It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the world goes to hell,what will you do?Will you be prepared?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
First off yes i know there has probably been many threads about this subject so please forgive and take pity on me,i'm new.The purpose for this thread is this,to toss around ideas for surviving nuclear,biological and chemical warfare attacks,Armageddon, natural disasters,meteror strikes or even world government takeover and anything else that could possibly happen.I have known for quite some time that hard times were ahead so i have been preparing for those times.The question i am proposing to my fellow ATS survivalists is this,what are you doing to get prepared?I have been preparing for a long time and i am anxious to know what everyone else is doing to get prepared so that i can get some more ideas on what to do to prepare. Personally i have been storing non perishable food and canned goods and also lots of sugar,salt,rice,beans and wheat to make bread.I have also been storing lots of bottled water and medical supplies including alcohol,peroxide,bandages,neddle and thread,scalpels and other alternative medicines and supplies.I also have been buying up personal hygiene stuff soap,toothbrushes,toothpaste,shampoo,toilet paper,feminine products for my girlfriend and sisters and the rest of my female family,baby wipes,deodarant and hand sanitizer.I have also been stockpiling weapons and ammunition enough to start a small war.I even bought a few full body nuclear,chemical and biological warfare protection suits.I have even been buying lots of books to preserve our history,knowledge and wisdom.Living out in the country does have a few perks,no nosy neighbors,finding your house is difficult,nobody really knows where you live,lots of woods for cover and hunting.I suggest to survivalists to move out into the country as soon as possible.I know with the economy its difficult but it could very well save your life and your family's.If i have missed something please point it out so that i can store that as well.So,what have you been doing to get prepared?(Note to mods-Please edit my post because i have not learned how exactly to do that yet hence no paragraphs.I would really appreciate it thanks.) (found the edit button still dont know how it works though)

[edit on 31-8-2010 by I Want To Believe]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hello there!
Firstly, I think that it's great you're taking the time to buy all of these essential goodies, but I am going to throw a wrench in your plans with a possible What-if scenario...

What if you're in your car, coming from work or somewhere, and TSHTF? The event is happening so fast, that you know you don't have enough time to grab your gtfo bag or survival supplies, what do you do? You have to act soon, because your life depends on it. So you are left to deal with what you have on you.

It can happen, it is very likely to happen to most of us, being at the wrong place at the wrong time with nothing but the clothes on your back and a will to preserve your life. In this case, I think the best thing anyone can do, is to gain a geographic, and botanical knowledge of the environments and ecosystems they live near or in. That way, you can run to the hills, and be able to forage off the land with confidence of the plants you're picking for food consumption and healing.

Learning how to make weapons out of organic material can also be a useful tool when you've been left with nothing. Anything can happen to your stuff, keep that in mind, people are going to want to steal from you, and if there's more of them or they have the big guns, there is nothing you can do but comply.

Also, I've heard of some members finding specific locations out in the wild where they purposefully bury their goods in the ground and put it in route to their preplanned wig-out destination (if you haven't, invest in an laminated map, GPS, and compass). You don't want to carry too much with you, so just bring your most essential belongings in a travel pack and have your heavier, convenience items buried in whatever spot you choose.

It is good to have a specific safe-house/destination if you live in a highly populated area, because being in a city when TSHTF is asking for trouble. You shouldn't trust anyone in a crowd of frantic, panicky people/sheeple.

Now, with all this said, I find it funny, that I know I am not prepared AT ALL. I figure, I don't have a car, I don't have much money, so if things look like they are going south, I'm just going to hitchhike until I can get up to the woods, and go from there. I'm a lady, and the monthly deal is something I just can't let hold me back, I know I purposefully won't bring any supplies, because then, it can be easier to get tracked by bears and wolves or even worse, people. I don't know what I am going to do, but I know I will survive. Got to, right?

yeah, I know I'm done for, but hopefully I could help someone out with this info.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by leira7]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If TSHTF....? Most of the time when people are asked what they will do after some huge event they say "Im going to Disney Land!", well, Im going to say "Ill take over Disney Land!". I figure they have enough there to survive for a while.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Yes i have considered all of that already which is why i already have some supplies stocked in my car food,water,medical supplies and of couse weapons and other supplies.I already live out in the country and i have supplies stored in my basement and cellar.I have also buried supplies in surronding areas to my house so that isnt a problem either.I also bought books about the local vegetation and wildlife.I realize that i could be caught off guard any second but this preparation isnt just for me its also for my family and friends so that they will also survive.Believe me NOBODY is getting into my house not even Chuck Norris could get into my house,my brother would snipe him before he even got close,well okay maybe Chuck Norris could get into my house but he would be the only one.I have made my house into a fortress specifically for that purpose.Thank you very much for your suggestions and insight.About the no car situation perhaps you should consider investing in a bicycle or a motorized scooter that gets like 80 mpg and possibly a military backpack to stock some supplies in.If you dont have a weapon consider getting a knife,taser,baseball bat,crowbar,taser or a bottle of wasp and bee killer its just as powerful as pepper spay with four times the spray reach or maybe all of thee above.Good luck!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I am not asking what you will do after TSHTF i am asking what you are doing before TSHTF.What has disney land got to do with this thread?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I am alot more prep minded than most. i have my passport and other places to be.
some gold tucked away. if i dont have the foresight to get out of the way, then i
can hunker down where i'm at and go from there.
there's no harm in having some extra food and ammo around..run some "what-if" plays in your head..have some plans..besides taking over disneyland.
mickey mouse will be a rabid rat in no time.
but, i do have heavy duty bolt cutters to break in or out with.
i cant seem to stockpile any beer...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
just to answer the title, sorry, but its already there

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am going to eat babies, and drink the blood of irish wemon.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
what-if scenarios-
the road jam up..an emp renders cars useless
or for some reason roads become impassable.
the grid is out or no power, water, heat, a/c, communication.
no police, you are plunged into uncertainty, things around you unhinge ..
now play even if-
you are perfectly situated- how will you stay that way?
if there's a desperate wave of survivors..
you get sick..ambushed..have to move.
to rapidly put the brakes on this whole shebang
is going to put some thru the windshield
and those buckled in to a burning wreck.
lotsa luck.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
current weapon bargains -
the makarov auto for 200
a rugged little police issued pistol.
the mosin-nagant rifle for 100
big heavy long range powerhouse.
h&r shotgun for 120
if this is all you had you'd be ok.
check out the slingshot channel-
a bow is good to have..all quiet.
machete, light axe, some sturdy knives.
or in disarmed countries -(thankfully foreign to me)
a cane, tools , scissors, a change purse full of coins..
amped up airguns i suppose..what did angry villagers have?
pitchforks..flails..hammer and tong..quarter staff..
-pvc compressed air cannons are remarkable.
my buddy made one that would launch a munition
like a mortar-500 yards easy..
the best weapon you have is your thinking helmet.
strap it on boys and girls!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The most important thing for me for "preparation" is having made plans for meeting friends in several scenarios, as the chance of being at the right place is too little, and we assume that if something big is going to happen we need to leave our area because of climate conditions and the high numbers of inhabitants. The most important thing of those plans is that there is a goal to focus on in the middle of panic of others.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

I also have my passport though its not going to do me a whole lot of good because if something happens airplanes wont be going anywhere.Unless you have your own airplane or a boat you are stuck.I also have gold and silver tucked away for bartering purposes.Liquor and cigarettes would also make good bartering items.I already thought of the emp scenario which is which is why i bought and now drive a 1968 Dodge Charger,a completely mechanical car even with emp itll still drive.Water,electricity,a/c and communication i have already thought all of this out.There is a water hand pump in my basement so that isnt going to be a problem i already have generators and gasoline in my basement as well along with a radio system.Getting ambushed isnt a problem either,i have fortified my house and have enough guns and ammunition to ward off an army.Thank you for your suggestions and info.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by I Want To Believe]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Uhh..........why are you going to be eating babies and drinking the blood of irish ''wemon''. Second line.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What am I doing before TSHTF, nothing really except trying to live as God intended us all to live..

After TSHTF, I have a very small prepaid, modest, and humble place in HEAVEN all staked out.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

When the world goes to hell what will I do?
Crack a Guiness and laugh a bit.
Laughter I think would be in short supply soon after a catastrophe.
Now, will I be ready?
That depends on what kind of shtf scenario we are talking about, if our planet collides with another then I would believe nobody on earth would be properly prepared.
Other situations I may or may not be prepared, we'll see.
Until the shtf I will live a happy life and so should you, otherwise there is no sense in any of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

I too also have a mansion awaiting me in Gods house but not yet brother,not yet.Jesus said that in the last days it will be like in Noahs time and in Noahs day he had to have a ark of safety for himself and his family.What is your ark?It could very well be that perhaps God will hide you in His secret place which is in His shadow but then again perhaps not.I am preparing for the perhaps not possibility.Good luck and God bless

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Hey, here is a thought - the world is going to survive and so are you!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Maybe you should change your name to cat who dont know s#*t
two thirds will be wiped out in a series of mayjor cataclisms to the
detriment of the unprepared , maybe someone from this thread will
be on the fortunate side of the fence, a one in three chance at worst.
What do you think your chances would be in such a situation?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Maybe i follow the majority. (not really)

ilovecharts.tumblr.com...

26.media.tumblr.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Before TSHTF you get this.

i.imgur.com...
i.imgur.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join