It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 8 Killed in Cancun Bar Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

At Least 8 Killed in Cancun Bar Attack

www.foxnews.com

At least eight people were killed when Molotov cocktails were thrown into a bar in the Mexican town of Cancun, a resort area popular with U.S. tourists, officials said Tuesday.

"The death of eight people is confirmed. Six on site -- including four women -- and two others in hospital, also women," prosecutor Francisco Alor Quezada, from the southeastern state of Quintana Roo, told AFP.

According to witnesses, six men threw the Molotov cocktails at the establishment which had reported two attempts at extortion, apparently by the Zetas drug cartel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It seems that things are getting worse in Mexico. I just hope things don't spill over into the US. I wonder what the point of this attack was and why they seem to be on a murder spree in Mexico. I hope no one is planning on going to Cancun any time soon because if things keep getting worse then there won't be a Mexico to go to.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

Things have ALREADY jumped the border into the US. Go to any border town/city newspaper and read the attacks and criminal actions of these cartels within the US border towns!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I believe that it is high time that the US begin to apply some of it's real power to dealing with the Zeta situation.

It will take a concerted effort by the Department of Defense in the form of Special Ops (Delta Force), perhaps not a few of those supposed CIA contractors in the theater of operations, and Interpol to eliminate the threat once and for all.

I know there are 'reasons' why the government is so 'clinically detached' from the threat, but are we just going to have to wait until some rich industrialist or political figures' child gets whacked or hurt before we demand action?

THIS is the "security" we expect to be getting from our government.... instead they are chasing goat herders and carpet weavers thousands of miles away where no American goes unless its for profit.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Anyone up for a vacation?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
My aunt was just in Cancun this week-end... scary.

Local media reports said the attack happened at around 1am local time Tuesday. It set off a fire which destroyed the bar, which is in a residential area not frequented by tourists, officials said.

But of course there could be tourists there, not doing ``american tourism``... meaning getting out of the hotel and exploring...

The cartels are not hitting tourists sites yet, but they are getting closer and closer.

If I were a cartel boss, I would attack tourism sites. Why? Only a few attacks would mean the tourism industry crashing to the ground.

What would that do? It would crash the economy in those parts where tourism is the only thing left...

What a crashed economy does? People buy more drugs, people are pissed at the government, easier to recruit for your drug cartel... just like the Talibans...

It would be win win win for the drug cartels...

The only downside of doing this would probably be the Mexican government putting more resources against the cartels... but since the tourism economy crashing... the Mexican government would have less money... for police and military... again win win for the cartels...

Cartels are either stupid for not attacking tourists or controlled.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind

I just hope things don't spill over into the US.

You are joking, right?

Come and pay us a visit down here in Arizona and we'll show you as much "spill over" as you can stomach.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

yeah but I heard this was a long way away from the brothel area.. So no worries.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

The article implied that the bombing was a result of extortion, ie. good ol school "protection" money. Its a mafia classic.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i hope the american violence doesn't spill over across the boarder into mexico. mexicos fine indigenous people do not need to be corrupted by the likes of us. we already flood their country with our drugs and weapons... oh wait.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I know there are 'reasons' why the government is so 'clinically detached' from the threat, but are we just going to have to wait until some rich industrialist or political figures' child gets whacked or hurt before we demand action?

Yes.

I should probably say more I suppose. But the simple answer is, yes. Until some pretty, young, blonde, Natalee Holloway type is killed by the cartels, we won't do anything about it.

As soon as the press and the politicians get a poster child/martyr, then some real action will take place.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

You are joking, right?

Come and pay us a visit down here in Arizona and we'll show you as much "spill over" as you can stomach.

Must be some spillover, because according to this lady, AZ is nowhere near the Mexican border...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It seems that things are getting worse in Mexico. I just hope things don't spill over into the US.

Why dont you read a little more on the border states. IT ALREADY HAS.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Yes.

I should probably say more I suppose. But the simple answer is, yes. Until some pretty, young, blonde, Natalee Holloway type is killed by the cartels, we won't do anything about it.

As soon as the press and the politicians get a poster child/martyr, then some real action will take place.
Some texan girl tried to be a so called coyote to help illegals in. she was found beaten to death in a truck if i think.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Originally posted by Retseh

You are joking, right?

Must be some spillover, because according to this lady, AZ is nowhere near the Mexican border...

The stupid....it burns.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Come on folks, quit vacationing in Cancun, and the whole enchilada known as Mexico for that matter.
This is exactly why I have decided to boycott that country, much to the disappointment of my fiancee because we norrmally visit Cancun about two to three times a summer. It's conveniently only two hours from DFW, same timezone, beautiful aqua marine beach, BUT now extremely dangerous.
Quit pumping money into that economy because the people need to get to the point where they themselves will rise up against the drug cartels. It's got to start from within.

And it's not just Cancun.
Two years ago we were in Cabo San Lucas and a vacationing jet skier pulled a body out of the ocean.
He brought the rotting carcass to shore and the jet ski owner proceeded to rent the jet ski to the next person.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Ya, like you are going to make their standard of living any worse?
I like the sentiment, but Mexico is already a two-class, third world, cartel dictatorship with a sham government financed by the US. Cuba is run a million percent better than Mexico.

Boycott all you want, but the tourism dollars stay at the beach, and they go back to the developed country corporations that put the resorts there. The tourism dollars are not going to the Mexican people, or to the Mexican government, except in the form of kickbacks and bribes to officials.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That women needs to get spanked with the 'New World Atlas' then sent to that border state that isn't, and forced to live 10 feet from the border. I bet then she might learn a thing or two about geography!
Like ..You know..Get smartened!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Quit vacationing in Cancun.

Costa Rica is not that far away and is a lot better country.

A lot less corruption and the local like Americans.

And i real strange thing is few illegal ever come from Costa Rica.
every other central American country has a lot of illegals coming to the US except for Costa Rica.

The few from Costa Rica rarely cause any problems and are a lot less likely to be arrested for crimes.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I believe that it is high time that the US begin to apply some of it's real power to dealing with the Zeta situation.

It will take a concerted effort by the Department of Defense in the form of Special Ops (Delta Force), perhaps not a few of those supposed CIA contractors in the theater of operations, ...

You have drones and whatnot crossing the border into Pakistan to execute people you suspect to be terrorists, (along with civilians and others unknown). Me wonders what the problem is on your southern border and what is holding you back from doing the same???

Its not below you to do it there, why not here??

I'm not advocating this mind you, just wondering what's holding you back. Oh wait, yes, you have how many million Latinos in America? You might just get slapped back for trying something like that.

Ok. Disregard my question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join