It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence Targeting Of Religious Org's For Recruitment, Indoctrination And Experimentation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
While I did grow up in the Mormon Church and have been more than open regarding my own experiences regarding psychotronic experimentation, the impetus for this thread actually comes from a loose association made recently regarding Seventh Day Adventists.

Some background -

This was taken from a seemingly innocuous Activity Plan for the NSA -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e767eb062223.jpg[/atsimg]

Note the following highlighted...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a08b256102b9.jpg[/atsimg]

The following is what picqued my interest as I just came across it -

Operation Whitecoat was the name given to a secret operation carried out by the US Army during the period 1954-1973, which included conducting medical experiments on volunteers nicknamed "White Coats". The volunteers, all conscientious objectors and many members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, had to consent to the research before participating. The stated purpose of the experiments was to defend troops and civilians against biological weapons, and it was believed that the Soviet Union was engaged in similar activities.

Link

Now the time frame of the two 'events' are definitely very different and Operation White Coat was indeed undertaken with the caveat of consent (though having the option of going to war in Vietnam or being experimented upon seems like a dubious choice to be given, in my opinion).

But the it is exactly this difference in time and the focus on this particular brand of religion that has me curious.

Why would the NSA have a focus on the "empowerment of youth in the Seven Day Adventist community"?

As well, I have mentioned that I grew up Mormon and have had some experiences, but there is certainly some others who have encountered something of note within the Mormon Church.

Please read Presiding Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Glen L. Pace's inside memo report to the LDS Church Hierarchy (on this web site) on the masonic, satanic sexual and physical abuse of over 60 victims individually who reported leaders of the LDS Church as the perpetrators; Bishops, Stake Presidents, Regional Representatives, Tabernacle Choir members and even higher! In confirmation of Bishop Pace's research of wide-spread incest and satanic abuse in Utah, the book Paper Dolls* is a true expose of organized satanic sexual abuse of neighborhood children occurring in two affluent Salt Lake City neighborhods and some of the key perpetrators are the daughter and son-in-law of an Apostle of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. *Kaganoff, Penny, "Paperbacks -- Paper Dolls: A True Story of Childhood Sexual Abuse in Mormon Neighborhoods by April Daniels and Carol Scott", Publishers Weekly May 31, 1993; 240:22 p. 46

Now deceased, "Apostle" Neal Maxwell was a CIA agent (confirmed by the SLC Tribune) who also worked for Senator Wallace Bennett, father to Robert (Bob) Bennett. Bob Bennett has been mentioned numerous times in connection to his role in the mind control program for "world peace".

Link

I find it very interesting (I was aware of CIA involvement in the Mormon Church but wasn't aware of this) that a high ranking member of the church was not only CIA but working with a Senator.

For what aim?

(I suspect the answer but let us continue)...

He apparently has been accused of bringing some MK-ULTRA techniques to Salt Lake City roughly about the same time that the Seventh Day Adventists were being experimented upon with chemical agents.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that some of the 'objective' resources presented do not add up to an open and shut case. However, there is enough there, as well as some subjective experience on my part, to entertain the possibility that in the search for obedient subjects and naive experimentee's that there was/is a focus on religious centric individuals who have a pre-disposition towards authority figures and as well have an inherent belief that God will take care of them.

This thread is intended to bring this possibility up for discussion. In no way, despite my inclined belief, am I stating my suspicions as truth. In no way do I intend for this topic to devolve into an argument on the viability of God or religion in general.

This is an honest look at the potential correlations between our intelligence community and our religious organizations. Any further examples would be very much appreciated and I implore ATS members to take this topic seriously.

Edit for title.

[edit on Tue, 31 Aug 2010 12:12:29 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Though i am not aware at present of any overt mind control/MK Ultra activity within the mormon church, i do agree that such an organisation would be a perfect place to find recruits for these type of program.
Having been also raised wityhin the latter Day Saint faith, i would go so far as to say that the church practices a great degree of subtle and not so subtle mind control in raising its children anyways.
One thing about the church that i do know, is that Howard Hughes emplyed Mormons to be his personal assistants and bodyguards.
That years ago 30-40 (ive been out a long time)it was common church saying that the presidency hung by the thread of the priesthood(Melchezedic mormon priesthood)at that time...(back in Romneys hayday)
whatever gave them the reasoning to say such thing i am not sure....(i was pretty young) it just goes to show the political bent of the church....
I have no doubts that there is collusion but to what extent i cannot say......
Reseach into the socio political scene of the MK Ulta period may just turn up some results....
memory dims, specially when you block it out deliberately....
Ill have to give it some more thought and research but im sure that the Mormon church has been active behind the scenes in some surprising ways....
Much like a cult, the church life, just seems to take up much of ones own life...and the people are encouraged to mostly stay within the church circle...sunday school, church, and other meetings during the week too....
Its a self contained existance which requires much denial on the part of the member to maintain the faith so to speak.(not that the same couldnt be said for some other churches too)

[edit on 31-8-2010 by stirling]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Well, having lived around the corner from a Seventh Day Adventist church, I knew they held services on Saturday, not Sunday, and that is about it honestly.

I no longer live in that area or I might go ask some questions of them.

Without going into specifics, because I am a non-denominational Christian, I will give my thoughts on this, so as to not offend, and or give away anything presenting as anti-religion.

When it comes to a church, you already have a flock of sorts, who are looking for someone to follow.

As well as this you get fundamentalists, extremists, and religiously zealous individuals.

Who are taught to follow authority without question, for the most part.

With the usage of experimentation against civilians, soldiers, and or volunteers, it is to me something I wholeheartedly disagree with, because not only are these targets of opportunity by those facilitating the experimentation, but a means to sidestep morality for an alleged "higher cause".

Does recruitment happen within these religious organizations?

Of this I have no doubt.

Does indoctrination happen within these religious organizations?

Of this I have no doubt.

Does experimentation happen within these religious organizations?

Of this I have no doubt.

As I previously mentioned, a willing flock of followers, who will not question authority.

Between Operation Whitecoat, the Tuskegee Airmen, and those at the nuclear testing at the White Sands, I see far too many immoral practices.

These events are a badge of shame upon America's soul as far as I am concerned.

Just because Shirō Ishii and Unit 731 operated during WWII does not give Fort Detrick, then Camp Detrick the moral forgiveness to do the same.

The Medusa File : Secret Crimes and Coverups of the U. S. Government

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8646c65fe86a.jpg[/atsimg]

While not specifically on the topic, in regards with your thread, it is a distant relative.

Rifle Warrior Website : "The Medusa File: Crimes and Coverups of the US Government" by Craig Roberts

Craig Roberts examines some of the deep dark secrets and cover-ups of our Government.

He references Shirō Ishii and the Tuskegee Airmen though.

I am betting you will love the book, MemoryShock, good thread by the way.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
In the early nineties I worked as a travel agent in Bethesda Maryland a suburb of Washington DC.

One of my clients was the President of the Missionary Arm of the Seventh Day Adventist Church. They maintained their headquarters nearby in Silver Springs MD.

I coordinated the travel of him and his staff in and out of war zones like Sarajevo and Mogadishu and to remote locations in the Amazon Jungle and Brazilian Rain Forest, Argentina and Paraguay and Uruguay.

Missionaries in charge at these remote locations would frequently call me directly from those locations to arrange their travel and charge its cost to the Headquarters.

Yet as time went on something very peculiar occurred to me, without hardly any exception they were all basically much older and elderly men, who spoke in heavy German accents as was the actual President of the Seventh Day Adventist Missionary Arm.

So one day in my lovable way I came right out and asked the President of the Missionary Arm if in fact these men calling me were all former SS Officers as they were in all the places that the SS Leadership was alleged to have fled after the war.

He looked at me and his eyes and face lit up with a smile for a moment and then quickly turned to a frown and he replied “Please never say that, not even in joking”.

Yet I got the sense that the initial smile was one of “Ah the good old days” and the following frown and admonishment to be discreet was akin to “Shhh that’s a secret”.

So I think in a nutshell that might explain why the Seventh Day Adventists are prepared to work with the CIA who coincidentally appears to have incorporated many SS Members into its own operations.

I also can say I have the distinction of being a little familiar with Mormonism as I am married to but estranged from a Mormon woman.

When we first started dating, the Stake President was quite upset that she was not only dating a non-Mormon but also that he had hoped she would form a romantic relationship with his own son that had long expressed such an interest in her.

To entice her to stop dating me, he threatened excommunication from the Church if she didn’t end our relationship but offered her a full scholarship to Brigham Young if she stopped dating me and started dating his son.

So the smaller sects like the Seventh Day Adventists and the Mormons are in a good position to help sweep things under the carpet that might be very beneficial in a CIA experiment gone awry.

I think it’s important to consider too that Religion and Government are much closer in partnership than most people presume, after all our Officers of government do swear oaths on the Bible and that would be the Holy Roman Bible, and they do ask for God’s help, and that would be the legally defined God by treaty the Vicar of Christ, God’s legal representative on earth the Pope in Rome.

That the Secret Societies and the Intelligence Agencies as are the governments in bed with Rome are an absolute in my opinion, the power of nations is but an extension of the divine right of kings which is tied to and dependent on religion.

Interesting thread MemoryShock starred and flagged.

[edit on 3/9/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I just wanted to add, that there are particular religious groups of what were once quoted as pure breeds. As the previous posters have covered, following and not questioning is one that appeals to such an org. Another prime and purged religious group that alters the core understanding of social interaction from within a family and extends to the church are also hot spots for recruiting. Many are tracked throughout their academic progress and once they have achieved a particular level is when the official contact begins. Official meaning for internal process and by no means is the intended recruit made aware of the person(s) intentions until a profile is built. Usually takes several months by infiltrating his or her social life in order to classify the risk process and if he or she would be a suitable candidate.

edit: Forgot to add link to give a clearer picture link

[edit on 3-9-2010 by tristar]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Official meaning for internal process and by no means is the intended recruit made aware of the person(s) intentions until a profile is built.

Such is why this is a difficult topic to vette...social engineering must be required learning in some circles...

I once thought, when I learned of the psychiatric hospitals in Long Island and immediate surrounding environs that there was a possibility that immigrants were cherry picked for some experiments...

I still think that but as society has expanded I now also think that it is a matter of just convincing people in their faith system (whatever it may be) and such manipulation is covert at its' extreme.

And completely wrong as most of the science, in my considered opinion, is subjective bias on the part of those who are imposing such experiments. Morally and scientifically wrong...but they get the funding so...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I see your point, it is similar to asking a person to sit in a round room and asking him to point to the four corners within the room, as the room is round then obviously there are no corners, however, often enough the person(s) almost fail to point to the door frame that has four corners. So yes, science is and almost always is manipulated to accommodate the current social structure on a global scale. As i have said before, keeping it in plain view makes it almost invisible.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The Utah Lighthouse Ministry has a book on some of what you were speaking of, called Satanic Ritual Abuse and Mormonism...I read it years ago, it is hardly conclusive, but interesting...

(Slightly off-topic, they have a nice little article on-line Introduction to 3913 Changes in the Book of Mormon...righteous good reading...)

[edit on 3-9-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

top topics

join