It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Taliban wishing for success of campaign to block Islamic cultural center

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Interesting article from Newsweek...


Taliban officials know it’s sacrilegious to hope a mosque will not be built, but that’s exactly what they’re wishing for: the success of the fiery campaign to block the proposed Islamic cultural center and prayer room near the site of the Twin Towers in lower Manhattan.

Source

Will this backfire? Seems to me it's more of the lose-lose situation some people view this as. Which loss will cost us more?

America’s enemies in Afghanistan are delighted by the vehement public opposition to the proposed “Ground Zero mosque.” The backlash against the project has drawn the heaviest e-mail response ever on jihadi Web sites, Zabihullah claims—far bigger even than France’s ban on burqas earlier this year.

Pretty good video from Newsweek on the page too.



[edit on 8/31/2010 by ~Lucidity]




posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i always thought it was a psyop to get the ones who believe 9-11 was done by solely by saudi terrorists. Using them to create a mini-civil war thats containable somehow. Just look at all the people who opposed it. I personaly wonder that because of the FOX connection funding it, and his connections to other organisations which are in the pockets of globalist interest.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by trutherman]



posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm glad you posted this, Lucidity. I have been pondering how the reaction of many people to this mosque is only serving to fuel the hatred Muslims already have for us. Looks like that's exactly what "they" want.



posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
I'm glad you posted this, Lucidity. I have been pondering how the reaction of many people to this mosque is only serving to fuel the hatred Muslims already have for us. Looks like that's exactly what "they" want.


I really dont care if they hate us. why try and be friend a culture that inslaves there woman and pratices religion by force.

No Hard feelings



posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


I don't think you got my point. My point isn't the hate they have for us. My point is that these kinds of situations are giving the Taliban fuel for the fire to recruit people. Just like every time a suicide bomber makes an attack on Americans or some nutjob tries to get on a plane with a bomb, we get all up in arms and use that anger/hatred to bolster support for the war.

When people try to burn down Mosque's, block their construction, and ban burkas (i.e. show their intolerance to Islam) we only make them want to hurt us more.

Why do you think most of us have been taught to turn the other cheek, walk the other way, be the bigger person? Because to retaliate only escalates the situation and creates an endless cycle of violence. Let's break it.

You can have your opinions about Muslims/Islam, but when people act out on them and infringe on their rights and violate their safety, a serious line has been crossed, and I don't think these actions should in any way, shape, or form be condoned by any freedom loving American.



posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Taqiyya.

Reverse psychology.

Anything they say is just show for the west.



posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13
 


Yes all valid points but it can go the other way. Why let them build here when we can’t build there. I know they have the right to because we are in America but that’s beside the point. At one point we will turn the check so many times we will be taken over. Not by Muslims per say but any group or nation.



posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


I don't think you got my point. My point isn't the hate they have for us. My point is that these kinds of situations are giving the Taliban fuel for the fire to recruit people. Just like every time a suicide bomber makes an attack on Americans or some nutjob tries to get on a plane with a bomb, we get all up in arms and use that anger/hatred to bolster support for the war.

When people try to burn down Mosque's, block their construction, and ban burkas (i.e. show their intolerance to Islam) we only make them want to hurt us more.

Why do you think most of us have been taught to turn the other cheek, walk the other way, be the bigger person? Because to retaliate only escalates the situation and creates an endless cycle of violence. Let's break it.

You can have your opinions about Muslims/Islam, but when people act out on them and infringe on their rights and violate their safety, a serious line has been crossed, and I don't think these actions should in any way, shape, or form be condoned by any freedom loving American.


this is the most f up thinking post i ever heard.

how many cheeks you have? 2 or 4?

"i give you 1 cheek, don't push it"

lol, you really like saying this stuff.

like some 3rd rate band with the same variation on a theme in every song.
like alot here, not only you.

don't want you to think you're special.


come over and hold a sign for them somewhere. let's see your fat face on fox yelling about rights for muslims.





we ban a burka and they blow up a plane. ya, sounds about right.



posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


You logic is incredibly fallacious. Because they don't let us build, we shouldn't let them build here? I won't even waste my time pointing out why this is so incredibly backwards. I'm astonished at how many people use this logic as a defense to their intolerance and an excuse to their willingness to throw the Constitution out the window.

Since when does America circumvent its Constitution in order to "stick it to" American-born citizens who only have the Muslim religion in common with countries who have terrible practices and laws?



posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
More Irony. Osama Bin Laden wanted to destroy the economy with his attack on the WTC. Our nation obliged the wish and sent our country into endless defense spending. Now Fox news wants the same thing as the Taliban.




posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks
 


All hostility aside, I would like to clarify my point. While I do believe in self defense, I don't believe that suspending constitutional rights of citizens is every okay in order to wage a war against enemies.

What I was meaning to say was after 9/11, Bush was going on about how we will continue life as it was. We won't let them get one up on us. But we did exactly the opposite and here we are debating whether or not Muslims should have rights in this country just like everyone else.

edit: grammar correction

[edit on 31-8-2010 by nunya13]



posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
reply to post by nunya13
 


Yes all valid points but it can go the other way. Why let them build here when we can’t build there. I know they have the right to because we are in America but that’s beside the point. At one point we will turn the check so many times we will be taken over. Not by Muslims per say but any group or nation.


Also: who is this "we"?
Would it be enough to have a catholic church in Mekka? Or would "we" need to build all possible churches in Mekka? Are the saudis allowed to exclude scientology and the Westboros? Do we need to also build a Mosque in the Vatican? (Could we not? It is really hard to find a place there)

Thats the thing about freedom camaro68ss. You really can't go for the lowest common denominator. Because that would propably be North Korea.
Yes: People in other places have less liberties than here. But you giving your liberties up/have them taken away is not turning the other cheek, and is not helping either.



posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that the man-in-the-arab-street is ever recruited to jihadism by the argument that "westerners are hypocrites and denying muslims their freedom of religion in western countries."

Such a thought is predicated upon a whole slew of Amero-european assumptions that are irrelevant outside of the west anyway.

No, the terrorist recruiting campaign is a lot simpler:

"Allahu Akbar!"




top topics



 
5

log in

join