It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China pouring thousands of troops in Kashmir

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Speaking of Sun Tzu, which is true that it is an insight into the chinese mind.

Read "Three Kingdoms" to get even further insight into the chinese mind.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Vitchilo

I have two short words to say to China.

F--k you.

Here's three words for you.

Gaat Ni Ma

[edit on 1-9-2010 by sticky]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I would like to have you take a picture with these three kangaroo's.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hmm as an Indian I wont mind if Chinese capture POK area [pakistan occupied Kashmir] . This will be a blessing for India. First Kashmir separatists will not have any support from Pakistan and they will not like to join China at any point since China is very tough on muslims. The second point is we will have a valid argument to keep thousands of soldiers in the border area citing probable chinese invasion and Islamic militants infiltrations across the border will fall to zero. Win win situation for India.

Considering India and Iran gas pipeline , after all calculations and Pak-India relationship India has noticed that this will not be a economically feasible project and can be waste of money. If a massive solar grid can be installed for the same cost it will eventually more profitable for India.

Ofcourse Indian govt. is giving closer attention to the latest development in that area.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Excuse me!

Please show how I have been 'swallowing the brainwashing propaganda from another communist dictatorship'!

First of all, who did I respond in my comment?...

Second of all, if you agree with that other member sorry to say then it's true whether you are doing knowingly or unknowingly.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
China and oil security, very good study here and the security aspects of a pipleline proposal through Kashmir and other areas in Pakistan with maps. PDF

CHINA'S OIL SECURITY PIPE DREAM

www.upi.com...

recent news regarding Russia and China oil security and the ESPO pipeline

Putin hails link to ESPO pipeline

BLAGOVESHCHENSK, Russia, Aug. 30 (UPI) -- Building a 2,000-mile oil pipeline to markets in China will give diversity to the Russian energy sector, the Russian prime minister said. Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin took part in a weekend ceremony in eastern Russia to mark the opening ceremony for a section of the Russia-China oil pipeline, .

www.upi.com...

The Russia-China oil pipeline will stretch from the Amur region in southeast Russia to Heilongjiang province in northeastern China. The pipeline is part of the East Siberia-Pacific oil pipeline. ESPO would transit more than 2,000 miles from Eastern Siberia to move Russian oil to China. The first leg of ESPO is designed to carry 220.5 million barrels of oil per year along a route from starting in East Siberia and then about 1,700 miles east. A second leg is envisioned to carry 367.5 million barrels of oil per year along a 1,300-mile route to the Pacific Ocean.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by BANANAMONTANA]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Let's please remember our manners.

There have been some posts in this thread that don't meet ATS standards for civility.

Let's please stay on topic and avoid further unpleasantness.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Master Shen long replied to me stating he agreed with what I had said.

You replied...
"Naa, more like another one swallowing the brainwashing propaganda from another communist dictatorship... "

Implying I was swallowing the brainwashing propaganda from another communist dictatorship...

So again, please show me how I have!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
China plays it's own hand and plays a long game.

Exactly.

Reminds me of a quote attributed to Chinese leader Chou En Lai

When asked about the historical impact of the 1789 French Revolution he replied :
" It is too soon to tell "

The long game indeed.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

...Read what chen has been posting. He has been ignoring the history of the CCP and what they have done to their own for decades yet wants to put "all of the U.S." as if we were the bad guys.

We have read several times in these forums how the chinese military has executed people who had been trying to escape the chinese invasion and occupation of Tibet. Yet this member...chen...wants to claim that a chinese occupation would have been less bloody....

He is trying to use and twist any comments that are favorable to the CCP, and you are going along with it. You did not even specify that you don't agree with a lot of what chen is claiming.

Silence often implies consent and even agreement.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Some years ago Kashmir ranked Number One on my list of the most beautiful places on Earth. I can imagine China planning a new capital in Kashmir as their long arms reach through Pakistan to the Gulf. The Chinese are not concerned by thoughts of armed conflict with India, but they should be. Underestimating an enemy has led to the fall of other Chinese empires and kingdoms.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

But that is Master Shen Long and not me.

How can this be construed as believing too much propoganda?
"China plays it's own hand and plays a long game.

As has been said previously, there has long been border disputes between India / Pakistan and China and the region is a veritable powder keg.

China also has it's problems with Muslim extremists and has suspected for some time that there are training camps in the border region with Pakistan.

Who knows what China's motives and intentions are, there may indeed be a number of contributory factors and aims. "

And what exactly is wrong with agreeing with it?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I think that there is nothing wrong with that,China is still a developing country ,they need to develope their economy ,what is more i think maybe they want to prevent India from attacking.So this is a vital action in self-protection for Chinese.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My brother-in-law works for a company that has large factories in China. He has to make several trips there to supervise the workers to ensure they are doing the work according to specific design. He has told me before that every electronic gadget and new apartment is bought as fast as they are made. It only makes sense to me that China is setting up to gain more land by force if necessary.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Oh my.. I think it is the other way around.. The Indians need to wake up to the motives of the Chinese.

The primary motive is clear: They're probably military engg corps that are ensure that are building a transit route right down to Gwadar the Pak port (built by the Chinese), so as to relieve themselves of the dependency on the Malacca Straits for energy. They know that is one area they will get screwed over in a long drawn out conflict with a colossal naval power like the US. Block the supply of fuel and the Chinese will wither like the Japanese did in WWII.

But honestly speaking.. this act will certainly shock and perplex/worry the Indians. Its like the Indians deploying a bunch of troops in Taiwan. I mean, its a sensitive area which has always been a two-sided affair, bilateral.. If a third guy jumps into the fray.. at least one of the other two (the uninformed one) will be like : wtf?!

One more interesting piece of info here: Chinese have started admitting people in Indian administered Kashmir with visas on pieces of paper. They do not require to have an Indian passport. The same is not said for the people in Pak occupied Kashmir. The Chinese are indirectly 'not recognizing' the Indian part of Kashmir as being under Indian sovereignty.
www.hindustantimes.com...

Its all boiling up to a tipping point. Now, who would help India, in case a surprise invasion (liberation in the minds of the aggressors) was carried out in IoK by Chinese and Pak forces?
The 'moral motive' is almost ready in terms of presenting itself. Consider this:
www.guardian.co.uk...

The Army Commander of the Indian Army in Kashmir was denied a visa to China; now you cannot be more explicit than that: www.reuters.com...

Turmoil in Kashmir: People have started rioting and revolting in Kashmir for the last couple of months. 'Teenagers and children being shot, women being raped' etc.. And I can confirm that this is total 180 degree switch from 2008 and 2009 where Anti-India sentiment was at its all-time lowest in the last 2 decades in these 2 years. So it seems to be choreographed/canned or at least heavily supported covertly.

All this seems to be converging to one action: China + Pakistan prepping for a 'liberation' of Indian of Kashmir.they have the moral motive, they have the geo-strategic motive and the economical motive.
Seems like an inevitability to me.

Who would help in India in such a case? The Russians would condemn any invasion, but Im not sure they would be prepped to put pressure on their border with China, considering the complex situation of them having strong friendship and non aggression treaties with China. Maybe intelligence assistance and economical assistance.

The Americans/West/Japan: well yes they would love to pressure China in the East, but other than PACCOM, the US military is stretched thin in Middle-East. That is if they want to help. Maybe the Chinese look at Obama as being too indecisive and hesitant to intervene considering that the US is still reeling from misfired interventions in that last decade, an economic crisis and a weakening opinion at home.
As such, anything more than intelligence, funding and some 'show of strength' in the Pacific would not be expected here, right?

So it comes down to India fighting it out on her own. She has been preparing war doctrines to fight the 2 front war with Pak and China at the same time for over 5-6 years now, and the physical evidence of this in the bordering areas with China is beginning to show (forward air bases with state-of-art fighters, new rail and road links, Early warning installations etc etc). Can she do it? Not comfortably, I don't think so not now at least, and with China mordernizing its side of the border at the same time, I doubt India will be able to ever comfortably fight back a pincer war with Pak and China.

If it has to go down, it must go down before any 'crazy' Republican govt comes back to power in the US. They will go in all guns blazing no matter where the US is stretched thin

So I give a 2012 timeline to this.

There is one spanner in the gears for this seemingly well-choreographed plan: The floods in Pak. This will definitely deter and postpone any major initiative from Pak to take part in a conflict. They dont have the money to do it. Unless China funds and logistically supports the entire thing.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Daedalus3 because: Floods spanner in the gears

Skyvia,
How does China deploying troops in Pakistan protect China from India?

All it does is push India to react by doing something that is offensive to China. Its an aggressive move, not defensive in any sense.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Daedalus3 because: Reply to Skyvia.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Communist China has invaded several nations since the regime seized power in 1949:
- Tibet in 1950
- India in 1962
- a border clash with the Soviets in 1969
- Vietnam in 1979 (where they got their a--es handed to them in what was practically a one sided war)
- pretty much forced the British and Portuguese to hand over Hong Kong in 1997 and Macau in 1999, even though Hong Kong proper was permanently ceded to the British in 1842. Only Kowloon and the New Territories were subject to the 99 year lease signed in 1899.
- their constant ramblings about Taiwan and the Spratly Islands
- China served as the puppet masters for the African "independence movements" in Rhodesia and Portuguese Africa (Angola, Guinea-Bissau, and Mozambique). Chinese troops were also used as advisors.
- the Chinese were later involved in the Mozambique Civil War and as advisors to Zimbabwe. The Zimbabwe Republic Police is trained by the Chinese People's Armed Police.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Agreed. The Indians have a lot to worry as they are surrounded by Pakistan, Sri-Lanka and
Bangladesh where the chinese can easily inject their influence to infiltrate and change the lines of
the Kashmir Region map to their favor.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 28-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Basically its the old moral story of 2 cats and a monkey where India and Pakistan being the 2 cats and China being the monkey which benefits from the cat fights. China supplies dog sh*t to Pakistan and make their way into the PAK controlled Kashmir and eventually setup their presence for the future when they might decide to re-draw the map in their favor and expand their territory in the disputed kashmir region for which they have already fought a war with India (which indians lost). They are also sending a message to India for its views and support of the Dalai Lama and Tibet issue.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Germany and Japan prior to WWII were 'financed' to power. Where did the money come from? Wake up!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54

Germany and Japan prior to WWII were 'financed' to power. Where did the money come from? Wake up!

Wall Street.

Does this mean 'wine em..dine em..f**k em' ?
or 'feed em..blimp em..slaughter em' ?

edit on 28-1-2011 by hp1229 because: Stupid Typos

top topics

<< 1   >>

join