didn't realize that her new boyfriend was/is a soldier and it would blow up into this. However, I'm just having fun.

I don't use my real name on facebook anyway, and I whited out the important parts either way, duh

That link I provided has completely legit government officials and other important people that question the whole 911 deal and the final report, it's not something to just turn a blind eye at either.

Their ignorance floors me

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

None of those comments defeat the facts that a) you jumped up in her page and gave her crap. I was recently visiting my uncle, and he had some views that I found appalling, yet I held my tongue as I was in his house. You just don't do that to people. And b) that you have to come here to ask for help. If you could win this "debate" on your own, you would not have needed to come here and post a thread asking for help.

I really think you are out of line on my first point. Like another poster said..with friends like you...

Also Nick, I'm pretty sure that would be your real name, as she calls you that herself. It'd also be courteous if you would black out her, and her boyfriends picture. I'm sure they would not like their faces plastered on ATS.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thanks dad.

Imagine how many Nick's there are on facebook... Really. (About 1.2 Million Results)
And real last name is what I do not use.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by porschedrifter]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

No problem son, but seriously...why get into a debate when you don't have the info to hold your own? And why go into someones place like that?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Meh I don't know. I think it was fair game seeing as how it showed up on my main page and you can make comments on it freely. I just find the whole Mosque situation silly IMO. and the second comment was just to reiterate why it was silly seeing as the whole reason why people are against the Mosque being built was because of 911.

I mean... C'mon someone has to educate this girl.

And I came here because I knew that there was probably something that I was forgetting or more precise to argue about, it's been a while since I debated or thought about 911.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
The towers came down by our government, Muslims had nothing to do with it.

You claim that, so just explain how the government was able to smuggle in the tonnes of explosives needed, punch holes through the walls, wire all the explosives up etc, work that would take months, and then explain why nobody noticed all this work going on. Or heard the explosives going off. Or explain how it was actually a mini nuke, or beam weapons from space, holographic planes or whatever other silly theory is flavour of the month amongst truthers.

Anyway, feel free to give me some more info that I can post to win this!

Impossible, as it was not the government.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
this is now my #1 priority!

REPRIORITIZE GO!!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Fair enough, I suppose.

In the future it would probably best not to bring the magically idiotic world of facebook debate to ATS.

After all...I thought this part of the site was to help bring truth to the 9/11 debate.

Sorry if it seems I jumped you here, we just see enough immaturity around these parts, as I'm sure you have noticed, being a 7 year member

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

Curious.....what bars were blown out instead of curled in? I would like to see those.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This is how you approach them and anyone else you encounter regarding the 911 LIE. The LIE about terrorists with boxcutters highjacked 4 very sophisticated and difficult to fly jets with no intercepts from the most sophisticated airforce on the planet and managed to ram a very large plane into the Pentagon with very little debris to show for it. Islamic terrorists did it all because those darned muslim hajis hate our freedom crowd.

As the naysayers come swooping down on a saddled bald eagle waving a US parade flag, loaded shotgun over their shoulder singing the "Im proud to be an American" redneck song.

This is how you handle those people Mr Nick

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” Mahatma Gandhi

Just a little resentment at the naysayers...I'm working on it.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
That is the trouble with this crap.

It is not about SOLVING A PROBLEM in an objective manner.

It is about WINNING a debate.

And plenty of people will lie and talk all kinds of BS to WIN.

psik

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

This is how you approach them and anyone else you encounter regarding the 911 LIE. The LIE about terrorists with boxcutters highjacked 4 very sophisticated and difficult to fly jets with no intercepts from the most sophisticated airforce on the planet and managed to ram a very large plane into the Pentagon with very little debris to show for it.

The above paragraph illustrates the severe lack of knowledge amogst those who call themselves truthers.

They fail to understand that the terrorists carried weapons that wouldnt be taken by security.

They fail to understand that while they werent the most experienced pilots in the world, a couple of them actually had commerical pilot's licenses.

They fail to understand, that while the US Air Force is the best equipped and trained Air Force in the world.....we did not have a force designed to stop a hostile aircraft within our own airspace.

And they fail to understand that the majority of the wreckage from Flight 77 ended up IN the Pentagon...and there was plenty of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You can't win a debate against criminals who are covering up their crimes. But you can expose the truth to the non-criminals who may be observing.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

No, actually, that's not how it works at all. How it REALLY works is that the conspiracy people will post some ridiculous thing they read on some damned fool conspiracy web site and I'll post why it's rubbish

Dave, how many times do we need to tell you to stop lumping all truthers in one barrel??

when the NIST report already gave their assessment on how the building collapsed.

Dave, NIST was proven a fraud a long time ago by science, this goes to show you that you have never researched anything regarding to 911. We all know what you believe; you demonstrate it every day on most of the 911 threads, truthfully I don’t believe anyone cares, we are in here to find truth. Not everything is black and white Dave.
Your beliefs have nothing to do with the topic.

but pretending WTC 7 was sitting there unmolested one moment and then spontaneously fell for no reason the next is out and out lying.

Dave, no one said "it was just sitting their unmolested", which was your claim. now who is pretending? As far as who is out and out lying, perhaps you only need to only look in a mirror.

Dave, since no plane stuck WTC 7 what brought it down at freefall speed? The OS does not explain what really happened to WTC 7, since NIST was caught lying in their phony report.

...and yet out of all the things you've been griping about me, you have yet to prove why a single thing I ever said was incorrect. You DO know what, "straw man argument" means, right?

Your statements have been proven wrong many times by science Dave.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by impressme]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

Dave, how many times do we need to tell you to stop lumping all truthers in one barrel??

Impressme, you are unequivocably the last person here to be protesting this. You have shown time after time after time that you'll religiously champion eyewitness accounts saying "they heard explosions in the WTC' but whenever it's mentioned that eyewitnesses specifically saw the passenger jet hit the Pentagon, you suddenly forget your devotion to eyewitness credibility and always pull a...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1beb73c77e6.jpg[/atsimg]

The reason for the unrepentent double standard is obvious- you WANT to believe there were explosives and you WANT to believe it wasn't flight 77 that hit the Pentagon so you consciously pick and choose what you wish to believe. There's no flipping way you got this way yourself; you had to have read some sexy sounding thing on some damned fool website somewhere and it made you find "conspiracy religion".

This is neither here nor there. I need to agree with the previous poster- the OP admits the Facebook account owner was an ex-GF so he's all but admitting he's doing this just to piss her off. From the ex-GF's own words she's trying to gently tell him she doesn't care and she wants him to go away but you conspiracy people just can't accept the fact that other people aren't as outer space paranoid over shadows as you are so you try to "convert" them. That's the whole reason why this guy came here to this forum- to get help in "converting" him and pissing her off.

In case it hasn't occurred to you conspiracy fanatics...and from the sounds of your blind zealotry it obviously hasn't...when you people act like complete and utter a**holes like this, noone is ever going to take what you're saying seriously. I hope the momentary pleasure from this schadenfreude is worth the credibility of your beloved conspiracy movement taking a good swift kick in the teeth to you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join